DJI Phantom 4 RC (GL300C) Firmware problem
9990 12 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zimme
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Together,

I have the following problem ...I've got my Phantom 4 out for a while. As always, the app wanted to make an update of the kopter but I had no connection cable by hand and therefore i made the update on the assistant on the PC. Then calibrated the kopter, until here everything was great ... Now I started the Rc and connected to the kopter. Then the dji go 4 app wanted to update the RC. Said, done but there was probably something wrong and the tablet was freezing during the update and the RC continued to beep. So after a while I started the RC again ....Now I have the problem, when I start the RC the app opens and tells me that I am connected to an inspire 1 and I have to install the old dji go app ..I tried to reset the Rc but I can not get it. What I also noticed before I had the problems I had to press the power button twice that starts the Rc. Now only once again.Can you help me how to make it happen again? Is there any way to make a firmware update withou the App?
2017-12-29
Use props
Zimme
lvl.1
Germany

I tried to get a connection to the dji go before 4 App. When i connect my smartphone it shows me that i'm connected to the Inspire 1. Also when i swich on the P4, The camera button goes green but i havent got a connection to the camera. Its also not possible to do the firmware update. I tried to Downgrade... Not Possible.
2017-12-29
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Try pair link rc and ac.
2017-12-29
Use props
Zimme
lvl.1
Germany

When i try to do Pair link(Link RC) in the App, it will show me "Confirm Frequency Setting"
2017-12-29
Use props
Zimme
lvl.1
Germany

Is there a way to make a pairing without the App?
2017-12-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Zimme Posted at 2017-12-29 15:21
When i try to do Pair link(Link RC) in the App, it will show me "Confirm Frequency Setting"

No, don't use the app - do it manually. Here are instructions for resetting and re-linking controller:

To reset controller:
•        Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
•        Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
•        Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote if needed.
Manually re-linking controller and Phantom:
•        Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
•        Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
•        Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel)  and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
•        Use a toothpick or paper clip to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Otherwise, it sounds like the firmware hasn't properly been applied to the controller. Re-install the latest version of DJI GO (there's been recent updates for both iOS and Android), connect internet-connected device to controller, power on controller (with P4 powered OFF), start up GO and let it check version levels. If you haven't updated it should tell you that v1.9.3.0 is available - let it update.

If it doesn't alert you, then on the device page (where it may still be showing you an Inspire), there's a 3-lines icon at top right of the screen. Press this for at least 5 secs, and it'll then display the firmware levels available. If you're already at that level, you can still refresh the firmware, so try that.
2017-12-29
Use props
Zimme
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks for this information. I tried this before and i never came to a situation that the RC shows any action . No beebs, no lights are flashing by Reset or Re-link...

Do You meen the go4 app or the Old one? On My tablet i have the Dji go v3.1.23. On my smartphone is dji go 4 4.1.22. On the P4 is V02.00.0106 and on the RC im not sure. When i connect the go3 app and i click on camera, than go to the firmware update it show me 1.7.80 current version. When im in the home screen and i push and hold the 3 Bars in the right top corne it will show following:
Device: Inspire 1
Firmware Versin: 1.2.0.12
Downgrade Firmware to: 1.6.0

When i push the Download button for the Downgrade it will failure...

With the go 4 app i didnt get a connection to the Remote.

Any Idea?
2017-12-29
Use props
Ygan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120157 ft

Netherlands

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have two remote controles (GL 300C) that I can use for my Phantom 4. After the latest update from the DJI GO 4 app.
One RC now only want to connect as an Inspire 1. And shows only white light on the display.  I've done everything you can think about such as:
- resetting controller
- Manually re-linking controller and Phantom,
- disconnect the RC battery (hard reset!)
- try several different devices
- set devices to default settings
- reinstall the dji go app several times
- try to upgrade en downgrade the software of the RC but this failed everytime
- etc. etc.

The other RC can I manually re-linking with my Phantom 4. This RC shows a slow blinking green light!
I can start the engine from the quadcopter with the RC but in this case the DJI GO4 app (latest version) don't recognize the RC!
I can't make any connection with this rc and the dji go app.
In this case I've also  tried everything (all the tutorials/help/tips from internet).

Somebody with new ideas???
Please help
2017-12-30
Use props
Zimme
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Ygan,
It looks like you have exactly the same problem then I...
I Hope someone have a good solution for us.
Anyway tomorrow I will contact the dji support in Germany. I hope they can help.
2018-1-1
Use props
Zimme
lvl.1
Germany

I've got the Connection back...
Yesterday a left the RC ON that the Battery goes empty. Today a had a chat with the DJI Support and he said i have to sent the RC to service. Now i put the RC on the charger and switched it on and i get a connection to the Tablet and the Dji go 4 app. It was Possible to upgrade the Firmware.
Maybe you can also try this Method. Swith the RC on and leaf it on untill the battery is totally empty.
Tomorrow i will do a test flight.

Regards,

2018-1-2
Use props
sea6288
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126457 ft
United States

No luck connecting

WM331A Phantom 4
GL3000C Controller

Tried the C1,C2 plus shutter button.
Restored to Factory Default via DJI Ass2
Update P4P via Ass2

Any ideas?
Tried the C1,C2 plus shutter - nothing beeping here.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

2023-2-25
Use props
sea6288
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126457 ft
United States

sea6288 Posted at 2-25 13:23
No luck connecting

WM331A Phantom 4

This wasn't a firmware issue at all.   GL300C won't work with P4P.  I needed a GL300C version B.

After about $300 in repairs, I'm back to where I started. Hopeful DJI will swap the GL300C they sent me with a GL300C version B.  
Found the image below on another forum.  
2023-3-25
Use props
djiuser_THynNvqOMNLr
lvl.1

Czechia

sea6288 Posted at 3-25 02:34
This wasn't a firmware issue at all.   GL300C won't work with P4P.  I needed a GL300C version B.

After about $300 in repairs, I'm back to where I started. Hopeful DJI will swap the GL300C they sent me with a GL300C version B.  

I do not know if this problem is still relevant, but I found a solution:
Disassemble the remote and disconnect the battery from the board, and then turn it on again. A forced reboot of the entire remote control system will be performed and it will work again.
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules