Downlink data connection lost within 1000 ft of home
943 8 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kcskinner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93012 ft
United States

Honestly, I've had a lot of issues with my Christmas purchase. The video feed is always so bad it can't be used as early as 1000 ft. It's grainy, with green lines and honestly it's impossible to use any sort of pathing with the app. I have turned off video caching, thinking this would fix the issue, but I can't even imagine taking it out over 1000ft. I have taken it to various places around Florida, over water, on the ground. I have a lot of logs, but am unsure how to send them to you? It says the attachment type is not correct for this thread. Most recently I was flying it near my home and I lost signal for 1.3 seconds within 1000ft of my home. I don't live in a giant city, either. It's fairly rural.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
2017-12-29
Use props
James R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423871 ft
United States

Are you referring to to feed on your tablet or smartphone? If so which do you have? Also it could be a bad link cable.
2017-12-29
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Actually this happens to me too!
2017-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What devices are you guys using? although, if its a device issue it would do it all the time and not when around 1000ft, this is a distance issues for the OP, i do not know, is there anything between you and the AC when this happens?
2017-12-29
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Go into the settings in the flight screen and tap on the HD icon, there you should be able to choose if it's on manual or auto for radio frequency band changing. Make sure it's on auto.
2017-12-30
Use props
Kcskinner
lvl.1
United States

James R Posted at 2017-12-29 18:50
Are you referring to to feed on your tablet or smartphone? If so which do you have? Also it could be a bad link cable.

I have been using an iPad mini 3, updated fully (that was my first thought about why this could happen) it was on the iPad. The issue is I can't even use the "point to move," bc the feed is so bad. the iPads only use is the drone. It has no other apps. Isn't caching.
2017-12-30
Use props
Kcskinner
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-29 22:27
What devices are you guys using? although, if its a device issue it would do it all the time and not when around 1000ft, this is a distance issues for the OP, i do not know, is there anything between you and the AC when this happens?

Sometimes yea, sometimes no. It has happened over water down the local river, it has happened in a football field.
2017-12-30
Use props
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

I have also been having this problem.  Since the firmware updated I can't get more than 1000ft before the video starts to go bad and I get interference.  I've taken my drone to a couple of places that I flew before and now I can't do even a fraction of the range I used to in the same locations.

Example 1:
Here is a video of me flying around the Carquinez strait ..  I fly it completely across the strait to the town of Port Costa 5000+ feet away.  Never a blip

I have another video where I flew it almost 2 miles away to look at the ship grave yard near Benicia .. that was almost 2 miles away.  The only time I had any interference was when I got to low and had the bridge of the ship between me and the drone but even then it was only for a few seconds.  

Now I have had to purchase some SKYREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna Signal Range Boosters to be able to get some of the range back but even still I'm only getting about 2000-2500ft.   Something is really wrong.
2018-1-2
Use props
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

Suidog Posted at 2018-1-2 09:24
I have also been having this problem.  Since the firmware updated I can't get more than 1000ft before the video starts to go bad and I get interference.  I've taken my drone to a couple of places that I flew before and now I can't do even a fraction of the range I used to in the same locations.

Example 1:

I forgot to add my info

iPhone 7
IOS 11.2.1
DJI Go 4 app 4.1.20
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules