My first ouch! nobodies.fault but my own!
1820 6 2015-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Had some time to prepare for a video I'm helping shoot in a couple weeks and was checking out the shoot sight area and found this road and decided to (as it was said) "grow a set" and get off flat land and start dealing with varying curves, trees, power lines and lots of land and road elevation changes all in close proximity. I was in a chase car with a very nervous driver so I was dealing with them chasing my I1. But all good. She did great.

Filming speed ranges from 15 - 35mph and well on the last curve it caught me off guard and the tree decided it wanted to play catch with me.

Fortunately there was no damage what so ever except a broken prop (ugh new one I put on last night since I upgraded to the quick release props) but thankfully yet another time to count my blessings I colored not with a tree stump but a soft tree branch and leaves and they even caught it so it never dripped to the ground. Not a ounce of damage and we were back up and flying in minutes. Call me crazy it almost seems to fly better. Now.  Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIAXNAjukCc

And I would do this again without question, it was fun.
2015-4-19
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Pretty damn cool bro!
Don't be afraid to throw that right stick over and bank them curves.

Bob
2015-4-19
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

That's bob. It's a learning experience, and regardless of the possible repercussions it was well worth the risks. Going to give it another run in a week
2015-4-19
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

What was your damage?
2015-4-20
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Broken tip on a prop. Popped a new one on a kept flying another almost two hours. Other than that, not even a scratch. Cant wait to go back and try that run again.
2015-4-20
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Austria

Cool and lucky that was your only damage.
But please be careful... I doubt that you were flying on a controlled road and there could have been traffic coming the opposite direction. Meeting a car coming around the corner could end up bad for everyone.

Fly safe.

Cheers
2015-4-20
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Actually the road is a 8 mile dead end and the Las two miles of it is private property. Which is where we were with the property managers OK. On a full public road, with no control, not a chance. We spotted at both ends of the run and drove the whole thing to make sure there was nobody past our start point. Pretty safe setup overall. In the case of the video the truck that is at the start of the video was the property manager and we waited for him to come up the road as we knew we were all clear at that point.
2015-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules