Does Simulator Mode require a connected and powered Mavic Pro?
4142 9 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mz-in-norcal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1005049 ft
United States

I don't understand it.  If I don't have my Mavic Pro powered and connected, I can't use the Flight Simulator? Huh?

I'm afraid to try anything in the flight simulator because I don't want the Mavic to start flying around my family room.  Someone please explain to me what is going on?  I assume a flight simulator only SIMULATES flight and doesn't actually fly anything around.  But then, since my drone is on and connected, I don't want to risk making any assumptions.

-mz
2017-12-29
Use props
cstephens10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170545 ft
United States

yes. You have to connect your mavic, power it on and remove the blades and use it as you usually would
2017-12-31
Use props
mz-in-norcal
lvl.2
United States

That just is crazy. What’s the logic in that?  I’m glad flight simulators for 747s don’t require that you power them up and leave them sitting idle.
2018-1-2
Use props
ianc2
lvl.1
United States

The (stupid) logic is that the simulator is pulling flight configuration information from the Mavic and hence it needs to be powered on. You're right, it doesn't make any sense...

ianc
2018-1-3
Use props
Franklyn Sulive
New

United States

Part of The “sense”  is DJi may be preventing use of the simulator by non-owners and making their simulator a freeware app used by everybody with a phone. Ever thought of that?
2018-1-11
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Franklyn Sulive Posted at 2018-1-11 07:15
Part of The “sense”  is DJi may be preventing use of the simulator by non-owners and making their simulator a freeware app used by everybody with a phone. Ever thought of that?

What a devious mind you have, sir.
2018-1-25
Use props
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13163 ft
United States

Franklyn Sulive Posted at 2018-1-11 07:15

I would see that as a bonus, get a bunch of new people hooked on the simulator then they would go out and buy the real thing. Even bring out a separate app, I would have practice a lot while making the decision to buy or not
2018-1-25
Use props
mz-in-norcal
lvl.2
United States

Now that I've had this Mavic for a while, I find that there's a bunch of stuff that they need to do better, around the same idea:

1. Why do I need to have the Mavic on in order to view Panos?  Let me download the individual images to my phone once, and then view the panos without powering up the Mavic.
2. There needs to be a way to power the Mavic from the charger, without a battery connected, which would allow you to access the datafiles, the images and videos, or use the Mavic as an SD card reader, or use the Simulator, without running a battery down AND ensuring that when powered that way, the props would NEVER rotate.
3. The simulator needs to be a separate app on the phone.  In fact, the app should be split into at least two apps: a flight controller and everything else.  Why do I need to have the same app that flies the Mavic, also help me shop at DJI?  Or to access and read these Forums?  Make a Flight app and a DJI community app.  Maybe even split the video editor out of the community app.
4. Allow me to add a second phone to the additional USB port, so I can let my kids use it to view the flight.  This second phone will be a pure viewer and would allow no control changes or preferences changes.  It's merely a viewer of the video feed from the Mavic camera.
2018-2-5
Use props
azswift
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

mz-in-norcal Posted at 2018-2-5 00:04
Now that I've had this Mavic for a while, I find that there's a bunch of stuff that they need to do better, around the same idea:

1. Why do I need to have the Mavic on in order to view Panos?  Let me download the individual images to my phone once, and then view the panos without powering up the Mavic.

I like the secondary device as a viewer!
2018-2-7
Use props
Easy Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41414 ft
United States

nicely done - thanks for sharing.
2018-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules