Is this something you can recommend?
CLICK HERE
2014-10-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I recommend not smashing it into the ground as the best way to protect the camera.
Cant see that clip making a lot of difference, just moves the problem onto the next weakest link.
2014-10-24
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

I bought one of these  and its just a bit of extra insurance and could save you a lot of cash if you are unfortunate to have a crash .
I think taller landing legs would also be benificial  .
2014-10-25
Use props
tmansonusa
lvl.2

United States

That clip only protects the ribbon cable if the roll gimbal comes apart (and they do since the connection is just a press-fit compression).  There is another piece (different manufacturer - but sold though Etsy) that bridges the bottom of the landing struts and prevents impact of the camera against ground-based projections (e.g., rocks).
2014-10-25
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Ribbon cables cost a fortune from Dji and that is if you can get one .
2014-10-25
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

xzgraham@btinte Posted at 2014-10-25 21:10
Ribbon cables cost a fortune from Dji and that is if you can get one .

Take it off,  use it only when required.........
2014-10-25
Use props
robinbuzios
New

Brazil

mixstreme Posted at 2014-10-25 21:13
Take it off,  use it only when required.........

I'm sure you're joking, or have no experience replacing the ribbon cable being talked about here.
2014-10-25
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

There is no 100% protection. You crash you risk damage just like if you crash your car into a wall or a tree ;).
The retainer clip may prevent the Sensor shaft from pulling out completely at the roll axis sensor put it will not prevent the hole for the shaft in the housing to oval out and the shaft becoming lose.  Furthermore the next item to break on the gimbal is the pitch axis sensor shaft.  The pitch axis shaft will just snap and there is no retainer that can be put on that axis to prevent that.  The ribbon cable will likely be damaged or you even can lose your camera head if that shaft snaps.  
2014-10-25
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

robinbuzios@gma Posted at 2014-10-25 21:44
I'm sure you're joking, or have no experience replacing the ribbon cable being talked about here.

Sorry, I meant the whole unit,  not the cable  and yes Im well aware of the ribbon cable and its intertwined seating.
2014-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules