Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MagicDaveCZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439413 ft
Czechia

Hello,

I have a problem with Spark.
I did a software update and calibrated IMU, a calibrated compass (FW .900) - in an open field, far from metal objects, RC and Phone. Several times I was warned: "Compass error, exit P-GPS mode" and "In Flight mode, when you are working with an IMU encounter an exception, please switch to mode if the craft behaves abnormally" - Airdata: http://app.airdata.com/main?share=dnLqMe,

After next calibration of IMU and compass, however, the message appeared again. Airdata: http://app.airdata.com/main?share=ZYgEXj

Where is the problem? How do i have to proceed?

Thank you for your response.
2017-12-30
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Problem starts when we want to do something better than we should. It is known that compass and IMU calibration are only needed when prompted . Doing it for unknown reason Leeds to problems , I never did one after activation.
2017-12-30
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

At least you could practice some Atti mode. Only tip is don't fly far in atti .
2017-12-30
Use props
MagicDaveCZ
lvl.4
Czechia

Thank you for your comments. How to avoid a compass error?
2017-12-30
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Well try moving powered up spark around at home. Leave screen on compass page. See how easily affected it is - even a pair  of scissors will throw it- , but how quickly it recovers.
Then have a little fly with screen still on compass. Build a picture.
2017-12-30
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1240358 ft
Russia

Same problem!!! My airdata: example - 1, example - 2
FW .900, DJI Go 4.1.22. No interference: Started between river and village.
2017-12-30
Use props
Verticuty
New

Czechia

Same problem! FW .900, DJI Go 4.1.22. Spark Crashed after this warning... Some information DJI?
2017-12-30
Use props
MagicDaveCZ
lvl.4
Czechia

Verticuty Posted at 2017-12-30 09:16
Same problem! FW .900, DJI Go 4.1.22. Spark Crashed after this warning... Some information DJI?

Also, did the app show a warning?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkk8tk ... _IMU_Error.PNG?dl=0
2017-12-30
Use props
Verticuty
New

Czechia

MagicDaveCZ Posted at 2017-12-30 09:23
Also, did the app show a warning?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkk8tkidiuqklwy/SPARK_IMU_Error.PNG?dl=0

Yes, too + "Speed error" No magnetic element anywhere. Fields only... Sport mode.
2017-12-30
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.3
Russia

2017-12-30
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102454 ft
Germany

Unfortunately, that is not unknown.
Use the Spark carefully and watch her behavior with suspicion.
Certainly, some preparations help to avoid these spontaneous dropouts. Not always but mostly.

Here are 2 links of an experienced user, which certainly help:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-119776-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Why would a compass error disable GPS?
Orientation (compass data) and position (GPS data) are different but related.
When the Spark is moving and getting position information from the GPS that tells the Spark that it is travelling in a different direction from what it's getting from compass data, The Spark programming can't work with the data conflict.
The solution is to drop data from one source and since the Spark can't fly without a compass but can without GPS, it's the GPS data that gets dropped.

There have been some compass problems with Spark lately or your issue may have been related to something you did.
I'd be curious about when and where you calibrated it and where you launched from as these may be relevant factors.
You can also see the flight data to learn more and perhaps solve the mystery of your incident.
2017-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Sorry double post.
2017-12-30
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.3
Russia

Pull Spark in different directions with your hand. Look at the compass live view in Dji go. I found a problem and resolve.
image1.jpeg
2017-12-30
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I agree with mishanki!
I've never had acompass problem, but since so many have, I fly occasionally especially in a
new area with compass screen live.
Errors you can see indoors manually do not trigger alarm and quickly recover so you may get good warning outdoors.Seems like common sense, and builds experience.
2017-12-31
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.3
Russia

Today fly in sport mode. Resolve...
2017-12-31
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi Mishanki - compass still equally important in sport mode!
2017-12-31
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.3
Russia

I had problems with compass when drone tilting forward fast. Test it in live view compass status in Dji Go.
image1.jpeg
2017-12-31
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It's one of the best monitors in my view.
2017-12-31
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MagicDaveCZ Posted at 2017-12-30 08:21
Thank you for your comments. How to avoid a compass error?

When I had compass error before flight I was asked by app to do compass calibration. That's happen because I had some magnetic interference from electric transforms which I had few meters away. To avoid compass error you should avoid to take off in places with electronic devices, antenas or massive concrete construction. Stay suspicious when spark ask you for compass calibrate don't fly far just test your drone close to you (my compass error happen when I changed direction). So fly around change direction multiple times make sure its fine. Don't calibrate anything if you are not asked by app. If your drone works fine it work fine you do not need change it And finally buy second cheap noGPS drone and pratice ATTI flights. One day you may need that skill with your spark and its worth to know how to fly not only push your drone in gps mode.

2017-12-31
Use props
LordOM4
New
Flight distance : 9511 ft
Norway

I've also had this problem the two last days.
Before taking off every thing seems OK.
GPS and all other statuses are OK.
But when getting in the air the error messages come. About GPS and compass.
The drone uses some time before it decides to switch to manual mode. In this period I have hardly much control. I saved the drone by sending it high up to avoid colliding, and when in manual mode bring it back to a safe landing.

Any suggestions?
2018-1-1
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Watch compass state  on sensor screen. If it's not green, move it.Still orange or red, recalibrate in new place.
2018-1-1
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

PS  walk oall over the place with it. Notice how bringing a phone -even on airplane mode- turns sensor orange, as do most metal objects. Even a spoon. Keep phone and remote away for calibrating.
2018-1-1
Use props
LasseLars
New

Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-30 10:07
Why would a compass error disable GPS?
Orientation (compass data) and position (GPS data) are different but related.
When the Spark is moving and getting position information from the GPS that tells the Spark that it is travelling in a different direction from what it's getting from compass data, The Spark programming can't work with the data conflict.

(Nu förstår jag mera)
Thank you for your explanation. I got surprised when I lost gps, still having 16 sats and compass error
Many of these:
  Yaw Error. Magnetic Filed Interference. Exit P-GPS Mode
  Yaw Error. Weak GPS signal. Positioning accuracy may be compromised. Please fly with caution.
I was really scared that I also would get some RTH since then I don't know what would have happen.

Two days later I was back at the same place. I did a compass calibration (staying away from remote control and other metal objects) and then I did fly the same route as before and, I got same error again.

I is at 100 meters height over an empy farmer field. There is no electrical cables in the ground or in the air. Since it is repeatable there is something there of course.
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules