2138 10 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Felix_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26468445 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Did anybody noticed this difference between the X7 and X5S?
iso100.jpeg

iso1600.jpeg
2017-12-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Interesting.

Given all are the same settings and f/2.8, only thing it could be is the camera processing itself making for the remarkable difference, imho.  I wouldn't imagine the lens differences to be that far off when measured in T-stops.

How do they compared outdoors in sunlight with matched settings?

Another DJI mystery to be resolved.   

2017-12-30
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

theres not an ND filter applied to the x7 shots?

just a very stupid question and probably no way its the answer, but i heard talks about there being an ND filter with the 16mm x7 lens, the difference in results would hardly be its fault? its not in the barrel of the lens somewhere to be switched on and off?

with the bigger pixels theres no way you sould be getting a result like youve shown otherwise, theres a stop or more of a difference in those images.
2017-12-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 2017-12-30 12:01
theres not an ND filter applied to the x7 shots?

just a very stupid question and probably no way its the answer, but i heard talks about there being an ND filter with the 16mm x7 lens, the difference in results would hardly be its fault? its not in the barrel of the lens somewhere to be switched on and off?

Good point on the ND filter in the 16mm.  I think there is a GO setting for that.
2017-12-30
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You would think the x7 would be overexposed using the same settings as the x5s as the sensor would be collecting a lot more light.
2018-1-1
Use props
Felix_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26468445 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Yes, probably it's the T-stops difference.  
The ND filter was disabled for sure.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Felix, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
We will need the original footage for further analysis, is it convenient to upload several of them to Dropbox or Google Driver and post us the link?
Thanks for your assistance.
2018-1-2
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have just tested the DL16mm on the x7 vs the 12mm on the x5s.. same camera exposure settings iso 800, shutter 1/40 and aperture of 2.8 and the x5s is almost a half stop brighter indoors. Just tested this outside and the results are close but the olympus lens is a bit brighter about a third of a stop.. I think it could be down to the transmission of the lens.. but what I have noticed is the noise levels are signifently reduced with the larger senor.. looking forward to testing this more.
But please fix DLOG on the app with x7 for SD users...
2018-1-9
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Are both shots in D-Log otherwise the comparison is useless. Picture profiles from different cameras add different curves to the image, even RAW.
2018-1-10
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

All tests I've seen, including my own, show that the X7 at the same f-stop is about 2/3 stop darker than the x5s. There is also a significant difference in color balance as well.
2018-1-11
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-1-11 09:07
All tests I've seen, including my own, show that the X7 at the same f-stop is about 2/3 stop darker than the x5s. There is also a significant difference in color balance as well.

I suggest that you have a look at the DXO tests.  While they rate the X7 camera highly...note the measured ISO vs the ISO settings.  This may explain what you have seen.

https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/DJI/Zenmuse-X7---Measurements

Ray
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules