DJI GO streaming to local PC solved!
24654 13 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TriptyX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 349226 ft
Croatia

Greetings. I just got my Mavic and managed to get the streaming working via Raspberry Pi and VLC player It is working like a charm
2017-12-30
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Croatia

Ok sorry for such a stupid post but for some reason it would not let me post the whole text. So in short you need al the standard equipment plus the raspberry pi and vlc player on any device. The stream is smooth at around 30fps, 1280x720, and no OSD overlay of any kind. Been running for almost 40 minutes, no hickups. Then it died because the stupid mavic controller charges my phone all the time :/
2017-12-30
Use props
MacMike
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TriptyX Posted at 2017-12-30 14:31
Ok sorry for such a stupid post but for some reason it would not let me post the whole text. So in short you need al the standard equipment plus the raspberry pi and vlc player on any device. The stream is smooth at around 30fps, 1280x720, and no OSD overlay of any kind. Been running for almost 40 minutes, no hickups. Then it died because the stupid mavic controller charges my phone all the time :/

Congratulations.  Would you mind posting the process/setup you developed in order to stream to a PC?
Thanks.

Mike
2018-1-2
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Croatia

Well I am trying but it tells me my text contains bad information. There are couple of links there, do you know how can I get around it?
2018-1-2
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Croatia

Greetings. I just got a brand new Mavic and as much it is awesome, especially after years in large drone stuff, I was really annoyed hat there is no HDMI out as on a Phantom. So decided to play a bit around. And I got it working )))
First of all the list of things you need:
Mavic (obviously) - updated to latest firmware, also the app is latest version
Nokia 8 in my case - working like a charm but any device should work
Raspberry PI - 3 Model B +, but I think any will work since RTMP in my cases uses around 5% of CPU
VLC player - any device that has VLC installed will be able to look at the stream
First of all you should install the latest Raspberry Distro from here:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/ update all the software and reboot.
After that I used a tutorial from here:
https://obsproject.com/forum/res ... ver-using-nginx.50/
Go to DJI Go app, choose live streaming and choose custom. Input the IP address of your Raspberry PI, and hit start
Open the VLC, input the same value you used in DJI App and start play. For me it works, framerate is about 30fps, and the codec is 1280x720 resolution.

Things to fix:

make nginx run at boot

solve the power supply to the Raspberry if on a field

Test the stability

Try to put the stream on HDMI out of a Raspberry

For now it is working, fullscreen, delay is around 1-2 seconds, no overlays or OSD info of any kind

Got it. Word filtering on a forum
2018-1-2
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Croatia

2018-1-2
Use props
Bob Loblaw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13917 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey TriptyX,
Thanks for the awesome post and info here!  I'm trying to do the same thing, but trying to get HLS working for a mobile web browser feed.  Did you ever mess with that and if so, would you have your config file info?
Thanks!
2018-7-16
Use props
NashA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7484 ft

TriptyX Posted at 2018-1-2 06:41
Greetings. I just got a brand new Mavic and as much it is awesome, especially after years in large drone stuff, I was really annoyed hat there is no HDMI out as on a Phantom. So decided to play a bit around. And I got it working )))
First of all the list of things you need:
Mavic (obviously) - updated to latest firmware, also the app is latest version

RE: getting nginx to start on boot

sudo update-rc.d -f nginx defaults;
2018-9-2
Use props
alexonpeace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257326 ft
India

Bob Loblaw Posted at 2018-7-16 12:43
Hey TriptyX,
Thanks for the awesome post and info here!  I'm trying to do the same thing, but trying to get HLS working for a mobile web browser feed.  Did you ever mess with that and if so, would you have your config file info?
Thanks!

Hi bud

The example in my config i have created both "live" and "mobile" (optimized) streams and will use ffmpeg (already installed) to generate the bit-rate adjusted, mobile-optimized HLS stream. I made it so it also show how to cause the server to record your live streams automatically and to allow you to play the recordings back as a video on demand (VOD) replay service.

nginx.conf.pdf

2.15 KB, Down times: 85

remove ".pdf" extension after downloading

2019-3-4
Use props
alexonpeace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257326 ft
India

download this instead nginx.conf https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YZIUrMKM_hPtDUWa2PDAisWYdqROoE06/view?usp=sharing
2019-3-4
Use props
Dj_Disaster12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244626 ft
United States

can you please record a video on how to do it i cant figure it out. its not working for me
2019-3-14
Use props
Dj_Disaster12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244626 ft
United States

can you please record a video on how to do it i cant figure it out. its not working for me
2019-3-14
Use props
CesaireNJ
New

Cameroon

I have a Mavic Air. I have tried to live stream from the apps to my laptop (ubuntu 16.04) using nginx/rtmp as a video server. It keeps showing Connecting.... My laptop is used as a wifi hotspot ans my phone is connected to the RC controllerr and my laptop via wifi. I have being working on it since many days now. Any help will be highly appreciated.

And What is the best way to live stream video from a DJI drone to a computer please?
2020-4-1
Use props
IRLMedia
New

Philippines

IMS - OBS IRL streaming server is designed for the best quality IRL mobile streams possible, using the SRT protocol with error correction (FEC) with latency delay, it is possible to use only 1 Sim Card (no bonding needed) in line with x265 codec technology to use low bitrates with equal quality of high bitates witch saves data and bandwidth, anti-disconnection relay so you keep your viewers while you have lost connection and have your own custom overlays on your stream, easily controlled all from your Twitch chat!

Visit https://www.irlmediasolutions.com/ for more info.
2021-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules