19258 18 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airlfix.dk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

After doing a fw upgrade today I get IMU error and the GO app asks for an IMU calibration.

But I can not IMU calibrate as I fer this error every time.

I tried reinstalling the fw and app but the error continues and I can’t calibrate or fly now.

How do I get out of this?
731D51CB-B9CE-434B-897B-A4D0C9AEC05C.jpeg
2017-12-30
Use props
Airlfix.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Nobody experienced this before or know how to fix it?
2017-12-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ve never seen that before.
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Airlfix, just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If not, I'm afraid that the issue can not be figured out remotely, and would suggest to send it in for a fully diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had IMU errors on my P4P - the only solution was to return it to DJI and wait 4 weeks.
2017-12-31
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Does this error pop out right after you hit calibrate IMU from GO 4?
Is the MP connected to RC/Device before you hit IMU cal from GO 4?
Can you list your step sequence ?
2017-12-31
Use props
Airlfix.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-30 23:24
Hi Airlfix, just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If not, I'm afraid that the issue can not be figured out remotely, and would suggest to send it in for a fully diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

No, it’s never been in a crash.

I haven’t flown it in weeks, and after the fw update it just shows these errors when I try to calibrate the gimbal.
2018-1-1
Use props
Airlfix.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-12-31 04:57
Does this error pop out right after you hit calibrate IMU from GO 4?
Is the MP connected to RC/Device before you hit IMU cal from GO 4?
Can you list your step sequence ?

I first updated via the GO app, and got the same error message when I first tried to update the gimbal.

I then reinstalled the fw via the Assistant 2 app. I did a reboot of the MAVIC, rc and GO app. Turned on rc amd GO App and connected the MAVIC. When the GO app connects to the MAVIC it says IMU error. I then try to calibrate the IMU via the app with the MAVIC still connected but get this error everytime.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Airlfix.dk Posted at 2018-1-1 01:51
No, it’s never been in a crash.

I haven’t flown it in weeks, and after the fw update it just shows these errors when I try to calibrate the gimbal.

Thanks for getting back to us. Please refer my previous suggestion and send it in, the local team will take care once the unit arrived.
2018-1-2
Use props
DanCam
New
Flight distance : 735 ft
Peru

I have the solution!! Start the calibration with the drone on one of the sides, not like the first image of the app. (1. Drone on the side, 2. Drone like the first image, 3. Drone pointing up, 4. Drone upside down). Well that works for me!!!  
2019-3-8
Use props
Alfieris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19902 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

DanCam Posted at 3-8 08:18
I have the solution!! Start the calibration with the drone on one of the sides, not like the first image of the app. (1. Drone on the side, 2. Drone like the first image, 3. Drone pointing up, 4. Drone upside down). Well that works for me!!!

hello some know how to solve the error -71 in the calibration of the imu in the mavic pro.
2019-3-22
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

had that warning before, I had sent it to DJI, turns out it was a sensor module that was faulty
2019-3-23
Use props
djiuser_8I6bZnTjNGpc
New

United States

I experienced the same problem. I brought my phantom 4 on our Caribbean cruise, tried to calibrate IMU at least 10 times outside the ship when we docked to Mexico but it says calibration error. Got so frustrated because I was glad that they let me check in my drone into the cruise ship but I was not able to fly it in Honduras and Mexico : (
2019-4-10
Use props
Balu29
New
United States

I have the solution!! Start the calibration with the drone on one of the sides, not like the first image of the app. (1. Drone on the side, 2. Drone like the first image, 3. Drone pointing up, 4. Drone upside down). Well that works for me!!!

Hi all I had the same issue could not calibrate the IMU, but I followed the instructions from DanCam and it works as well on my drone.

Thank you finding this out
2019-6-2
Use props
Balu29
New
United States

I have the solution!! Start the calibration with the drone on one of the sides, not like the first image of the app. (1. Drone on the side, 2. Drone like the first image, 3. Drone pointing up, 4. Drone upside down). Well that works for me!!!

It works
I did it the same way and it works
2019-6-2
Use props
Mateusz Gizler
New

Sri Lanka

DanCam Posted at 2019-3-8 08:18

Genius ! Working perfect, but I had to find 5th position, now IMU Calibration requires 5 positions in the app.  I suppose it was on the side again.
2020-2-3
Use props
Kevin Bianchi
New

United States

This worked, Thank you!
2020-6-17
Use props
jlbenedini
New
Flight distance : 2776 ft

Brazil

Thank you so much ... you saved me !! Congratulations on helping people solve problems like this.
2020-9-1
Use props
djiuser_muD1v1jOozwt
New

Croatia

Hi there. Need help please. Today I had a slight crash with my mavic 2 pro and IMU wont callibrate when I start it up. Accelerometer reports data error. How to fix it? Do I have to use dji care?Thank you
2021-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules