i crashed my mavic pro
1214 7 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cstephens10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170545 ft
United States

So today I went to the park in my neighborhood. I was flying around and I decided to go over the new pool that was being put in. I was going over the parking lot at 200 feet high and suddenly lost connection. Nothing popped up on my screen that I had hit anything or that there was interference, even though there were powerlines nearby. Does anyone know what might have caused it to crash or advice as this is my first crash.

2017-12-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If you upload the DAT file from the flight I'll take a look and may be able to shed some light on why this happened. The instructions for accessing DAT files are here, and once you've retrieved it you'll need to upload it to DropBox (or a similar service) and provide a link to it here.
2017-12-30
Use props
cstephens10
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-30 17:20
If you upload the DAT file from the flight I'll take a look and may be able to shed some light on why this happened. The instructions for accessing DAT files are here, and once you've retrieved it you'll need to upload it to DropBox (or a similar service) and provide a link to it here.

also I've already formed a repair service. Do I need to wait for them to send the free shipping label in the mail. And if this isn't a user's fault crash will I be charged?
2017-12-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

cstephens10 Posted at 2017-12-30 17:26
also I've already formed a repair service. Do I need to wait for them to send the free shipping label in the mail. And if this isn't a user's fault crash will I be charged?

Do you mean that you've already opened a case with DJI? Yes, you'll need to wait until you receive a shipping label which can take a business day or two to arrive. No, you won't be charged for a replacement if the crash was caused by a product defect. However, the determination of what caused the crash will be made by DJI looking at the same DAT file I recommended above that you upload. Their analysis is usually -- but not always -- correct, so if you'd like someone outside of DJI to be able to look at it you'll need to extract it from the Mavic before you send it back to them.
2017-12-30
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Lots of things may have happened.  Antenna orientation, trees causing attenuation of the signal causing loss of control, many others.  If it was 200 feet up, I suspect it was antenna orientation, or maybe even both, which would make it worse.
2017-12-30
Use props
cstephens10
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-30 17:29

Do you mean that you've already opened a case with DJI? Yes, you'll need to wait until you receive a shipping label which can take a business day or two to arrive. No, you won't be charged for a replacement if the crash was caused by a product defect. However, the determination of what caused the crash will be made by DJI looking at the same DAT file I recommended above that you upload. Their analysis is usually -- but not always -- correct, so if you'd like someone outside of DJI to be able to look at it you'll need to extract it from the Mavic before you send it back to them.

ok so I've finally extracted the DAT file. How exactly do I upload it?
2017-12-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

cstephens10 Posted at 2017-12-30 18:59
ok so I've finally extracted the DAT file. How exactly do I upload it?

You'll need an account on DropBox (or a similar service), which can be created for free if you don't already have one. Once you do, upload the file there, provide a link to the upload in this thread (or send it to me in a Private Message), and I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Stephen, I'm sorry to read the crash. Generally, I'd suggest data analysis to check the crash reason, then we will offer you the solutions based on the analysis result. Please kindly offer your case number if you need further assistance, we'll be here for follow-up.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules