Snowboarding
1797 7 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boba Fett
New
United States

I’m new with the spark but I see much potential in it. I’m an avid snowboarder and i was considering having Nightwing(the spark) tag along and film me. My only concern is if the active tracker will be able to keep up with me. I’ve never measured my actual speed but I know I’m fast. I know not to film while it snows due to water damage and I also know not to film in under freezing temps. Thoughts on whether or not I should bring it to film? Will it keep up?
2017-12-30
Use props
fans65cee56b
lvl.1
Canada

Depends on how fast you snowboard. The max speed of the spark is 50km/hr. However I don’t know if when the spark is in active track if it can go that fast. Also depends on the terain. If there is a lot of trees where you snowboard the I wouldn’t suggest it either as the obstacle avoidance might not always work and you could end with your spark in a tree.
2017-12-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It does keep up it you have a relative constant speed and direction, carving out smooth turns, obviously not exceeding it's maximum speed in active track which is roughly 40kmh

I've seen a video where the Spark crashed into trees when a skier took the turn too sharply and the Spark cut the corner to keep up and  hit trees on the inside of the corner.
2017-12-30
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The other issue is many ski areas prohibit drones.
2017-12-30
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Wear dark colour apparel to make sure Spark can differentiate subject from background. Try on a clear path (no trees or obstacles) as the OA (obstacle avoidance) is not as smart as you may expect. Have a good go at it.
2017-12-30
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

You really need a friend to pilot the drone.  Active track just keeps the camera on the subject automatically.  It flys automatically after the target but that is incidental.  Having the autopilot do the flying on its own is not smart.  It is not a good pilot.  Someone should be in control of it in case the drone loses track or starts flying in a direction it shouldn't.  Intelligent flight modes closely monitored by a pilot.

I heard the Spark will track faster if the collision avoidance sensors are turned off but I haven't tested it myself.

Even airliners with triple autoland run by multiple autopilot computers do not allow the pilots to leave the cockpit.  A pilot has to be in control of the aircraft at all times even when autopilot is helping him.  That rule should be true of drone pilots too.
2017-12-30
Use props
WilliamRoy
lvl.1

India

If you are an amateur, then you have to work hard on it. .. You have to keep work continue so you will be able to fulfill it.Do not lose the hard work .. Do hard work, Make it complete.
http://mendooutdoors.com/
2018-4-3
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft

WilliamRoy Posted at 2018-4-3 21:04
If you are an amateur, then you have to work hard on it. .. You have to keep work continue so you will be able to fulfill it.Do not lose the hard work .. Do hard work, Make it complete.
http://mendooutdoors.com/

Spam pls delete
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules