Need help with latest update Inspire 1 pro
698 9 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnvisionMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198163 ft
Australia

Hi I stuffed up, I know, I updated controller before my AC. I updated on 29/12 which was strange as this was the first time App showed I needed to update (update released in July) and I have flown it a few times since then. I see we can't roll back anymore so that does not help me. My symptons now
iPhone X
RC and AC linked, able to fly with no obvious issues ( only hovered and moved to see if effected)
App recognises AC and RC connection, Firmware status corrct
Can control Gimbal direction and ISO with Dials from Controller
CANNOT change settings on camera through App, will not focus, start stop etc
APP does not recognise the version of controller.

As I said I know I stuffed up, I'm looking for an answer. Should I Roll back AC firmware (have earlier version) though when I redo update Controller is still done before AC so seems pointless.  Surely there is a way to fix up the stuff up, surely I'm not the only person in world to be so dumb.

Please help.
2017-12-30
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Unless I'm mistaken, you can still roll back one version, from within the DJI Go app, top left "Home" button then hold your finger on the top right (three horizontal lines) for 5 seconds(ish) and you will be given the option to roll back. You need to connect to the aircraft or the option will not be available.
I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Mark G.
2017-12-31
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-31 05:04
Unless I'm mistaken, you can still roll back one version, from within the DJI Go app, top left "Home" button then hold your finger on the top right (three horizontal lines) for 5 seconds(ish) and you will be given the option to roll back. You need to connect to the aircraft or the option will not be available.
I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

if the AC is out of travel mode, cant he just shut off the RC and update the AC? i always thought the AC first then RC was when the AC was in travel mode. but i may be wrong still learning
2017-12-31
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

First off you are not the dumbest person in the whole world  that honor belongs to ME so back off, there can only be one of us at a time .......

Ok where was I ...

So you are able to fly no problem so you are not stuck in travel mode or anything like that .  You got lucky ( more than likely according to the sysmptoms )  on that one, explain later , dont do it again though.
You are saying that the only symptom is the camera will not focus  or change settings AND THE VERSION OF FW WILL NOT SHOW ON THE'ABOUT 'TAB CORRECT. ( the Ac will though correct ???)

When you updated do you have  the x3 camera or just the X5 camera ?? waht version did you update to??

If you have both and just updated the X3 then you will need to upload the X5 firmware to the system .If only the X5 ARE YOU CERTAIN YOU PICKED THAT FW???

What version does the system say you are on with the ENTIRE SYSTEM ON, go to the "About " and pleas list the FW on your system .  AC - RC _ Go app  and you say the camera is not there .

let me know .
***What  mode is the camera in ? Is it in Follow mode or FPV or what ?  Not sure if htis changes the camera features on the X5 as I sold my camera but just want to make sure you are in follow mode . Also the camera version not showing up throws me off  ( on the "about " tab ) You did have the camera attached when you looked at the "about tab and had the ENTIRE  system fired up .

Don't roll anything back just yet, need to know what version you are on .

Also you can update the RC before the AC BUT !!!!! you must have never tried to connect RC to the Aircraft, also it would lock you in travel mode at around v version 1.5.8.  
The ABOVE IS JUST AN  FYI IT IS BEST TO ALWAYS UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT BEFORE THE RC TRANSMITTER BUT WANT YOU TO KNOW THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS .
DONNIE   

2017-12-31
Use props
EnvisionMedia
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all, thanks for the replies. Sorry have been away over Christmas break. So as we know, there was no ability to roll back on latest firmware, that is what I found when using my iPhone X. Had no real info what controller version was on. However I think I may have rectified my problem. I turned to my trusty Sony Xperia Z5 (I still prefer my Android over iPhone) and funny enough was able to roll back my controller version. I did this then re-installed new firmware and all appears to be good.

Moral to the story, when all else fails, turn to Android
2018-1-5
Use props
EnvisionMedia
lvl.1
Australia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-12-31 06:11
First off you are not the dumbest person in the whole world  that honor belongs to ME  so back off, there can only be one of us at a time .......

Ok where was I ...

I updated to Inspire 1 Pro (X5) to latest version (triple checked). It was in Follow mode. I was unable to do much with my iPhone X connected, however I had more control with the Android. I appreciate your help
2018-1-5
Use props
EnvisionMedia
lvl.1
Australia

I jumped to conclusions to soon. I had a success with the iPhone only for it to go back to the same issue. I thought I'd try my partners iPhone 8+ and it worked, once, then did the same. I then tried the Sony (Android) and guess what it works, with no problems, on both Go and Litchi.  I feel it has something to do with the iPhone.
2018-1-6
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-31 05:04
Unless I'm mistaken, you can still roll back one version, from within the DJI Go app, top left "Home" button then hold your finger on the top right (three horizontal lines) for 5 seconds(ish) and you will be given the option to roll back. You need to connect to the aircraft or the option will not be available.
I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Does not work with my Inspire 1. You get the message
"the device does not support FW upgrade thru the app. Please use an USB drive"
(edit)
I got this message with a Crystalsky
I retried with an Ipad, it worked.
Note: The RC was downgraded to 1.6.0, but the the AC was still at the last version and the connection RC <-> AC was not possible
Is it possible to downgrade the AC to a level compatible with RC 1.6.0 ? Otherwise, the RC downgrade is not very useful...

2018-1-6
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

EnvisionMedia Posted at 2018-1-6 01:45
I jumped to conclusions to soon. I had a success with the iPhone only for it to go back to the same issue. I thought I'd try my partners iPhone 8+ and it worked, once, then did the same. I then tried the Sony (Android) and guess what it works, with no problems, on both Go and Litchi.  I feel it has something to do with the iPhone.

Go through the phone settings must be something there. Is the phone updated ?  may be something  DJI needs to update there system to work with the I phone x.

good luck

donnie
2018-1-6
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

castormalin Posted at 2018-1-6 04:18
Does not work with my Inspire 1. You get the message
"the device does not support FW upgrade thru the app. Please use an USB drive"
(edit)