Lost Flights/hrs/cummulative distance
1098 19 2015-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

The recent upgrade seems to have purged several flights/hrs/distance from the pilot app logs. I went from 120+ flights to 50 flights and lost approximately 65-75 minutes of flight time. Before the upgrade, I recall approaching 400k feet in cummulative distance. In retrospect, I should have "synced: my log to the cloud (icon) prior to start of the FW upgrade to backup the onboard systems.
As a result, not really knowing for sure, it will be longer to move past the "Junior Pilot" designation as determined by the app. I still have never received a response to my query about where the logs go and what the incremental levels are and the criteria for advancement. Whatever.
Does anybody know what the answers are to this topic?
2015-4-20
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

Does anybody know what the answers are to this topic?
Please...
2015-4-20
Use props
giero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7357333 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Same problem here...
2015-4-20
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

FYI ... This is not a video game ...
Also ... There is no "re spawn" when you crash!
2015-4-20
Use props
Scotflieger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26875098 ft
Italy

I transfer the flights recorded in the Pilot App to a hard copy Pilot's Log Book. This provides a 'permanent' record to prove my experience flying drones to the UK CAA and insurance company.
2015-4-20
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

Your age/maturity shows through. Answer the question and I'll respect you, otherwise, keep your animations to yourself.
2015-4-20
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

If you were diligent in backing up your flight logs to the cloud service the app provides, simply synchronize and the 'lost' flights will all reappear! Good luck.
2015-4-20
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-4-21 07:44
If you were diligent in backing up your flight logs to the cloud service the app provides, simply sy ...

Not quite true. I have "synced"  to "cloud" several times and still lost the previous levels and the new elements. too.
2015-4-20
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

Check two other things
1) Did you register under only ONE name and that name is consistent with the account you are now logged in under
2) Did you tab through the other possible craft you own? There is a bug whereby some flights are stored under a different craft name from the pilot....
Finally, all SUCCESSFULLY synched flights have a 'cloud' icon associated with them.

If all fails, you can retrieve recent flights from the craft within its internal black box
2015-4-20
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-4-21 12:29
Check two other things
1) Did you register under only ONE name and that name is consistent with the  ...

No luck on retrieval of lost data. I've always been registered as the same user and single AC.
There has always been a 4 flight discrepancy between the AC and my user name I think because there were some flights on a different tablet. I just can't figure how I lost so many flights and data.
I really wish there were an interface to read what's on the "cloud" platform using a browser.
I do understand that it needs to be accurate and not easily manipulated, but also needs to be correct(able)
2015-4-21
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

plz contact live800 and provide ur DJI usercenter email to the support.

We will figure it out.
2015-4-21
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

w1der Posted at 2015-4-21 02:23

This is the dumbest response to a legitimate question I've seen in a while.  It's hard enough getting feedback on questions on this forum sometimes, without this sort of reply.
2015-4-21
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Australia

If you were diligent in backing up your flight logs to the cloud service the app provides, simply sy ...

Nope...I experienced similar, and diligently backup/sync my data.
2015-4-21
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Australia

Nope...I experienced similar, and diligently backup/sync my data.
2015-4-21
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-ytao Posted at 2015-4-21 19:35

We will figure it out.

...would be nice to see some follow on details from DJI on the topic, once you've figured it out, please?
2015-4-21
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-ytao Posted at 2015-4-21 19:35

We will figure it out.

...would be nice to see some follow-on details from DJI on the topic, once you've figured it out, please?
2015-4-21
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-4-21 19:56
This is the dumbest response to a legitimate question I've seen in a while.  It's hard enough gett ...

No ... it's not dumb.
Actually it's clever (and funny)

I myself made the choice not to trust this feature (either) and I logg my flights elsewhere!
2015-4-21
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Just a quick questions, how many flight hours does it take to move past the "Junior Pilot" rating?
2015-4-21
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Just a quick questions, how many flight hours does it take to move past the "Junior Pilot" rating?
2015-4-21
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE:
Hello, thanks for contacting DJI. You can reach us by:
E-mail to: Inspire1@dji.com
Thank you!
11:29:34
The recent upgrade seems to have purged several flights/hrs/distance from the pilot app logs. I went from 120+ flights to 50 flights and lost approximately 65-75 minutes of flight time. Before the upgrade, I recall approaching 400k feet in cummulative distance. In retrospect, I should have "synced: my log to the cloud (icon) prior to start of the FW upgrade to backup the onboard systems.
lz contact live800 and provide ur DJI usercenter email to the support.

We will figure it out.
Jay Baldwin
AC=SVCT-1
11:32:26
No luck on retrieval of lost data. I've always been registered as the same user and single AC.
There has always been a 4 flight discrepancy between the AC and my user name I think because there were some flights on a different tablet. I just can't figure how I lost so many flights and data.
11:34:25
we got your message , just one moment
we are checking for you
11:35:27
Good. Let's resolve so I can tell the community that you actually care about this...
11:39:16
it may take some time sir, i'm still trying ti figure out what do you mean...
11:41:28
do you mean you lost some fight record date after update?
11:42:51
There is a serious delta between actual flight data and that reported by the app. The most recent update "stripped" me of over 50 flights and associated flight data.
Sorry, no speak chinese.
11:44:36
I'm trying to be civil and cooperative here, but I've been victim of loss in the data processes
you lost fight record on the app and some of your aircrafts flew away, am i right?
11:45:58
Before the update, I had over 106 flights. this went DOWN to 50 after upgrade.
No, I did NOT have "flyaway", just lost records of flight data on the "cloud"
ok, i understand you this time
OK, you now understand. How do we fix the situation?
11:52:16
did you add those data to favorites ?
Somewhere, there is a backup of my previous flight data that proves my point and accomplishments prior to the upgrade. Please restore/assimilate into my records to date.
11:54:32
Favorites?? No I did not. And I notice that some records do not have the "green" dot next to them. Also, ther has always been a discrepancy between what is shown for the user id and the AC. Please just advise if able to be corrected or not..
11:56:51
i'm afraid it can not be corrected ,sir
12:03:50
I will post this on the forum so all can see the result of this and know that you tried.
Oh well.
2015-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules