Did anyone else notice the Inspire II appearance in Bancroft?
772 8 2017-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

Hello all.

On the 12 December 2017 a four part, TV crime drama called Bancroft, aired here in the U.K.

I recorded it and watched the last episode last night. I was pleasantly surprised to see an actor playing a police officer, deploy an Inspire II during an operation to capture some gun runners.

It was a very brief shot, probably only about a second.

Did anyone else notice it?

2017-12-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Drones are trendy gadgets now to show up occasionally on action TV shows or movies, commercials aside. Unfortunately in most cases their capabilities are greatly distorted, adding even more confussion to popular believes and myths ...
2017-12-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2017-12-31 14:49
Drones are trendy gadgets now to show up occasionally on action TV shows or movies, commercials aside. Unfortunately in most cases their capabilities are greatly distorted, adding even more to false popular believes and myths ...

CBS had the Mavic Pro appear in a Scorpion series show (2 weeks ago) and because it was being flown by the bad guy they shot it down with a hand gun.

They are using them more commonly today in our movies and TV.... I just hope they do not portray them poorly!

Rich
2017-12-31
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

This was a very brief scene, but at least it was being used by the good guys
2018-1-1
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-31 21:57
CBS had the Mavic Pro appear in a Scorpion series show (2 weeks ago) and because it was being flown by the bad guy they shot it down with a hand gun.

They are using them more commonly today in our movies and TV.... I just hope they do not portray them poorly!

Must have been a close shot with a handgun , a rifle  would even have a hard time at altitude and moving .  I  at one time flew RC combat with streamers, fun as heck but VERY difficult to cut another streamer in the air . It can be done , just difficult.

Happy New  Year Rich , hope the new year brings peace and prosperity and new DJI stuff !!!  

donnie
2018-1-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-1 05:54
Must have been a close shot with a handgun , a rifle  would even have a hard time at altitude and moving .  I  at one time flew RC combat with streamers, fun as heck but VERY difficult to cut another streamer in the air . It can be done , just difficult.

Happy New  Year Rich , hope the new year brings peace and prosperity and new DJI stuff !!!  

Thank you,  Same to you Donnie!

Yes I remember going after those streamers of crate paper rolls too.  very hard to see where you are in space (3D).
The TV scenes with the Mavic were very close to the camera and actors. The probably had a squib placed inside the Mavic and set it off on cue.

Have you bought the Inspire 2? or are you waiting for the Phantom X   
Rich
2018-1-1
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

That is really cool, I have seen the Inspire in a number of other programs as well. It's really a trendy gadget.
2018-1-1
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-1 09:33
Thank you,  Same to you Donnie!

Yes I remember going after those streamers of crate paper rolls too.  very hard to see where you are in space (3D).

Phantom  x for me I think.  UNLESS the 4g comes out for the Inspire 2 then I will risk the wrath of the wife and get one !!

donnie
2018-1-2
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

It gets me every time I see a DJI drone (that very clearly have gimbals) in a movie/show, then see footage from the drone's POV that is low quality and not at all stabilzed. I know things are shot that way so the audience will better understand from what perspective they are viewing, but it's a bit disappointing to see this amazing tech played down and made to look so bad.
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules