2392 39 2017-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
unstoppable
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1039029 ft
Taiwan

Hello!

After upgrading the firmware to the latest and then, recently, the DJI Go 4 app to the latest version, I noticed I cannot select maximum video resolution - 4096×2160.
When I try to select it, the camera picture will go grey, stuck for a moment, and then the setting will automatically change to latest known setting (which in my case is 3840×2160. Before the upgrade of firmware and app, everything was working perfectly fine.

Does anyone got similar issue?

Help!
2017-12-31
Use props
unstoppable
lvl.2
Taiwan

Forgot to add the details:

Software:
iPad Mini 4 with iOS 11.2.1
DJI Go 4 app v4.1.20 (3034)

Hardware:
Inspire 2 without PRO Res/Cinema
64GB SanDisk SSD card
2017-12-31
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are correct, I have the same issue, I select it, and then it reverts back to 3840x2160. It does not hold on to 4096x2160. I am on the latest and greatest versions on the Aircraft. DJI team, can you comments on the issue please
2017-12-31
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

snath Posted at 2017-12-31 08:22
You are correct, I have the same issue, I select it, and then it reverts back to 3840x2160. It does not hold on to 4096x2160. I am on the latest and greatest versions on the Aircraft. DJI team, can you comments on the issue please

I have this issue but with the X5s. (MicroSD card/Ipad mini). The work around for me is to activate the left hand SSD panel and select 4096 then hit "Do not record". Then 4096 is retained. The SSD panel should not be visable as there is no SSD on board. This is one of the user interface issues that the latest IOS Go4 release has. Also in custom colour settings "Sharpness" has moved to the middle setting of the 3. DJI are aware of these issues.
2017-12-31
Use props
unstoppable
lvl.2
Taiwan

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2017-12-31 09:15
I have this issue but with the X5s. (MicroSD card/Ipad mini). The work around for me is to activate the left hand SSD panel and select 4096 then hit "Do not record". Then 4096 is retained. The SSD panel should not be visable as there is no SSD on board. This is one of the user interface issues that the latest IOS Go4 release has. Also in custom colour settings "Sharpness" has moved to the middle setting of the 3. DJI are aware of these issues.

Maybe this is shallow question but how do you enable this panel in iOS? How to access it?
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys, I'm sorry for the late response because of the holiday. The issue has been forwarded to our engineers to verify and test, I will keep you updated soon, thanks for the patience.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi guys, could you please try again? I and our engineers have tested again and there is no the same problem appearing. Please try other resolution, if the issue persists, a short video would be appreciated.
2018-1-2
Use props
unstoppable
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-2 03:00
Hi guys, could you please try again? I and our engineers have tested again and there is no the same problem appearing. Please try other resolution, if the issue persists, a short video would be appreciated.

Mindy, could you please do let me know how to activate "SSD panel" in iOS Go 4 app if I don't use SSD and only SD card? Then I will be able to double check and verify. Currently I access all camera settings from the camera menu available on right hand side.
2018-1-3
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-2 03:00

This issue has been raised several times by myself and others on this forum. There is a flaw in the UI when using IPAD Mini/MicroSD. Latest I2 firmware and IOS Go4App. WITHOUT SSD installed.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

unstoppable Posted at 2018-1-3 10:11
Mindy, could you please do let me know how to activate "SSD panel" in iOS Go 4 app if I don't use SSD and only SD card? Then I will be able to double check and verify. Currently I access all camera settings from the camera menu available on right hand side.

Hello Sir, sorry for the late response since I was day off yesterday.
Please try to activate SSD with Android mobile device, thank you.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-1-4 01:33
This issue has been raised several times by myself and others on this forum. There is a flaw in the UI when using IPAD Mini/MicroSD. Latest I2 firmware and IOS Go4App. WITHOUT SSD installed.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, our engineers are working on it and please wait for the next firmware version, thank you.
2018-1-5
Use props
unstoppable
lvl.2
Taiwan

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-1-4 01:33
This issue has been raised several times by myself and others on this forum. There is a flaw in the UI when using IPAD Mini/MicroSD. Latest I2 firmware and IOS Go4App. WITHOUT SSD installed.

This seems to be the case. I can't find any SSD menu on my iPad Mini 4 with the latest DJI Go 4 installed
2018-1-5
Use props
unstoppable
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-5 00:29
Hello Sir, sorry for the late response since I was day off yesterday.
Please try to activate SSD with Android mobile device, thank you.

Mindy, there is no such thing like SSD panel if your Inspire has no SSD installed. I just grabbed an Android device, I installed newest Go 4 app and I am still seeing same menu/settings like on my iPad Mini 4. I am honestly getting tired of this.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

unstoppable Posted at 2018-1-6 03:52
Mindy, there is no such thing like SSD panel if your Inspire has no SSD installed. I just grabbed an Android device, I installed newest Go 4 app and I am still seeing same menu/settings like on my iPad Mini 4. I am honestly getting tired of this.

Sorry for the trouble caused, I have tried Android device, even you do not install SSD, the SSD panel can be enabled or disabled, may I have the screenshot if you are available?
2018-1-9
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-9 04:23
Sorry for the trouble caused, I have tried Android device, even you do not install SSD, the SSD panel can be enabled or disabled, may I have the screenshot if you are available?

I have this same menu no matter whether it's Android device or iOS device and whether I have SD card in or not.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yuumee Posted at 2018-1-11 01:22
[view_image]

I have this same menu no matter whether it's Android device or iOS device and whether I have SD card in or not.

May I know what problem you are experiencing currently? Cannot select C4K resolution or cannot find SSD panel?
2018-1-12
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-12 03:21
May I know what problem you are experiencing currently? Cannot select C4K resolution or cannot find SSD panel?

Both. Please read the posts earlier.
2018-1-15
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-12 03:21

Any progress on this?
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yuumee Posted at 2018-1-19 02:12
Any progress on this?

Yuumee, I'm so sorry that I missed your post.
I checked my Inspire 2 and also confirmed with our engineers, 4096x2160 can be selected without any problem, if the issue persists with your drone, a short video would be much appreciated.
The picture you showed in 15# is the camera settings. Just to verify, do you mean you cannot enable SSD Panel like unstoppable mentioned in 13#?
2018-1-19
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-19 03:23
Yuumee, I'm so sorry that I missed your post.
I checked my Inspire 2 and also confirmed with our engineers, 4096x2160 can be selected without any problem, if the issue persists with your drone, a short video would be much appreciated.
The picture you showed in 15# is the camera settings. Just to verify, do you mean your cannot enable SSD Panel like unstoppable mentioned in 13#?

Unstoppable is me, I changed the nickname. And yes, I cannot enable SSD panel so I can choose the settings. Apparently, even without SSD I should be able to see SSD panel - unfortunately it doesn't work.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yuumee Posted at 2018-1-19 03:50
Unstoppable is me, I changed the nickname. And yes, I cannot enable SSD panel so I can choose the settings. Apparently, even without SSD I should be able to see SSD panel - unfortunately it doesn't work.

Oops, I apologize for the misunderstanding, we have been aware of this issue will get it optimized in the next firmware update, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2018-1-23
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-23 00:17
Oops, I apologize for the misunderstanding, we have been aware of this issue will get it optimized in the next firmware update, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.

Mindy other members says this is an issue on iPad Mini only but my Android phone (Sony Xperia) also don't show that panel (as you can clearly see on the screenshot in one of my answers earlier).
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yuumee Posted at 2018-1-23 03:06
Mindy other members says this is an issue on iPad Mini only but my Android phone (Sony Xperia) also don't show that panel (as you can clearly see on the screenshot in one of my answers earlier).

I see, I also tried an Android device and it seems the SSD panel is grey without SSD inserted. Our engineers are working on it, we are terribly sorry for the trouble caused, could you please wait a moment for the next firmware released? Your patience would be highly appreciated.
2018-1-24
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-24 03:33
I see, I also tried an Android device and it seems the SSD panel is grey without SSD inserted. Our engineers are working on it, we are terribly sorry for the trouble caused, could you please wait a moment for the next firmware released? Your patience would be highly appreciated.

Hi DJI-Mindy

I wanted some clarity on this topic "Currently I am not able to select 4096 x 2160" Is this an issue that is being worked on? I use a iPad Pro and this has not worked for me for a long time.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

snath Posted at 2018-1-24 09:47
Hi DJI-Mindy

I wanted some clarity on this topic "Currently I am not able to select 4096 x 2160" Is this an issue that is being worked on? I use a iPad Pro and this has not worked for me for a long time.

Snath, unfortunately we didn't recurrence the issue, could you please take a short video for further support? And you current firmware version is v01.01.0300 and the RC is V01.01.0002 right?
2018-2-3
Use props
fansa1a17812
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115787 ft
Netherlands

Hej, I have almost the same problem but it also goes further. When I tried to activate 4K resolution it all the time jumped back to 2.7K.  I went to my dealer where we tried the XS4S on an another Inspire 2 with the for last firmware version, on that version and on that Inspire it worked well. So, I got home and down-graded the firmware version very hopefully. But after downgrading the firmware the complete menu item "resolution" disappeared.
2018-2-4
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-24 03:33
I see, I also tried an Android device and it seems the SSD panel is grey without SSD inserted. Our engineers are working on it, we are terribly sorry for the trouble caused, could you please wait a moment for the next firmware released? Your patience would be highly appreciated.

Hi. Please can you tell us the date of the next firmware release and also assure us that this issue will be addressed in that release. Also if the DLOG profile when using h264/MicroSD will be fixed.
2018-2-4
Use props
fansa1a17812
lvl.1
Netherlands

fansa1a17812 Posted at 2018-2-4 02:38
Hej, I have almost the same problem but it also goes further. When I tried to activate 4K resolution it all the time jumped back to 2.7K.  I went to my dealer where we tried the XS4S on an another Inspire 2 with the for last firmware version, on that version and on that Inspire it worked well. So, I got home and down-graded the firmware version very hopefully. But after downgrading the firmware the complete menu item "resolution" disappeared.

I made a mistake, I was confused with the Photo function, no menu item disappeared. But in film mode trying to choose 4096K it always jumps back now to 3840K. That was before jumping back to 2.7K.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-2-4 03:14
Hi. Please can you tell us the date of the next firmware release and also assure us that this issue will be addressed in that release. Also if the DLOG profile when using h264/MicroSD will be fixed.

Hi there, we do have the release date of the next firmware currently, but I believe it will come soon, thanks for the patience.
2018-2-6
Use props
fansa1a17812
lvl.1
Netherlands

Mindy Is there any news about a firmware update because I still keep the problems too long now.
2018-2-16
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I also now have this exact problem. Trying to change from any other res to 4096 x 2160 4K I experience:

1. The camera pauses, the picture goes black and white with a frozen image
2. It appears to re-boot and the camera switches from video to photo mode
3. 4096 becomes highlighted for a brief period
4. The camera switches back to Video mode and the res goes back to whatever setting I started with (never stays in 4096)

All other res settings are available, just not 4096.

Any news on the next firmware update to address this?

(Equipment is X4S, MicroSD, iPad Pro)
2018-3-10
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

NB: I’ve tried today to downgrade and then re-upgrade the firmware to see if it made a difference. In both the downgraded and the re-upgraded conditions, the issue persists.
2018-3-12
Use props
fansa1a17812
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 04:49
Hi there, we do have the release date of the next firmware currently, but I believe it will come soon, thanks for the patience.

Hi Mindy, see your post date and the date today, there is stil no firmware update. This not exactable.
Everybody has paid for a camera with 4096x2160 resolution and that is already not working for almost two months.
2018-3-17
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansa1a17812 Posted at 2018-3-17 05:33
Hi Mindy, see your post date and the date today, there is stil no firmware update. This not exactable.
Everybody has paid for a camera with 4096x2160 resolution and that is already not working for almost two months.

Agree. Can we please have an update on this? Even the Mavic can shoot true 4K for a third of the price. It’s getting embarrassing.
2018-3-19
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Does anyone know of any kind of work around to get 4K working? This is getting embarrassing. No comment from DJI, no timeline for a firmware fix. Is it time to sell the I2 and get a P4?
2018-3-19
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

FIX!

Hi all

So I've managed to fix my issue here and I'm hoping it'll work for everyone else too. I spent a morning playing around with different things and the sequence of actions that worked were:

1. Remote controller off
2. connect I2 (with camera) to my mac and boot up the Assistant
3. Downgrade the firmware to the lowest version possible
4. Reset to factory default settings (via Assistant)
5. Disconnect I2 from Mac and turn off
6. Turn on remote, connect to Go4 app & then turn on I2
7. 4096 now available but gives me a "lens disconnected warning
8. Turned everything off and reconnected I2 to Mac
9. I2 back on and re-upgraded firmware to latest version
10. I2 off, remote on, connect to Go4, I2 back on
11. It worked!!!!!!

It takes a while to do and used around 20% power end-to-end so I recommend you have a fully charged set of batteries before you start.

Hope this works for you too folks :-)
2018-3-22
Use props
Joseph DeSalvo
lvl.2

This seemed to have worked for me! Thanks so much for sharing this information!
2018-3-27
Use props
AllDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138629 ft
United Kingdom

I dont really want to go through all the downgrade and upgrade again hassle, and this should not be necessary.
What is the latest on a firmware update to fix the issue ?

thanks

Victor
2018-4-10
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7801565 ft

This was happening to me as well. The workaround that I found till the upgrade fixed it was:

If you are going to select 4k, change the image transmission under the "HD" button in the menu from 1080 to 720. That is the only way it worked for me. Let me know if this works for you!
2018-5-19
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm having the same issue on my Phantom 4 Pro.  Exact symptoms as the OP.  Will try the complete downgrade/upgrade tomorrow.
**Edit** just tried with my android tablet and it works.

So.. iPad Air 2 ... latest IOS latest DJI Go.. no 4096x2160
LG G Pad III .. Android 7 latest DJI Go.. all camera modes available.

Once the camera is in that mode then I can switch back to IOS and it works SMH.  
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules