Gimbal overload warning new drone
1494 18 2017-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ParkView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1684770 ft
United States

I received the gimbal overload warning after the 3rd flight or so. After talking on line and thru phone support it was recommended to send back.  Their on line abd phone support was 5 stars. Very fast.  I will post on my service experience once I get my drone back.  

2017-12-31
Use props
djiuser_r1oq59c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1138 ft
United States

After 2 flights and updating to the most current firmware, I also have the dreaded “Gimbal Motor Overload” error.  DJI is closed on the weekends, so I haven’t heard back from tech support yet
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Park, thanks for sharing your positive feedback. We will keep learning and offer better service in the future. If you encounter any issue or need further assistance, please kindly offer your case number, we'll be here for follow-up. Happy New Year!
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_r1oq59c Posted at 2017-12-31 15:05
After 2 flights and updating to the most current firmware, I also have the dreaded “Gimbal Motor Overload” error.  DJI is closed on the weekends, so I haven’t heard back from tech support yet

Sir, just to verify, the Gimbal Motor Overload issue appears just after the firmware update, right? Has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If not, I'd suggest to refresh the firmware to see whether it is misinformation.
2017-12-31
Use props
djiuser_r1oq59c
lvl.1
United States

I tried IMU cal, Gimbal cal, downgrading firmware, reupgrading firmware, SD card reformat, another battery...still the same problem.  As soon as it powers up, the camera does it’s normal process of pointing down then up...when it points straight forward it has a slight constant twitch
2018-1-7
Use props
ParkView
lvl.2
United States

Ok Isent the drone to DJI.  It took one week UPS ground from Orlando to their support site in Ca.  I hope to hear some good news soon.  With only using for 3 days and a few flights in beginner mode I’m hoping this is just a simple adjustment. I’ll keep everyone posted.  
2018-1-10
Use props
ParkView
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-31 19:55
Hi Park, thanks for sharing your positive feedback. We will keep learning and offer better service in the future. If you encounter any issue or need further assistance, please kindly offer your case number, we'll be here for follow-up. Happy New Year!

Hi Susan. The drone is at the DJI service center.  UPS said it was delivered yesterday.  
2018-1-10
Use props
ParkView
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_r1oq59c Posted at 2018-1-7 14:43
I tried IMU cal, Gimbal cal, downgrading firmware, reupgrading firmware, SD card reformat, another battery...still the same problem.  As soon as it powers up, the camera does it’s normal process of pointing down then up...when it points straight forward it has a slight constant twitch

That is the same as my issue.  The camera keeps jerking to the right over and over.  Just a little but it shows on screen and you get the gimbal overload warning.  
2018-1-10
Use props
ParkView
lvl.2
United States

ParkView Posted at 2018-1-10 05:01
Ok Isent the drone to DJI.  It took one week UPS ground from Orlando to their support site in Ca.  I hope to hear some good news soon.  With only using for 3 days and a few flights in beginner mode I’m hoping this is just a simple adjustment. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Wow.. the repair team has already received my unit.  Very impressed as it was just received yesterday.   I’m hope they get it looked at and on my way back ASAP.  I’ll keep everyone posted
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ParkView Posted at 2018-1-10 17:32
Wow.. the repair team has already received my unit.  Very impressed as it was just received yesterday.   I’m hope they get it looked at and on my way back ASAP.  I’ll keep everyone posted

Thanks for your patience. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to see whether we can help. You can also check the case status through here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2018-1-10
Use props
ParkView
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-10 22:39
Thanks for your patience. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to see whether we can help. You can also check the case status through here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace

Hi everyone.  Great news. My Phantom 4 Pro Plus is getting repaired as I type this.  I'm so impressed with DJI.  The phone support, the web support, the service techs all 5 stars.  I would encourage those that need service have all your info ready, ID, Serial numbers, and give them very detailed info.  This helps them speed things along.  If UPS could just deliver faster to Orlando that would be great.. LOL  Once I get it back I'll send a video of the new flight!  Regards  Dennis
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ParkView Posted at 2018-1-11 09:12
Hi everyone.  Great news. My Phantom 4 Pro Plus is getting repaired as I type this.  I'm so impressed with DJI.  The phone support, the web support, the service techs all 5 stars.  I would encourage those that need service have all your info ready, ID, Serial numbers, and give them very detailed info.  This helps them speed things along.  If UPS could just deliver faster to Orlando that would be great.. LOL  Once I get it back I'll send a video of the new flight!  Regards  Dennis

Hi Dennis, thank you so much for your positive feedback about our customer service, hope you will get it back soon and look forward to your video.
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_elLho7T
lvl.1
Australia

Don't worry.you will get a refurbished one with unknown history.maybe some scratch on it. That is what they do!
2018-1-12
Use props
ParkviewFL
lvl.2
United States

Got my Phanptom 4 Pro back!  Works great!  DJI service was very fast for me. I just wish they offered faster shipping. It took 14 days of time from and back to Orlando. Other than that great service!
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ParkviewFL Posted at 2018-1-22 16:11
Got my Phanptom 4 Pro back!  Works great!  DJI service was very fast for me. I just wish they offered faster shipping. It took 14 days of time from and back to Orlando. Other than that great service!

Glad to know you have received it, thanks for your suggestion and feedback to our service, we will transfer it to management department to keep improving our customer service, happy flying.
2018-1-22
Use props
MJS_4P
lvl.1
United States

My drone was received by DJI on 4 Jan...repair status still shows Its in the 1-3 day damage assessment.  Count your blessings Parkview
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MJS_4P Posted at 2018-1-23 22:32
My drone was received by DJI on 4 Jan...repair status still shows Its in the 1-3 day damage assessment.  Count your blessings Parkview

Sorry to read on this, may I have the case number? I will check the case and get you an update, thank you.
2018-1-23
Use props
MJS_4P
lvl.1
United States

Cas-1363550-q8d1v0
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to the designated team to accelerate the progress. We will keep follow and update the status here. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules