1694 29 2017-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

No or bad connection GO App with  my devices (iPhone 6 and iPad 4 mini) cause I can't use camera/gimbal. So I'm not able to film!
GO App says AC not connected or can't change any camera/gimbal settins, no versions on About screen. Changing many cables didn't help.
Sometimes everything back to work after several unpluging/repluging. That issue is very annoying.
DJI PLEASE FIX IT QUICKLY!
P.S. on my Android (GO App 3.1.23) device no that issue.

2017-12-31
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I think the issue lies with 11.2.1 so it might not be DJI this time.  Apple may have screwed up the SDK kit too.

If you Google CarPlay and iOS 11.2.1 you'll find lots of pages of disconnection issues with the USB connection of the Apple device to their car stereo players.  Seems the Lightning port is wonky and they are also resorting to unplugging and replugging to get CarPlay to work again.  Sounds familiar with GO too.
2017-12-31
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-31 09:05
I think the issue lies with 11.2.1 so it might not be DJI this time.  Apple may have screwed up the SDK kit too.

If you Google CarPlay and iOS 11.2.1 you'll find lots of pages of disconnection issues with the USB connection of the Apple device to their car stereo players.  Seems the Lightning port is wonky and they are also resorting to unplugging and replugging to get CarPlay to work again.  Sounds familiar with GO too.

It's probably true, so what can we do in this case? I thing DJI can.
P.S. I use bluetooth with my car stereo
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AEROKAMERA, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our APP, the issue will be forwarded to our developers to look into, I will keep you posted if there is any update, thanks for the patience.
2018-1-1
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-1 23:51
AEROKAMERA, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our APP, the issue will be forwarded to our developers to look into, I will keep you posted if there is any update, thanks for the patience.

Thanks Mindy. I hope it'll be fixed soon
2018-1-2
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

try disconnecting and re conecting the devise with everything still on, I've solved it that way, yes PITA but at least you can function that way
2018-1-2
Use props
EnvisionMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198163 ft
Australia

I have same issues on iPhone X and iPhone 8+, Sony xperia z5 (android) no issues.
2018-1-6
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

mixchief Posted at 2018-1-2 13:02
try disconnecting and re conecting the devise with everything still on, I've solved it that way, yes PITA but at least you can function that way

Yes, I use that method but it's very frustrating, you are never sure if it will work next time or during flight.
What should I tell my clients? Equipment for about 7000 Euros grounded.
2018-1-6
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2018-1-6 02:33
Yes, I use that method but it's very frustrating, you are never sure if it will work next time or during flight.
What should I tell my clients? Equipment for about 7000 Euros grounded.

I know PITA, but seems to always work, what can I say , some are saying its an apple issue that is also coming up with CarPlay
2018-1-7
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

mixchief Posted at 2018-1-7 16:36
I know PITA, but seems to always work, what can I say , some are saying its an apple issue that is also coming up with CarPlay

It may be a truth. AutoPilot and DroneDeploy can't connect or do have a problem too, but they use same sdk from DJI, iTunes (PC/Mac) connects perfectly, so...
2018-1-8
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

same deal here
2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I just updated my I Pad Pro and have the same deal , I just quickly disconnect and connect and the issue goes away . I am sure it will be corrected in the Next version of go app .

Cheers , tell Sonny and Crocket  hello for me down in Miami !!

donny
2018-1-11
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

[url=forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&pid=1125728&ptid=127051][color=#999999Cheers , tell Sonny and Crocket  hello for me down in Miami !!

Donnie, they call me John Donson around these parts LOL, don't you mean Crockett and Tubbs? Sonny is Crockett no?
LOL
2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-1-11 11:06
Donnie, they call me John Donson around these parts LOL, don't you mean Crockett and Tubbs? Sonny is Crockett no?
LOL

LOL, your right , I messed that up but good !!

Thanks John Donson !!

donnie

2018-1-11
Use props
jlund
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105581 ft
United States

Same issues for me. I can see the camera image and control the gimbal but can't engage the camera, set focus, get the lens profile, etc. Have to unplug USB a few times and or restart the RC. Very frustrating and nerve racking on set. DJI, I'm begging for a fix. (Brand new iPad Pro.)
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi guys, iOS DJI GO  V3.1.24 will be released in stages, please update at your earliest convenience, appreciate your patience.
We apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-1-12
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-12 00:43
Hi guys, iOS DJI GO  V3.1.24 will be released in stages, please update at your earliest convenience, appreciate your patience.
We apologize again for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you , by the way any word on when the 4k ( edit  : I meant 4G  not 4K ) dongle for the Inspire 2 will be out . It  is in the literature as coming soon , just wonder when , If that comes out I will be a Inspire 2 owner.

donnie  
2018-1-12
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

For those having troubles: DJI GO 3.1.24 is available. (App store as of Jan 15, 2018)
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-12 05:15
Thank you , by the way any word on when the 4k dongle for the Inspire 2 will be out . It  is in the literature as coming soon , just wonder when , If that comes out I will be a Inspire 2 owner.

donnie

I understand Donnie, unfortunately we still do not have any release date news about it. We are terribly sorry to have kept you waiting. Thank you so much for the patience.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AEROKAMERA, iOS DJI GO V3.1.24 APP has been released in stages, please update at your earliest convenience and let me know if there is any further problem, thank you.
2018-1-16
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 00:25
AEROKAMERA, iOS DJI GO V3.1.24 APP has been released in stages, please update at your earliest convenience and let me know if there is any further problem, thank you.

Thanks Mindy. I did it, it seems to be fixed on both my devices (iPhone6 and iPad4 Mini).
Now can't fly because of snowing.
What's about GO4 on iOS? Did DJI forget to fix it too?
2018-1-16
Use props
Donnie "Apple M
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 00:23
I understand Donnie, unfortunately we still do not have any release date news about it. We are terribly sorry to have kept you waiting. Thank you so much for the patience.

OK, thank you Miss Mindy .

donnie
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2018-1-16 02:30
Thanks Mindy. I did it, it seems to be fixed on both my devices (iPhone6 and iPad4 Mini).
Now can't fly because of snowing.
What's about GO4 on iOS? Did DJI forget to fix it too?

AEROKAMERA, our engineers are also working on DJI Go 4, appreciate your kind patience.
Please keep me updated if there is any further issue during flight. Happy flying.
2018-1-17
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-12 05:15
Thank you , by the way any word on when the 4k dongle for the Inspire 2 will be out . It  is in the literature as coming soon , just wonder when , If that comes out I will be a Inspire 2 owner.

donnie

huh? 4k what? wachatakinabout donnie?
2018-1-18
Use props
Donnie - Apple
Second Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-1-18 12:56
huh? 4k what? wachatakinabout donnie?
First off I meant to say 4"G " and Not 4"K"....just out of habit I guess. I did edit my post to reflect this brain fog of mine .

On the Inspire 2 they are eventually ( who knows when or if ever ) going to have a 4 G cellular connection for the system , this will mean  no dropouts ( or minimum ) and No line of sight needed anymore . Distance would only be limited by battery power.

The "dongle " or attachment will connect to one of the ports on the top of the RC and provide the ability in addition to the 2.4 and 4.8.

I think they are waiting for FCC approval.  

It will just be a matter of time as I know they make cameras that transmit over the cell ( 4G) network so I can see it being that much further out. These are lone cameras and Not cell phones with cameras . Best Buy and Verizon has them out now.

To me that will be a game changer for things , this is how I think delivering parcels will become a reality as  the signal in not hindered by buildings etc.  It will be the door for new legislation for flying beyond LOS and may require special permissions, I am not sure .

donnie
2018-1-19
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie - Apple  Posted at 2018-1-19 05:11
First off I meant to say 4"G " and Not 4"K"....just out of habit I guess. I did edit my post to reflect this brain fog of mine .

On the Inspire 2 they are eventually ( who knows when or if ever ) going to have a 4 G cellular connection for the system , this will mean  no dropouts ( or minimum ) and No line of sight needed anymore . Distance would only be limited by battery power.

Certainly it will NOT be open to the public. The dongle has to be supplied by DJI? shouldn't it be supplied by the cellular provider and DJI just supply the interface? I'm assuming also you will need 2 lines one for the AC and one for the receiver which would be I guess the tablet and in the case of CS I guess another dongle unless they intend to make 4G support for the CS, Don't know if that is already a reality. Kind of expensive proposition unless you are Amazon, what with FCC permits and 4G lines etc. Also the reliability of the AC's must have to come into play for permits to become a reality, I really don't think even an I2 has the reliability (what with all the reported flyaways and drops from the sky) to permit this to be a reality, at the very least mandatory insurance will be necessary. Also I seem to remember in DJIs disclaimers that though the 4G is a possibility one has to provide the code for it to work, eluding to DJI not wanting to provide the programs to run the 4G connection, I could be wrong but that's the way I understood it, things might have changed mileage may vary.
2018-1-19
Use props
Donnie - Apple
Second Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-1-19 07:26
Certainly it will NOT be open to the public. The dongle has to be supplied by DJI? shouldn't it be supplied by the cellular provider and DJI just supply the interface? I'm assuming also you will need 2 lines one for the AC and one for the receiver which would be I guess the tablet and in the case of CS I guess another dongle unless they intend to make 4G support for the CS, Don't know if that is already a reality. Kind of expensive proposition unless you are Amazon, what with FCC permits and 4G lines etc. Also the reliability of the AC's must have to come into play for permits to become a reality, I really don't think even an I2 has the reliability (what with all the reported flyaways and drops from the sky) to permit this to be a reality, at the very least mandatory insurance will be necessary. Also I seem to remember in DJIs disclaimers that though the 4G is a possibility one has to provide the code for it to work, eluding to DJI not wanting to provide the programs to run the 4G connection, I could be wrong but that's the way I understood it, things might have changed mileage may vary.

mileage may vary ..LOL

I have NO idea on all the details , just  heard there was going to be a Cellular siganl 4G coming out at some time in the future .  But like you elluded to it opens up a bunch of possibilities .
****ONe quick story about flyaways , Many pilots refer to stories where the AC was a ways out and flew away .  THE ONLY FLYAWAY i ever had was with a Chroma Blade Quad and had the AC very close to me , within a 100 foot radious, when it suddenly ascended to several hundred feet and went downwind .  Lucky I had my name and phone number and it landed on a farmers fron lawn about 5 miles away.  wish I would have saved the footage as it was really cool .

donnie
2018-1-20
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie - Apple  Posted at 2018-1-20 06:14
mileage may vary ..LOL

I have NO idea on all the details , just  heard there was going to be a Cellular siganl 4G coming out at some time in the future .  But like you elluded to it opens up a bunch of possibilities .

wow, why wouldn't you save it
2018-1-20
Use props
Donnie - Apple
Second Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-1-20 17:49
wow, why wouldn't you save it

I was getting my new Mac computer and transferring files to the external hard drive and I think I had the file named something Generic Like MOV112 and just thinning the files it was deleted .

If I happen to find a  back up copy somewhere I will send it to you .

cheers Chief

donnie
2018-1-21
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

got version 24 today on my iPhone 6, 8 minute test flight, at least 8 times the wireless interference warning came on NO JOY!!!
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules