Why do I need HoRNDIS
28315 9 2017-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CuriousBee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7923 ft
United States

Perhaps this has been answered already? I've been perusing threads containing the words HoRNDIS for an answer but I've been unable to find why I need it. The DJI assistant seems to run without it. I admittedly haven't tried all the functions of the assistant app, but again I'm having trouble fathoming why I need this latch on program. Does anyone know why it's included in the DJI assistant software??
-All the best
2017-12-31
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm guessing you are using a Mac? I have no idea why you'd need it but this is what it's for.

HoRNDIS (pronounce: “horrendous”) is a driver for Mac OS X that allows you to use your Android phone's native USB tethering mode to get Internet access.
2017-12-31
Use props
CuriousBee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7923 ft
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-12-31 21:54
I'm guessing you are using a Mac? I have no idea why you'd need it but this is what it's for.

HoRNDIS (pronounce: “horrendous”) is a driver for Mac OS X that allows you to use your Android phone's native USB tethering mode to get Internet access.

I am using a MAC, and I'm a little OCD about the apps that I load to my computer. I was frustrated by the idea that DJI might be including this program with their software for reasons that aren't related to the operation of my drone or interaction between their software and the drone. I just did a fresh reformatting of my MAC and accidentally got thrust into the install of this app while loading the DJI Assistant.
2017-12-31
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

CuriousBee Posted at 2017-12-31 22:51
I am using a MAC, and I'm a little OCD about the apps that I load to my computer. I was frustrated by the idea that DJI might be including this program with their software for reasons that aren't related to the operation of my drone or interaction between their software and the drone. I just did a fresh reformatting of my MAC and accidentally got thrust into the install of this app while loading the DJI Assistant.

When I installed the DJI Assistant software on my Mac, I did not install the HoRNDIS add-on.  I don't have any Android devices, so I skipped it.  The Assistant software works just fine without it on my Mac.
2018-1-1
Use props
moneycaptain3d.com
New
United States

I installed HoRNDIS and my mac failed to restart. It hung up at the apple scree. In the end I had to reinstall a new system on to an external drive using the  recovery boot command (Command R). Once I was running from the new system I navigated to the previous system drive and searched through the Library Extensions folders until I found HoRNDIS and deleted it. Use the start up disk preference to select the original drive and restart. It came back. Only four hours of screwing around ! And then I had to use a PC to activate anyway.
2020-6-19
Use props
moneycaptain3d.com
New
United States

I installed HoRNDIS and my mac failed to restart. It hung up at the apple scree. In the end I had to reinstall a new system on to an external drive using the  recovery boot command (Command R). Once I was running from the new system I navigated to the previous system drive and searched through the Library Extensions folders until I found HoRNDIS and deleted it. Use the start up disk preference to select the original drive and restart. It came back. Only four hours of screwing around ! And then I had to use a PC to activate anyway.
2020-6-19
Use props
captain3d
New
United States

2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_SJwYfXNcfbtH
New

Greece

Hey, i have mavic air. and on my macbook air doenst recognize the dji assistand 2.
i try to download the assintant that was supposed to be for the mavic air but still doensnt work.( from the original site the download)

Which assistnat do i need and where can i find to have the calibrations that are necessary?
Thank you.
2023-11-14
Use props
aramsmak
lvl.1

Germany

If you are using DJI Assistant on a Mac and haven't encountered any issues or prompts related to HoRNDIS, it's possible that the DJI Assistant application itself doesn't require HoRNDIS for its core functionalities. However, the inclusion of HoRNDIS might be related to additional features or functionalities that DJI may have incorporated into their software after my last update. Alternatively, it could be related to specific use cases or scenarios where internet sharing or USB connectivity is required for certain DJI devices.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_SJwYfXNcfbtH Posted at 11-14 05:53
Hey, i have mavic air. and on my macbook air doenst recognize the dji assistand 2.
i try to download the assintant that was supposed to be for the mavic air but still doensnt work.( from the original site the download)

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. You may download the correct version of the DJI Assistant 2 for your Mavic air using this link https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2 . Please make sure to use a USB communication data cable to connect your DJI Spark to your computer. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day.
2023-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules