Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Happy New Year, app crashes while in flight!
6489 36 2018-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomramos213
lvl.2
United States

So I was flying getting some great shots of the fireworks in the area. When midnight hit I noticed that there was now a lag in the feed on my phone. Then all of a sudden the app crashes and I had to close it. Luckily it didn't affect the Mavic and I landed it safely. Coincidence?
2018-1-1
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

Is it android version .22 ? People say crashes are back. Dji broke things again.
2018-1-1
Use props
Vandesande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115640 ft
Belgium

Happy Newyear!

Unplugging and replugging my IPhone and the connection with the mobile is back in 5 seconds. When all of my background apps are closed (especially the facebook app) I have no problems at all.
2018-1-1
Use props
djiuser_w5Eb30P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52556 ft
Slovenia

my app also crashes on new year at 00.15 and i lost it. And he didnt come back.
2018-1-1
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Go 4 CrApp....
2018-1-1
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My app also crashes in every flight at least one time!Android 8.0
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

May I know what mobile device are you using? For the crash problem, please try to reinstall the latest app and test again, backup files and data like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation. And for iOS devices, please also update the app to the latest operating system. For Android device, please leave me with the name and module of your mobile device, or try another mobile device which is on the support list to ensure the compatibility. Please keep us updated if the crash persists, thanks. devide support list.png
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_w5Eb30P Posted at 2018-1-1 01:38
my app also crashes on new year at 00.15 and i lost it. And he didnt come back.

I am sorry, do you mean that the drone had flown away? I am really sorry to hear that. Please try to find the drone by using the Find My Drone function on the app, at the same time, please also contact our support to start a ticket. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-1-1 04:54
My app also crashes in every flight at least one time!Android 8.0

Jannistmb, please try the steps I provided on 7#, if it doesn't help, please provide me with the info needed. Thank you so much.
2018-1-2
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-2 03:25
Jannistmb, please try the steps I provided on 7#, if it doesn't help, please provide me with the info needed. Thank you so much.

I am using Oneplus 3T i will try the next days to reinstall the app but i am pretty sure this is a problem of the app as other users they noticed.at least i am glad every time i connect it again with the app and i dont have problems during the flight!
2018-1-2
Use props
LiamA
New

United Kingdom

Hi All

I got my DJI Mavic Pro for Christmas and have had nothing but issues with the App crashing and causing my drone to lose connectivity to the controller - So far I have been fortunate and the Mavic pro returned to home each time, even though it did shoot up in the air a wonder around a bit before returning :/

I have tried 2 Android phones, a Samsung S6 and a Samsung S7 Edge, both running Android version 7.0 with the latest DJI Go 4 app. I have also ensured that the drone itself is using the latest firmware.  Let me know if there is anything else you need but I am a noob to this so may need some guiding

Cheers
2018-1-2
Use props
fanse1b7da36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7608 ft
United States

LiamA Posted at 2018-1-2 07:40
Hi All

I got my DJI Mavic Pro for Christmas and have had nothing but issues with the App crashing and causing my drone to lose connectivity to the controller - So far I have been fortunate and the Mavic pro returned to home each time, even though it did shoot up in the air a wonder around a bit before returning :/

Return to Home RTH will cause your Mavic to go up to the preset height before returning. You set this height.
2018-1-2
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Ukraine

Hi All

do not use latest dji go - it is broken
also avoid version .18
use version 4.1.14 or .15
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/
10x - phone, 20x - tablet
2018-1-2
Use props
LiamA
New

United Kingdom

fanse1b7da36 Posted at 2018-1-2 07:48
Return to Home RTH will cause your Mavic to go up to the preset height before returning. You set this height.

Ah, right thanks for that info and I will remember that in future ;)
2018-1-2
Use props
LiamA
New

United Kingdom

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2018-1-2 08:17
also avoid version .18

Cheers, I will install and try the previous version now and test over the weekend

Looking around this seems to be a common issue with Android device, more so that IOS, is that correct?
2018-1-2
Use props
smeier_ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2018-1-2 08:17
also avoid version .18

Correct. And DJI seems not to be willing or able to change this.  Google Playstore is full with reports too...  
2018-1-2
Use props
djiuser_w5Eb30P
lvl.1
Slovenia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-2 03:23
I am sorry, do you mean that the drone had flown away? I am really sorry to hear that. Please try to find the drone by using the Find My Drone function on the app, at the same time, please also contact our support to start a ticket. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.

I fund it wiht dji go 4 app, the drone has landed in the water by it self because the batter was on 19 %, in meantime I was trying to reload app 2 times, and than it was to late.
2018-1-2
Use props
fanse9cf161f
lvl.3
South Africa

Hi guys.
My Mavic had the same issues. Yesterday while hiking, my drone lost connectivity and flew away into a mountain range (perhaps 100m x 100m dense bushes). I am still searching for it. The Find my Drone function didnt help. I had issues with the DJI website, but now using the app to email Europe offices and also post here on the forum.
I am using Samsung S7 with the latest version on DJI GO 4.
Any help or feedback would be appreciated. Europe office responded with email and ticket number.
Cheers. Long time reader. First time poster.
E. McKay
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-1-2 06:36
I am using Oneplus 3T i will try the next days to reinstall the app but i am pretty sure this is a problem of the app as other users they noticed.at least i am glad every time i connect it again with the app and i dont have problems during the flight!

That's good. Since it is not the suggested device by DJI, it might not run the DJI GO 4 properly, or if it is the app's issue, our engineers will find it out and get it resolved.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi All

Hi there, please try to reinstall the app by scanning the QR code on the official website. If the app keeps crashing, could you please provide me with the info below? I would like to forward to our engineers to check.
1. Operations before and when the Android device crashes
2. Aircraft model
3. Android version number
4. DJI GO app’s version number (shown under Settings of Me in the app)
5. Crash log, (connect the device to the computer to export it: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4 /LOG/CRASH)
6. Your DJI account
Thank you so much.
2018-1-3
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Start your engineers maybe looking at secneo, or what ever else they are doing to cripple your product.....
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_w5Eb30P Posted at 2018-1-2 23:59
[view_image]

I fund it wiht dji go 4 app, the drone has landed in the water by it self because the batter was on 19 %, in meantime I was trying to reload app 2 times, and than it was to late.

That must be really sad. Please contact our support to see if there is anything we can help you.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fanse9cf161f Posted at 2018-1-3 00:35
Hi guys.
My Mavic had the same issues. Yesterday while hiking, my drone lost connectivity and flew away into a mountain range (perhaps 100m x 100m dense bushes). I am still searching for it. The Find my Drone function didnt help. I had issues with the DJI website, but now using the app to email Europe offices and also post here on the forum.
I am using Samsung S7 with the latest version on DJI GO 4.

I am terribly sorry for your loss. Please kindly wait for the response from our support. If there is a need, you can also provide me with your ticket number, I will help to check the details and keep an eye on it.
2018-1-3
Use props
djiuser_w5Eb30P
lvl.1
Slovenia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-3 02:38
That must be really sad. Please contact our support to see if there is anything we can help you.

I will, but I think they can not do anything because i didnt have dji care refresh activated.
2018-1-3
Use props
fanse9cf161f
lvl.3
South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-3 03:14
I am terribly sorry for your loss. Please kindly wait for the response from our support. If there is a need, you can also provide me with your ticket number, I will help to check the details and keep an eye on it.

Hi Thor,
Ticket #916722.
I have received a response. I also went out today to search for the drone again (to no avail). I will respond with footage and other relevant info to the support email by tonight.
This was bot pilot error, but drone or software issue. Will send logs too.
Thank you. -EM
2018-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_w5Eb30P Posted at 2018-1-2 23:59
[view_image]

I wonder if the border line had any bearing on its landing ?
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_w5Eb30P Posted at 2018-1-3 03:34
I will, but I think they can not do anything because i didnt have dji care refresh activated.

Actually, DJI Care Refresh can't provide service when the drone cannot be retreived. You can contact our support first. Sorry again for your loss.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fanse9cf161f Posted at 2018-1-3 07:48
Hi Thor,
Ticket #916722.
I have received a response. I also went out today to search for the drone again (to no avail). I will respond with footage and other relevant info to the support email by tonight.

Thank for the response. The proper team is now following your case, please keep it updated on the email. Thanks.
2018-1-4
Use props
apeyton
New

Australia

I flew my drone twice today and both times the Android application crashed.   

The first app crash was at the end of a 20 minute flight where I was mainly taking photos.   I was about to land the drone when the app crashed.   
The second time I was taking video and had the drone about 500m away over a dam when the app crashed, again about 20 minutes into the flight.    Fortunately the Return to Home worked ok and it came back ok.

Drone: Mavic Pro
I am using a Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge, Android 7
DJI Go 4 v4.1.18(432-official)

I'll try reloading the app to see if this works.   I'll be nervous about taking the drone over water now.
Strangely there is no flight record in the app for either flight.

2018-1-4
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Ukraine

apeyton Posted at 2018-1-4 03:50
I flew my drone twice today and both times the Android application crashed.   

The first app crash was at the end of a 20 minute flight where I was mainly taking photos.   I was about to land the drone when the app crashed.   

use dji go version 4.1.14 or .15
when flying over water, disable downward sensors
2018-1-4
Use props
apeyton
New

Australia

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2018-1-4 04:01
use dji go version 4.1.14 or .15
when flying over water, disable downward sensors

Where can I get the .14 or the .15 version?   The DJI site only offers the .22 version for download.
2018-1-4
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Ukraine

apeyton Posted at 2018-1-4 05:57
Where can I get the .14 or the .15 version?   The DJI site only offers the .22 version for download.

Dont be too lazy and look up in this very thread
2018-1-4
Use props
martijn1975
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5112 ft
Netherlands

apeyton Posted at 2018-1-4 05:57
Where can I get the .14 or the .15 version?   The DJI site only offers the .22 version for download.

You can get it at an APK mirror site:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/

Cheers,
Martijn.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_sNzm97T
New
United States

On my second flight with my Mavic, the app crashed on my Galaxy S8, causing RTH to engage.  It was damn near catastrophic, and caused me to lose a bit of faith in her.  Still, I'm an old school RC heli guy, and early drone guy from the days before intelligent flight became common place, and figured that it was pilot error.

For me, it actually turned out to be the supplied cable to connect my phone to the controller.  I swapped it out for an OEM charger cord, and I haven't had a single glitch since (over 200 flights), regardless of DJI Go app revision number.  Granted, I also kill all apps and place the phone in airplane mode before I even connect it to the controller.  
2018-1-4
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It does that to me from time to time and I just calmly reopen the app and keep on flying.  That is why it is very important to have your home point connected before flying too far.
2020-3-14
Use props
NatureDigital
Second Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

Maybe just a glitch
2020-4-30
Use props
SHERLOCKHOLMES
lvl.4

India