Nvidia Shield
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Someone sat on and destroyed my trusty Nexus 7 11 last night during our New Year dinner party so I need a replacement I know perhaps the simplest route would be to bite the bullet and go the Apple route with an i pad mini4 but we allready have a host of Apple products and the only one that would be compatable would be my i phone 5S but it's a bit small and I prefer the size of a tablet.
It seems that DJI are no longer reccomending specific devices but just specifying the operating systems and level. My question is as there seems to be a number of people using the Nvidia Shield is this reletively bullet proof and does it or will it work with a P4 with the latest update?

2018-1-1
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

PeteHB :

If you can find one, go for it. I, and several others on this site use the nVidia Shield K1 for our respective P4s, without issue.

There was an issue with the Android Nougat OS update, with some users rooting their way back to 6.*. However, some users reported that a subsequent Nougat update had resolved those issues.

Myself: I never updated the K1 to Nougat, so I never incurred any issues. Also, I use Litchi exclusively on the K1, as opposed to others that may use the DJI Go 4 app. I find Litchi the stronger program.

The problem may be finding the K1(not the prior versions), since it is not being produced anymore. The K1 tablet was designed with serious gaming in mind, so the beefed up performance and memory of the K1 works well with the demands of the P4.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2018-1-1
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Thanks you have answered two questions particularly the Litchi vs Go 4 app
2018-1-1
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-1-1 10:16
You can pick up a replacement Nexus 7 2013 for around $100-150.  Shield prices are ridiculously high.  Consider one of the Asus tablets.  ZenPad S8 (Z580C), ZenPad 10 (Z301M), or ZenPad 3S 10 (Z500M).  The last one is super sweet for ~$269

Yes I have been pleased with the Nexus but perhaps it was getting a bit long in the tooth, never know what DJI have up their sleeves So I was thinking of taking the opportunity of a bit of future proofing. But what is the question, Apple is probably the best bet but I really don't want to add to the mountain of Apple products that we have and a dedicated tablet has to be the way to go but economically  hopefully.
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules