Lost control over my Mavic
2909 17 2018-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ame44
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi,

Yesterday I lost control over my Mavic and it crashed into the woods.

Just some seconds after take-off, it started to drift and it did not respond to my control at all.
There was some error message regarding calibration of compass, but before take off everything was ok.

I just reecently updated to the latest firmware.

- A

2018-1-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Always calibrate when app says to do so. Did you wait to get gps lock before takeoff. Post flight data here maybe one of the members can tell what happened.
2018-1-1
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If you'd like someone to investigate why this happened then provide a link to the DAT file from the aircraft if you were able to find it or the TXT file from your mobile device if you didn't find it. The instructions for accessing DAT files are here, and once you've retrieved it you'll need to upload it to DropBox to get a link for others to access it. On the other hand, if you didn't find the aircraft then upload the TXT file to PhantomHelp using these instructions, which will return a link to the uploaded log.
2018-1-1
Use props
ame44
lvl.1
Sweden

Woe Posted at 2018-1-1 04:41
Always calibrate when app says to do so. Did you wait to get gps lock before takeoff. Post flight data here maybe one of the members can tell what happened.

I always do, but this time the app said nothing about calibration. The GPS was locked and everything was green.
I will try to upload the flight data
2018-1-1
Use props
ame44
lvl.1
Sweden

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-1 05:42
If you'd like someone to investigate why this happened then provide a link to the DAT file from the aircraft if you were able to find it or the TXT file from your mobile device if you didn't find it. The instructions for accessing DAT files are here, and once you've retrieved it you'll need to upload it to DropBox to get a link for others to access it. On the other hand, if you didn't find the aircraft then upload the TXT file to PhantomHelp using these instructions, which will return a link to the uploaded log.

Ok. I will try to get the DAT file. (never done it before).
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash, did the drone hurt by the crash? If there is a damage, please don't continue flying, contact our support to start a ticket and send your drone in, we will help to make data analysis for this crash if the drone is under warranty, if it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-1-2
Use props
djiuser_QTb2EsH
New
Flight distance : 7825 ft
United States

My mavic did exact same thing yesterday for new years day ,mines crashed into a tree 40' hiegh i had to go this morning to get it down???
2018-1-2
Use props
Jason WAI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

sounds like failed to calibrate the compass at the new flying location.
2018-1-2
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Usually if I get the error message I move somewhere else  as the area may be affect the mavic's compass.
2018-1-2
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

djiuser_QTb2EsH Posted at 2018-1-2 15:34
My mavic did exact same thing yesterday for new years day ,mines crashed into a tree 40' hiegh i had to go this morning to get it down???

If you'd like someone outside of DJI to try to figure out what happened then please provide a link to the DAT file from the flight. The instructions for retrieving it are here, and once you've accessed it you'll need to upload it to DropBox and provide a link to it here or send me a Private Message and I'll take a look.
2018-1-2
Use props
ame44
lvl.1
Sweden

Jason WAI Posted at 2018-1-2 16:19
sounds like failed to calibrate the compass at the new flying location.

I did not know it was required to calibrate the compass, unless the applications tells me to do so?
2018-1-3
Use props
ame44
lvl.1
Sweden

cristianc Posted at 2018-1-2 16:19
Usually if I get the error message I move somewhere else  as the area may be affect the mavic's compass.

Everything was green at take-off. No error message until about 1 meter above take-off position.
2018-1-3
Use props
ame44
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-2 03:03
Sorry to hear about the crash, did the drone hurt by the crash? If there is a damage, please don't continue flying, contact our support to start a ticket and send your drone in, we will help to make data analysis for this crash if the drone is under warranty, if it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. http://www.dji.com/support

Yes, it was not fun at all :-(.

I don't know if it was hurt. 2 of the props was totally destroyed so I have not been able to try it after the crash. However, I turned it on and it at least connects to the controller and at a first glance the camera seems ok (at least on the smartphone screen).
Where on the support pages should I report this?
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ame44 Posted at 2018-1-3 13:30
Yes, it was not fun at all :-(.

I don't know if it was hurt. 2 of the props was totally destroyed so I have not been able to try it after the crash. However, I turned it on and it at least connects to the controller and at a first glance the camera seems ok (at least on the smartphone screen).

I can feel your pain. If the propellers was badly broken, I suggest reporting to our support since some damages might not be visible. Thank you.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Remember to calibrate the compass properly after a firmware update.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
lvl.2
Argentina

keep erring with the new firm. do not learn more, stop in, 700, no more updates, no more problems, no more records, no more go4 with users
2018-1-7
Use props
fans9444e3c9
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi, whe flying at a close range, meters away from me, the drine just went stationary. The contrals were not working. Thankfully was not too far to grav from the bottom and take out the battery. Any suggestions please.
2022-1-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

you do not even say which drone it was so how could anyone make any suggestion that were not guesses. If a drone with obstacle avoidance (OA) was the OA switched on? if so it may have been detecting obstacles.
2022-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules