Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should my phone connect at 2.4ghz?
842 9 2018-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PangMang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40279 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I know this is a phone issue not a remote issue, but here is my problem.

I was trying to custom set the wifi on a 2.4ghz channel, just for an experimant, however my Vivo v5 phone will then not detect any broadcast from the remote on any of the lower frequencies, wifes Note 8 does fine, the Vivo is an Asian purchase (I'm in UK) but the specs for the wifi look ok, capable of 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n, just wondered if the remote is transmitting on a different standard ???

2018-1-1
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

You got it, most of Android phones here in Europe does not support the 5,8GHz band. Therefore if you change the link between the Spark and the Remote to 2,4GHz, you will not see the RC from your phone. There was a workaround to this, an OTG cable that connected the phone to RC directly, but it does not work with the latest versions of DJI Go 4 (you have to downgrade to DJI GO 4 4.1.15 to use it).
2018-1-1
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Read here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-120954-1-1.html and here https://forum.dji.com/thread-121396-1-1.html
2018-1-1
Use props
lumidair
lvl.4
Slovakia

Dostal si uz nejaku odpoved na tento problem?
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please follow the advice above. I would recommend you use another phone which supports 5.8 G. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-1-1
Use props
JimmyBob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4970 ft
United States

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-1 12:29
You got it, most of Android phones here in Europe does not support the 5,8GHz band. Therefore if you change the link between the Spark and the Remote to 2,4GHz, you will not see the RC from your phone. There was a workaround to this, an OTG cable that connected the phone to RC directly, but it does not work with the latest versions of DJI Go 4 (you have to downgrade to DJI GO 4 4.1.15 to use it).

Incorrect, most phones in Europe DO support the 5 Ghz band.
2018-1-1
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

lumidair Posted at 2018-1-1 13:46
Dostal si uz nejaku odpoved na tento problem?

Z Dji se k tomu nvyjadril nikdo.. Tenhle tyden budu psat do Pelikana jestli oni aspon dostali nejake info jako importer do CZ.. Ja už bych to hlasil na COI ale problem je ze prvni kdo to odsere bude Pelikan a pak az Dji a u pelikana mam par kamaradu a bezne tam nakupuju tak to beru az jako uplne posledni moznost, nechci jim delat zlo kdyz za to nemuzou... Na druhou stranu stejne jina moznost nebude..
2018-1-2
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

JimmyBob Posted at 2018-1-1 21:44
Incorrect, most phones in Europe DO support the 5 Ghz band.

I find it somewhat interresting that somebody from the US thinks he knows better than Europeans what phones here do and do not support. I strongly suggest that you read a few threads written here in the last month or so.

Most of the phones in the Europe definitelly DO NOT support 5,8 GHz band. What some of them do support is 5,5 GHz band, and altough it also starts with 5, you cannot use it to connect to the RC .

The use of 5,8 GHz band in Europe is somewhat problematic. Accoridng to Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels it is allowed only for Short Range Devices and under 25mW of power and accordig to Arcicorsa drones doesn't fall into that category at all. Also an interresting note, in some countries like Israel, 5,8GHz band is completely forbidden as it is used by the army.
2018-1-2
Use props
JimmyBob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4970 ft
United States

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-2 03:40
I find it somewhat interresting that somebody from the US thinks he knows better than Europeans what phones here do and do not support. I strongly suggest that you read a few threads written here in the last month or so.

Most of the phones in the Europe definitelly DO NOT support 5,8 GHz band. What some of them do support is 5,5 GHz band, and altough it also starts with 5, you cannot use it to connect to the RC .

I find it interesting, somewhat sad, that people don't think people travel the the world and own phones from different countries and have experience with many products.

Phones in the UK/EU support 5.0 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz.
2018-1-2
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

JimmyBob Posted at 2018-1-2 23:47
I find it interesting, somewhat sad, that people don't think people travel the the world and own phones from different countries and have experience with many products.

Phones in the UK/EU support 5.0 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz.

Great, congratulations on mastering the number 5. Now try to focus really hard on the other numbers that come after the dot (or comma). 5.5 is NOT equal 5.8, probably a great surprise for you .
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules