1406 4 2018-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Noted something strange today.
I was flying in the house and was in p with vision. I entered a dark room and lost the vision, so far makes sense, slow flashing yellow rear led’s.
What happened next is I received a compass error warning and little Charlie was a handful.
I called for my wife to turn the light on in the dining room and everything cleared up to include the compass error.
So is it possible when someone is flying and the vision system gets lost, flying in fog/mist, that this can cause a compass error and the drone to enter atti?
I had full control but it was super sensitive to inputs so I can see this as a not so good situation for a beginner if the drone is up and away. I can also see it getting away from them and viewed as a flyaway.
When flying outdoors with a gps lock and loosing vision positioning causing the compass error it might then drop gps and be in full atti. If your’re not ready for it, best of luck.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cabin, do your spark work normally now? Please ensure that the room has no inference on compass. We would recommend users fly in recommended environment. When you fly in a new place, you can calibrate the compass before flight. Thanks for your support.
flight environment.PNG
2018-1-1
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi CabinPete
I suspect may have other reason or bug caused such compass error.  Please check out below video from my latest experience, I was flying Mavic in the same spot for few days without any problem.  The same time my friend also fly his Spark with me in the same spot and he has no such compass error.  Then my last day I decided to fly my Spark and it warned me two times for compass calibration need due to metal structures or electromagnetism.  I did calibrate twice both fail then I placed it on another point then it sudden turn normal and green to fly!  So I take off and end up as below video....

2018-1-1
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-1 19:20
Cabin, do your spark work normally now? Please ensure that the room has no inference on compass. We would recommend users fly in recommended environment. When you fly in a new place, you can calibrate the compass before flight. Thanks for your support.

Yes Elektra it’s working fine.
I have been flying in the same place since I owned the Spark.
Temps have been in the single digits so I’m following DJI’s advice and not flying outdoors when the temp is below freezing.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

CabinPete Posted at 2018-1-2 02:39
Yes Elektra it’s working fine.
I have been flying in the same place since I owned the Spark.
Temps have been in the single digits so I’m following DJI’s advice and not flying outdoors when the temp is below freezing.

Glad you locate the problem. Hope you have more nice flight with spark.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules