128604 246 2018-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why is everyone complaining about DJI? CE in Europe is a compliance to telecommunications regulations.

If DJI did not provide CE based drones on the EU then you would have no DJI drones.

While you are converting to FCC transmission power you are breaking EU law.

So you need to take it up with your communications regulators and your EU law makers.

Has nothing to do with DJI. Other than them obeying the laws and providing a product under EU rules.
2018-8-28
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-28 07:43
Why is everyone complaining about DJI? CE in Europe is a compliance to telecommunications regulations.

If DJI did not provide CE based drones on the EU then you would have no DJI drones.

Actually, there could be Occusync versions of Spark or Mavic AIR for Europe.
See, Mavics 1/2 and Phantoms 3/4 Advanced and PRO are still within EU regulations but have far better range and reliable link even under CE rules. So Spark and MA idea of (Enhanced) WiFi should work for FCC countries, but is disastrous idea for CE ones.
So, there would be DJI drones in Europe even if get rid of that (Enhanced) 0.025W WiFi nonsense.

2018-8-28
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Nobody is complaining about DJI about CE/FCC. To DJI its a totally clear and understandable decision to do it the way they did.

However, we CE country people all know, that you can't really make good use of a video drone (whatever make it is) if you stick strictly to the CE transmission power rules.
You aren't even allowed to use antenna reflectors then (EIRP issue)!
So the way to go is sensibly assess where it is not risky to anybody to fly. I personally would never fly a drone near or even over inhabitated areas or people. That's risky since a drone can crash any time and you could hurt persons then.
Also, with more distance to inhabitated areas, the risk of disturbing someone else's RF network is negligable, since field strength reduces with the square of the distance.
Using a higher power transmission on a drone in fact gives you a higher safety margin. And that's a good thing, right?

That's of course my personal opinion.

Cheers,
Wolferl

<popcorn on>
2018-8-28
Use props
Marco Filancia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590495 ft
France

Arcicorsa Posted at 2018-1-12 07:14
You have PM :-)

Hello everyone. I am French, excuse me for my bad English. I really need help. I just bought the mavic 2 zoom and the distance is really bad. 900 meters only. Help me, how to switch to Fcc mode. I tried with my fake GPS but it does not work. I sold my Anafi to buy the mavic 2 and with my Anafi and the fake GPS mode Fcc worked very well. Please help, it will make me sad to send the Drone back to the store.
2018-9-14
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Marco Filancia Posted at 2018-9-14 13:54
Hello everyone. I am French, excuse me for my bad English. I really need help. I just bought the mavic 2 zoom and the distance is really bad. 900 meters only. Help me, how to switch to Fcc mode. I tried with my fake GPS but it does not work. I sold my Anafi to buy the mavic 2 and with my Anafi and the fake GPS mode Fcc worked very well. Please help, it will make me sad to send the Drone back to the store.

Unfortunately FCC hackled DJI GO app. only version 4.1.22, but it does not support MAVIC 2 yet. Maybe later ...
2018-9-14
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Try " Floater "   I use this to get into FCC mode while in a CE environment..
2018-9-14
Use props
MarcoFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62326 ft
Italy

floater does not work as mavic2  .....
2018-9-14
Use props
Marco Filancia
lvl.2

Is there anything new for Fcc mode?
2018-9-18
Use props
stealther
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406486 ft
Australia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-8-28 08:02
Actually, there could be Occusync versions of Spark or Mavic AIR for Europe.
See, Mavics 1/2 and Phantoms 3/4 Advanced and PRO are still within EU regulations but have far better range and reliable link even under CE rules. So Spark and MA idea of (Enhanced) WiFi should work for FCC countries, but is disastrous idea for CE ones.
So, there would be DJI drones in Europe even if get rid of that (Enhanced) 0.025W WiFi nonsense.

I suspect the better range of the Mavic is mostly due to the much more efficient antenna in the aircraft.
In the Spark the antenna is within the body, the Mavic uses the front legs.
2018-9-18
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Marco Filancia Posted at 2018-9-18 12:11
Is there anything new for Fcc mode?

Yes there is a boost FCC which allow the RC and Mavic transmit with 1.5Watt instead of 0.4Watt(FCC)
Only for MP and MPP. You can install it next to orginal DJIgo4 app and use it when you need more power to beat the environment. But android only.
2018-9-18
Use props
Marco Filancia
lvl.2
France

@JosA: I'm on Android but I own the MP2 and the FCC does not work with the 2 for the moemnt
2018-9-19
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

that's true you have to wait
2018-9-19
Use props
Marco Filancia
lvl.2
France

@JosA:This is my first DJI drone, before that I wanted another brand. I must admit that DJI are the best. You who know better than me, you think with a little time that there will be a solution for Fcc mode. because some say that with the new OcuSync 2.0 system it's impossible. It worries me
2018-9-19
Use props
potrek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4886886 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hello Friend, when I found APP dji go4 with FCC mode ?
Thank You
2018-9-27
Use props
fanse5394b5d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

potrek Posted at 2018-9-27 02:03
Hello Friend, when I found APP dji go4 with FCC mode ?
Thank You

Have a look at response #20 of this thread
2018-9-30
Use props
fans1a444724
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3282805 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Marco Filancia Posted at 2018-9-19 10:41
@JosA:This is my first DJI drone, before that I wanted another brand. I must admit that DJI are the best. You who know better than me, you think with a little time that there will be a solution for Fcc mode. because some say that with the new OcuSync 2.0 system it's impossible. It worries me

This works on OcuSync v1.0/v2.0
2019-1-29
Use props
fans1a444724
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3282805 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Marco Filancia Posted at 2018-9-19 10:41

This works on OcuSync v1.0/v2.0
2019-1-29
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

Cool , thanks for sharing
2019-1-29
Use props
Grillilainen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 360046 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Anyone knows how to achive fcc with DJI Smart controller and MP 2 Zoom?
2019-2-4
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

A CW Posted at 2018-1-2 02:32
I personally would never hack anything on my drones.

do you really fly with CE on your Mavic 2 Pro?
2019-2-4
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Grillilainen Posted at 2-4 08:02
Anyone knows how to achive fcc with DJI Smart controller and MP 2 Zoom?

Do the same step as for Spark:
1. Install Fake GPS on your android smartphone;
2. Run substitution of GPS;
3. Turn on Spark and connect it to your smartphone.
4. Open DJI Go4 and accept to switch WiFi settings.
5. Turn off Spark, close DJI Go4, stop Fake GPS.
6. Repeat step 3 and refuse to change wi-fi settings (do so EVERYTIME you start your drone).
2019-2-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-4 10:24
do you really fly with CE on your Mavic 2 Pro?

CE range on Mavic 2 is about 5km thanks to the Ocusync 2.0.... so, I can believe that.
2019-2-4
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 11:39
CE range on Mavic 2 is about 5km thanks to the Ocusync 2.0.... so, I can believe that.

Interesting. I didn't know that.
2019-2-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-4 10:24
do you really fly with CE on your Mavic 2 Pro?

Of course - I have no need to fly five miles away in FCC - 3.1 miles in CE is more than enough.
2019-2-4
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

A CW Posted at 2-4 15:10
Of course - I have no need to fly five miles away in FCC - 3.1 miles in CE is more than enough.

I totally agree with you my friend…. the idea of flying 5 miles away.. think one have to SAR the drone .. No thanks.. Don't get the idea why one wanna fly so far away.. same With altitude junkies.. Yeah ofc its fun to try out once.. but hey .. No we keep it closer at homepoint..
2019-2-4
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

A CW Posted at 2-4 15:10
On Spark this CE mode is really weak and wierd, and you can lose transmission even in 50-70 metres (150-200ft). So we all switch to FFC not only because of range but stubility. If with Mavic Pro it works another way - good to hear that, it give us hope, that with next model they fix it with low-price drone too.
P.S. My friend with Mavic Air had the same problem with transmission stability as we on Spark.
2019-2-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wimherman Posted at 2-4 17:35
I totally agree with you my friend…. the idea of flying 5 miles away.. think one have to SAR the drone .. No thanks.. Don't get the idea why one wanna fly so far away.. same With altitude junkies.. Yeah ofc its fun to try out once.. but hey .. No we keep it closer at homepoint..

Same here - it is actually illegal in the UK to fly a drone more than 500m away from your position and with all of the focus on drones here at the moment you would have to be a complete idiot to fly a drone that far away. We've all 'tested it' and use our common sense but even 3 miles is just a court case waiting to happen.  
2019-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-4 22:51
On Spark this CE mode is really weak and wierd, and you can lose transmission even in 50-70 metres (150-200ft). So we all switch to FFC not only because of range but stubility. If with Mavic Pro it works another way - good to hear that, it give us hope, that with next model they fix it with low-price drone too.
P.S. My friend with Mavic Air had the same problem with transmission stability as we on Spark.

I've hit 2KM with my Mavic Air and didn't lose signal in CE mode - the environmental conditions play a huge role. If you are in/near a built up area the WiFi only transmission systems on the Spark and Air will glitch very quickly. I use to manual set the channel to 13 before take off too.
2019-2-5
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi folks,

One inportant point is that the Mavics have their antennas in the leading feet (which is good), whereas the Spark has its in the body case (thats bad). May be we should try a mod to have the Sparks antenna positioned better.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-5
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-4 10:37
Do the same step as for Spark:
1. Install Fake GPS on your android smartphone;
2. Run substitution of GPS;

Does this work with the smart controller
2019-2-28
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

AnzacJack Posted at 2-28 20:33
Does this work with the smart controller

Unfortunately, I didn't hold smart controller in hands, so don't know whether it permit to install third-party android program. Without some kind of 'Fake GPS' you can't do this procedure and get wanted result.
2019-2-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-4 22:51
On Spark this CE mode is really weak and wierd, and you can lose transmission even in 50-70 metres (150-200ft). So we all switch to FFC not only because of range but stubility. If with Mavic Pro it works another way - good to hear that, it give us hope, that with next model they fix it with low-price drone too.
P.S. My friend with Mavic Air had the same problem with transmission stability as we on Spark.

That is b/c Mavic Air is the Spark2,  just a wifi drone.
"Enhanced" wifi is just not Occusync.
2019-2-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Wolferl Posted at 2-5 03:51
Hi folks,

One inportant point is that the Mavics have their antennas in the leading feet (which is good), whereas the Spark has its in the body case (thats bad). May be we should try a mod to have the Sparks antenna positioned better.

Yep,sticking them, and 4 of it, under every motor.
In Landing gear ;-)
2019-2-28
Use props
sqdc
New

Canada

the new feature to enter the device/camera view without already being connected a lot. in montreal OTG works perfectly fine in the modded 4.1.22
2019-3-2
Use props
sqdc
New

Canada

Not working...

https://youtu.be/ukntSNAudV4
2019-3-2
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

Soon FCC can be the default setting on your Spark, Air,MP, MP2 and zoom with NLD2
2019-3-4
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

MavSpa_user Posted at 3-4 01:46
Soon FCC can be the default setting on your Spark, Air,MP, MP2 and zoom with NLD2

Interesting! Thanks for the tip!
2019-3-4
Use props
Flying Visions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5655761 ft
Portugal

P4 Pro is it possible? Please PM me
2019-3-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-2 04:12
Ugh...when ever I read the word "hack" i freaking cringe, because nothing good ever comes after it

Not entirely.. sometimes hacking can be life saving.
2019-3-25
Use props
BrianSC
Second Officer
Spain

I don’t really consider it hacking the Spark. Outside Europe peoplr are flying the Spark in FCC, so it’s native to the Soatk.
You just have to open the DJI GO 4 Mod app in Android  once to put it in FCC, and then back to using the oficial DJI GO 4. I fly in FCC in iOS, and it makes a HUGE difference in RC connection and video transmition. It was litterally impoosible for me to control the video recording smoothly because of tremendous lagging in CE, I don’t have that problem sny more.
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules