Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travis.angrychi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 682 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi everyone,

I am currently experiencing issues with my osmo pro x5 and getting the focus handwheel 2 to work.

The handwheel does not light up when connected, I am at a complete loss as to why the handwheel will not even light up?

This is the second handwheel I have had as the first was also not starting, I have also replaced the cable twice.

If anyone has any ideas or has experienced a similar issue and found a resolution, any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Travis
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Travis, I'm sorry to know you are having the problem with Focus Handwheel 2, just to verify, did you toggle the Power Switch in the Focus? power button.png
2018-1-2
Use props
travis.angrychi
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-2 00:55
Hi Travis, I'm sorry to know you are having the problem with Focus Handwheel 2, just to verify, did you toggle the Power Switch in the Focus?[view_image]

Hi Dji Mindy,

Thank you for your reply, yes I have toggled the on-off switch. This is the second new unit I have had and both times I have not seen either unit light up?

Travis
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

travis.angrychi Posted at 2018-1-2 17:00
Hi Dji Mindy,

Thank you for your reply, yes I have toggled the on-off switch. This is the second new unit I have had and both times I have not seen either unit light up?

Hi Travis, did you run the latest firmware of Osmo Pro? I recommend to flash the firmware again to see if it helps. Please refer to the tutorial video of Osmo below:

Besides, you purchase the correct the communication cable right?
And where did you replace the device? From dealer or repair center?
2018-1-3
Use props
djiuser_a4DtQpK
lvl.1
Philippines

I have same issue like this. Please help.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_a4DtQpK
lvl.1
Philippines

Same issue. The handwheel does not light up when connected.
20180104_195725.jpg
20180104_195638.jpg
20180104_195710.jpg
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_a4DtQpK Posted at 2018-1-4 16:11
Same issue. The handwheel does not light up when connected.

Sorry to know you have the same problem. Could you please refer to my post in 4# to flash the firmware to see if it works?
If not, we will need a short video to escalate the issue, appreciate your cooperation.
2018-1-5
Use props
fansaa335d96
New
United States

Just got an Osmo FocusWheel 2 and am experiencing this issue whereby I get no light or sign that the FocusWheel is turned on and it does not do anything with focus or aperture.

I've flashed the firmware to the latest version but it has made no difference.

Anyone else get theirs to work?
2018-3-21
Use props
MDidon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248406 ft
  • >>>
Seychelles

I had the same issue a while back found out that the cable originally bought was a fake double check if when connected to the osmo it's not connected upside down if yes then its a fake buy another
2018-8-22
Use props
djiuser_fwmocF8uiMpf
lvl.1
Belgium

Same issue here.  Brand new handwheel 2, with the correct cable sent by the resseler : no change to have it working.  All updates are done.  Any suggestion?
2018-8-23
Use props
Xorg
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi DJI,  It seems you really have an issue with the Handwheel 2, as it seems a lot of people are not able to make it work, despite having installed the latest firware and this all over the world.
It doesn't seem to be an isolated case to me or a patch update or a bad cable as most of the people ,who bought it seems to have exactly the same issue.

Without news from you in a week time, I will sent the handwheel back to the reseller and I will inform possible customers about this in the different forums and also on the different sites that proposes it in my neighbordhood.

Sorry for that, but I can not accept having bought a product 400€ that is not working without having a customer service taking care of those incidents and being able to propose a solution.
2018-8-23
Use props
Xorg
lvl.1
Belgium

Xorg Posted at 2018-8-23 12:20
Hi DJI,  It seems you really have an issue with the Handwheel 2, as it seems a lot of people are not able to make it work, despite having installed the latest firware and this all over the world.
It doesn't seem to be an isolated case to me or a patch update or a bad cable as most of the people ,who bought it seems to have exactly the same issue.

Hi,

Apparently the only solution is to ask for a replacement or repair and send the handwheel back to DJI via the reseller.
I hope this issue will be fixed shortly.
2018-8-24
Use props
fanse089d119
lvl.1
Switzerland

Same problem! Got the device today and does not work. Already have the latest firmware version. Either something happens or I want my money back.

- Please Help THANKS!
2018-9-7
Use props
travis.angrychickenmedia
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Hi All, I had so many issues with the focus wheel! I replaced it on three occasions and still had never seen it light up. I then began replacing the cable that connects to the focus wheel, on the second "new" cable it finally worked! I had to visit a registered dji retailer, i made sure to take the entire osmo and focus wheel in as no one could assist via phone or online. When the retailer used a new cable they had in stock everything worked. I was told that there have been countless issues with the focus wheel and particularly with the cable! The retailer said there have been issues with the cable since it came out, i can only suggest you find a registered dji dealer and have them use their cable instore with your focus wheel and see if that works like mine did. Good luck! I know the frustration!
2018-9-7
Use props
stormrider74
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello everyone.
Have just recieved my DJI Handwheel 2 and the Part 34 communication cable and as others have experienced, it does not work. The handwheel2 does not light up or work.

Everything is up to date on the Osmo pro and yes the On/ Off switch is to on but still sign of life.

Can anyone please help me with a fix.

Thanks
2019-3-6
Use props
stormrider74
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well good news. I bought a cable part 34 from a company in New Zealand and it didn’t work. However it had been opened so I guess it was a returned cable!!!  I sent that back.
I have just bought a part34 cable from the dji store in Madrid, Spain yesterday  and it arrived today and it works.
They are called DJI ARS MADRID
Hope you have better luck.
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules