DJI GO crashing on iOS 11.2 in Low Power Mode
817 3 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Has anyone noticed if their Go app seems to run a bit slower than usual after upgrading to the latest iOS version?
Has anyone noticed their GO app Does not run at all when their iOS device (iPhone 6SPlus in particular) is manually set to
the low power mode?

Sources have reported their iOS devices seem to run slower since the iOS 11 update and rail about Apple intentionally
making older devices run slower to give incentive to owners to upgrade to a shiny iPhone 8 or omg $$$ iPhone X $$$.
This is actually half true but Apple is still going to try to keep your device running for making calls until the battery goes flat.
I think future upgrades to their iOS will further inhibit the running of power hungry apps like the DJI GO app when either
the battery charge is low or the battery chemistry has degraded to the point that the device could crash apps that consume a lot of battery life.
Maybe Apple will not do the above right now but I suspect Apple will in the future will impose even stricter power management criteria to look into your battery usage and throttle your device accordingly. Fortunately, Apple is knocking $50 off the battery replacement cost on out-of-warranty devices.

Loving to fly my P3S, I definately will take advantage of this $29 battery replacement deal once my iPhone 6S Plus goes out of warranty.

Just thought I'd get this off my chest.

2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, for the DJI GO app crash on the Low Battery Mode, if it is possible, would you mind providing me with the crash log? I will forward to our engineers to check, too.
The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.
And please also tell me the iOS version of your iPhone, thank you very much.
2018-1-7
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-7 23:25
Hi there, for the DJI GO app crash on the Low Battery Mode, if it is possible, would you mind providing me with the crash log? I will forward to our engineers to check, too.
The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.
And please also tell me the iOS version of your iPhone, thank you very much.

My above post is purely hypothetical. In light of so many reports of the DJI GO app recent tendency to crash and users pointing the blame on either the app or their display device's OS and overall compatibility, I offered an illustration on what could be the underlining cause; weak batteries and tighter power management in display device software and operating system upgrades. I've never had either version of the GO app crash on any of my devices. And having a fully charged  and healthy battery in my display devices could be the reason.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Betamace Posted at 2018-1-8 01:24
My above post is purely hypothetical. In light of so many reports of the DJI GO app recent tendency to crash and users pointing the blame on either the app or their display device's OS and overall compatibility, I offered an illustration on what could be the underlining cause; weak batteries and tighter power management in display device software and operating system upgrades. I've never had either version of the GO app crash on any of my devices. And having a fully charged  and healthy battery in my display devices could be the reason.

Okay, so I am over stressed out. Thank you for correction. And if you have any further issue about the app, please let me know, I would like to help.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules