wild tilt oscillation with load
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JP123
New
United States

Hello

I am mounting two cameras 1 meter apart on a Phantom 4 Pro for stereo vision tests. The cameras are on a pole mounted below the camera (using 3d printed parts) and weigh less than one pound. When the drone takes (using the auto takeoff app button) the drone rapidly climbs up to ~4 ft height and hovers there. After about 2-3 seconds off it begins to have a tilt oscillation along the axis in which the two cameras are mounted. After ~8 seconds the tilt oscillation gets real bad (over 45 degrees each way) and I bring it down quickly. When I take the cameras off it flies fine.

Is there a way to adjust the PID settings on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ? My guess is that would fix it.
Any suggestions or ideas?

thanks
John  

2018-1-2
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Is your mounts solid? sounds like a small vibration could build up resulting in more and more oscillation.
2018-1-2
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Hawing fun with shooting 3D pictures for Red - Blue/green glasses for more than 25 years i like the idea for your experiment
2018-1-2
Use props
JP123
New
United States

I shortened the fiber pole so the cameras are only 0.5 m apart and it started flying ok. The wind was about 10 mph. In any case I need to test it further. I am worried it could still go into the oscillation.
2018-1-3
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

JP123 Posted at 2018-1-3 19:08
I shortened the fiber pole so the cameras are only 0.5 m apart and it started flying ok. The wind was about 10 mph. In any case I need to test it further. I am worried it could still go into the oscillation.

What cameras are you using, do you have live feed from them?

Any picture of your assembly?

I believe that if mounted solid you shouldn't get any oscillation unless you're near weight limit for the craft to handle.
2018-1-4
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

How are your tests going, any interesting discoveries?

Still curious about the cameras you're using too.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules