Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Different S/N after "repair"
9742 68 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peejay1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123717 ft
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-1-10 05:21
Yup just go to your settings in the app ( upper right corner ) when open select the Remote Controller Icon, that is where the Gimbal calibration, Gimbal Roll is located.

Thanks, but now I'm even more p*ssed that the DJI Support team didn't talk me through this before suggesting I send it back for repair.

It does make me wonder how it was diagnosed with a gimbal control board fault if this is all it needed.
2018-1-10
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ok so thanks to Mindy, DJI Support have contacted me and I have discussing the issues with them. They are not willing to comment on the damage to the box aside from stating it may have happened in transit, even though that is absolutely impossible. But as for the horizon tilt problem they have stated that this is a "very big issue" and that the drone will need to be returned for replacement again, which to be honest I'm not overly bothered about since I'm not happy with the quality of the unit I have received anyway.

I just can't work out how the tilt issue could seemingly have been fixed with a quick software setting tweak, yet has been diagnosed twice as a "serious fault" that was also diagnosed at the repair centre as a control module fault.

Something doesn't quite add up but I will keep you all posted.
2018-1-11
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 01:00
Hi Paul, I'm sorry to read that the drone has other issues, it seems you haven't provide me the case number, please post here, I will feedback these issues to local repair team for attention, thank you.

Hi Mindy perhaps you could comment on the posts further down in this topic. It seems that the horizon tilt issue could simply have been fixed by adjusting a setting. I was not aware of this when I contacted DJI support and they made no attempt to suggest this as a possible fix. In the email chain with yourselves the horizon tilt issue has been described by your support people as a “very big problem” yet this seems to be something very easy to fix. It would appear that I did not need to send my drone back all along and could have avoided the hassle and subsequently being sent a much more heavily used drone. I’d really like MY unit back now that it appears that the problem is not hardware at all.

I’d like to know the following :

1. Why was I not asked to try this to rectify the problem?
2. How could my unit have been diagnosed with a gimbal control module issue when it seems to be a well documented software setting that needs to be adjusted?
3. Why does DJI support consider horizon tilt to be a “very big issue” when they have a setting in their software to correct such an issue?

I am extremely disappointed that I will probably never see my original pristine condition unit ever again.
2018-1-14
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I guess DJI aren't going to bother commenting on this....
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Peejay1977 Posted at 2018-1-14 14:12
Hi Mindy perhaps you could comment on the posts further down in this topic. It seems that the horizon tilt issue could simply have been fixed by adjusting a setting. I was not aware of this when I contacted DJI support and they made no attempt to suggest this as a possible fix. In the email chain with yourselves the horizon tilt issue has been described by your support people as a “very big problem” yet this seems to be something very easy to fix. It would appear that I did not need to send my drone back all along and could have avoided the hassle and subsequently being sent a much more heavily used drone. I’d really like MY unit back now that it appears that the problem is not hardware at all.

I’d like to know the following :

Peejay, I apologize for the late response.
It seems we complicated the issue, we thought you have already tried to adjust the Roll Axis but the issue persists.
I saw our supervisor has contacted you before and was promised to swap a brand-new aircraft for you. Do you still want the drone back since it just arrived in local facility?
2018-1-16
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 23:50
Peejay, I apologize for the late response.
It seems we complicated the issue, we thought you have already tried to adjust the Roll Axis but the issue persists.
I saw our supervisor has contacted you before and was promised to swap a brand-new aircraft for you. Do you still want the drone back since it just arrived in local facility?

Hi Mindy, no-one has mentioned a brand new drone to me so I'm a little confused? I want a drone that is working and is not worn out and used like the one I just returned.

Thanks
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Peejay1977 Posted at 2018-1-17 01:15
Hi Mindy, no-one has mentioned a brand new drone to me so I'm a little confused? I want a drone that is working and is not worn out and used like the one I just returned.

Thanks

Hi Peejay, that is what I saw from the case log, local team will take care of your drone, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-1-17
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-17 03:14
Hi Peejay, that is what I saw from the case log, local team will take care of your drone, please wait patiently, thank you.

Ok many thanks.
2018-1-17
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Many thanks to Mindy for chasing this up, I received a brand new Mavic yesterday. It's a shame that the fix for this was just a software settings but I can't fault DJI's input and enthusiasm to sort my issue out, especially after they realised they could have rectified the issue sooner and with much less effort.

Alot of companies would have tried to wriggle out of any responsibility by now.

I have noticed when watching alot of YouTube videos over the last few days just how common the horizon tilt issue is on alot of peoples videos, and it always seems to be tilted in the exact same direction, almost like by default the gimbal isn't levelling properly on its own.

Anyway, either way I now know how to rectify it and I'm a happy bunny again. Thanks DJI!
2018-1-26
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bucefalo Posted at 2018-1-3 16:18
same just happened to me... sent them my mavic pro cause.. (well i show you video link )
mine was made on december 2016 and they claimed to repair it (gimbal control board) but they sent me a refurbished unit which was made always in december 2016 and guess what?
i had the EXACT same problem.. look :

This issue occurs on first gen mavics made before i think q3 2017. This is known as pixel binning, its effect is the jaggies on angled lines and is moire where there is repeating pattern like brick walls etc. It happens at 1080p@50/60fps and above.

It has been resolved on the latest generation of mavic pro's made after i believe q3 2017 and now only occurs at 1080p@96fps.
Congrats on getting this resolved. It really shouldnt have happened but at least you are all good now.

Safe flying
2018-1-26
Use props
Vincent.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459738 ft
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-1-26 05:10
This issue occurs on first gen mavics made before i think q3 2017. This is known as pixel binning, its effect is the jaggies on angled lines and is moire where there is repeating pattern like brick walls etc. It happens at 1080p@50/60fps and above.

It has been resolved on the latest generation of mavic pro's made after i believe q3 2017 and now only occurs at 1080p@96fps.

That's interesting, do you know if there is any way to send back an old Mavic and be sure to receive a "fixed" one ? I bought mine less than 1 year ago, and I didn't notice too much aliasing, but I'm mostly taking pictures
2018-1-26
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vincent. Posted at 2018-1-26 06:26
That's interesting, do you know if there is any way to send back an old Mavic and be sure to receive a "fixed" one ? I bought mine less than 1 year ago, and I didn't notice too much aliasing, but I'm mostly taking pictures

I have no idea. It might be worth asking DJI. If you have one of the older affected models then you will only see this at 1080p@50/60fps and above. Its quite noticeable.  
2018-1-26
Use props
Archie9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47943 ft
Germany

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-1-26 05:10
This issue occurs on first gen mavics made before i think q3 2017. This is known as pixel binning, its effect is the jaggies on angled lines and is moire where there is repeating pattern like brick walls etc. It happens at 1080p@50/60fps and above.

It has been resolved on the latest generation of mavic pro's made after i believe q3 2017 and now only occurs at 1080p@96fps.

Hello...
In our german Forum we tested Mavics with different date of manufacture and found out that from date 01/2017 the 60fps binning were fixed.
Unfortunately not 96fps until today.
fly safe
2018-1-26
Use props
PrateekR
New
Flight distance : 12661 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 01:00
Hi Paul, I'm sorry to read that the drone has other issues, it seems you haven't provide me the case number, please post here, I will feedback these issues to local repair team for attention, thank you.

HI Mindy,

I have the same issue. Just received a package yesterday and it has a different S/N than what I had sent. How do I know if it's someone's another faulty drone or a new one? I don't all the time in the world to test everything to make sure they work ok. I will rather have my own drone back (repaired, of course as I paid for it) else a brand new one.

Here's my case# CAS-1605157-B2R7B4.

2018-4-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I just had the same experience with my Tello. They had me send it in to them and upon receiving the Tello they performed diagnostic check and emailed me my control module was needing replacement and enclosed pricing and number of units needed summary. I checked my Case on the Ryze website and it showed my Tello with picture of its serial number then another picture of the repaired drone with different serial number? I received the drone back two days ago and in the box there was a DJI Repair slip inside as if DJI repaired the drone? I spoke with Ryze, got an email from Ryze yet the drone went to California to where I think DJI Repair is located? I don't have DJI Care Refresh on my Tello so I don't think there's a big deal with a new Tello but I agree it's nice to always know what inventory you exactly have.
2018-4-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

well this is interesting,  my MP just came back from DJI and sure enough it`s a different SN #, but I am rather satisfied the reason being is that it`s a new drone, there is no R at the end of the SN#, now that doesn`t mean that a refurbished drone would be a lessor one, but I am pleased that a new one was issued to me, thank you DJI.
2018-4-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-2 19:53
Hi Paul, we are sorry for for the confusion caused, according to DJI After-Sales Policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.[view_image]
Our repair team usually will send an email with the serial number of the drone you will receive before shipping out, if it is the same with the drone you receive, no worries.
DJI Care Refresh will be transferred by our facility, please check the status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage

just went and checked it out and yes they transferred the policy over to the new one,  thanks for the info,  all in all this thread was very useful to me thank you.
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PrateekR Posted at 2018-4-28 20:10
HI Mindy,

I have the same issue. Just received a package yesterday and it has a different S/N than what I had sent. How do I know if it's someone's another faulty drone or a new one? I don't all the time in the world to test everything to make sure they work ok. I will rather have my own drone back (repaired, of course as I paid for it) else a brand new one.

PrateekR, sorry for my late response, please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.
Please test the drone and let us know if there is other issue, thanks for your understanding. GTScreenshot_20180504_182222.png
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-4-29 03:55
just went and checked it out and yes they transferred the policy over to the new one,  thanks for the info,  all in all this thread was very useful to me thank you.

You are welcome, glad to know everything works great now, enjoy flying.
2018-5-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-4 02:24
You are welcome, glad to know everything works great now, enjoy flying.

thank you Mindy
2018-5-4
Use props
RG1825
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193353 ft
United Kingdom

Exactly the same happened to me but I have not been as lucky as you and received a new one. DJI are claiming they can't do anything about it!
2019-1-16
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

Wow, wow, wow. Really hope others read more before sending theirs in like some of us.  I sent my two month old MP1 with maybe 15 days of flying on it.  Only a broken ribbon cable.  My unwillingness to drive 200 miles to the nearest repair person and sending it in cost me my new drone and $175.  Got my shipping notice today and it is a different serial number; was sure they would fix MINE and send it back... feel like a sucker... hope what  I get is truly a "good one" and as for serial numbers... it is not having any "R" anywhere in the number but I do not think that matters... my guess it is a repair of someone's originally new that was broken and sent in for repair.  If they are so focused in "turn-around" I doubt they take any time sending "like" repaired items out... broken leg, you get a broken leg repaired one.... so like me I start thinking I sent in perfect (except one cable for the gimbal motion) otherwise perfect in every way and I could be getting the one little Johnny flew of the side of the mountain with 1% battery that fell and shattered into a shallow pound ;) with thousands of hours on it... but hey, new parts will be on it ;) Guess time will tell.   I'm a bit sad and will for sure miss mine regradless of what I get back.... it is what it is.   Here's to the person getting mine pictured here that I sent in last week for a cable repair.  If not It'll be one the repair guy keeps for himself ;)   Shame they don't repair "yours" at this point.
2019-3-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Bjs_express Posted at 3-4 14:07
Wow, wow, wow. Really hope others read more before sending theirs in like some of us.  I sent my two month old MP1 with maybe 15 days of flying on it.  Only a broken ribbon cable.  My unwillingness to drive 200 miles to the nearest repair person and sending it in cost me my new drone and $175.  Got my shipping notice today and it is a different serial number; was sure they would fix MINE and send it back... feel like a sucker... hope what  I get is truly a "good one" and as for serial numbers... it is not having any "R" anywhere in the number but I do not think that matters... my guess it is a repair of someone's originally new that was broken and sent in for repair.  If they are so focused in "turn-around" I doubt they take any time sending "like" repaired items out... broken leg, you get a broken leg repaired one.... so like me I start thinking I sent in perfect (except one cable for the gimbal motion) otherwise perfect in every way and I could be getting the one little Johnny flew of the side of the mountain with 1% battery that fell and shattered into a shallow pound ;) with thousands of hours on it... but hey, new parts will be on it ;) Guess time will tell.   I'm a bit sad and will for sure miss mine regradless of what I get back.... it is what it is.   Here's to the person getting mine pictured here that I sent in last week for a cable repair.  If not It'll be one the repair guy keeps for himself ;)   Shame they don't repair "yours" at this point. [view_image]

Wow, wow, wow. Really hope others read more before sending theirs in like some of us.  I sent my two month old MP1 with maybe 15 days of flying on it.  Only a broken ribbon cable.  My unwillingness to drive 200 miles to the nearest repair person and sending it in cost me my new drone and $175.  Got my shipping notice today and it is a different serial number;

AND, some here lecture us with - Why not just send it in?!
Possibility of getting back a (maybe new / maybe not) Drone, Controller, or CrystalSky with entirely different set of problems to waste your time on.
Best to try to eliminate all other causes of trouble, before resorting to send it in.
2019-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bjs_express Posted at 3-4 14:07
Wow, wow, wow. Really hope others read more before sending theirs in like some of us.  I sent my two month old MP1 with maybe 15 days of flying on it.  Only a broken ribbon cable.  My unwillingness to drive 200 miles to the nearest repair person and sending it in cost me my new drone and $175.  Got my shipping notice today and it is a different serial number; was sure they would fix MINE and send it back... feel like a sucker... hope what  I get is truly a "good one" and as for serial numbers... it is not having any "R" anywhere in the number but I do not think that matters... my guess it is a repair of someone's originally new that was broken and sent in for repair.  If they are so focused in "turn-around" I doubt they take any time sending "like" repaired items out... broken leg, you get a broken leg repaired one.... so like me I start thinking I sent in perfect (except one cable for the gimbal motion) otherwise perfect in every way and I could be getting the one little Johnny flew of the side of the mountain with 1% battery that fell and shattered into a shallow pound ;) with thousands of hours on it... but hey, new parts will be on it ;) Guess time will tell.   I'm a bit sad and will for sure miss mine regradless of what I get back.... it is what it is.   Here's to the person getting mine pictured here that I sent in last week for a cable repair.  If not It'll be one the repair guy keeps for himself ;)   Shame they don't repair "yours" at this point. [view_image]

You will always get those who will idly support you in what you are saying. But first if your using this forum as some kind of reference, you will have to look very hard on this forum to find anyone who received a bad refurbished or replacement drone, you will see the OP here was more than satisfied with his outcome, you will find those trying to create hysteria about refurbished or replacement drones, fools who would rather hold on to their broken drones than get them repaired or replaced.
You should also be aware of your warranty where it clearly says that crashed drones may well be replaced with new or refurbished as new, this also covers you for replacement, simply because if your replacement drone is not refurbished as new then you are covered by your warranty.

I did say to you in another post I believe you were overcharged for the repair cost simply because changing ribbon and checking your drone was fit for your purpose , you should only have been charged 1 hour service instead of the two they charged you.

I do think that it’s likely you will receive a good working drone in the condition you expect. But I can tell you there are some who will be wetting themselves hoping you receive a dud, because it might cause some more hysteria around here, and that is the reason they come to this forum,  so if you want you can get mixed up in the hysteria or wait and see if you receive something that’s acceptable to you.

There are many here who are not here for flying drones, but for an entirely different agenda .
2019-3-4
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-4 16:15
You will always get those who will idly support you in what you are saying. But first if your using this forum as some kind of reference, you will have to look very hard on this forum to find anyone who received a bad refurbished or replacement drone, you will see the OP here was more than satisfied with his outcome, you will find those trying to create hysteria about refurbished or replacement drones, fools who would rather hold on to their broken drones than get them repaired or replaced.
You should also be aware of your warranty where it clearly says that crashed drones may well be replaced with new or refurbished as new, this also covers you for replacement, simply because if your replacement drone is not refurbished as new then you are covered by your warranty.

No intent to get anyone to be fearful of getting DJI to "repair" their drone... but as many already have said this,  like other electronics companies don't repair "yours" for you.  The service center should just be more transparent for nubes like me, lol and call it what it really is... replacement center.  Yes, repairs get done but not like a car dealership... it's my own lack of education and thinking that's at the heart of the matter.  I'm a bit in the side of old school thought process that I send my broken item,  you fix my broken item... unless it's more less beyond repair leading to pay for a replacement. I do want to beleive they are not in the habit of sending untested non- working units and all will be truly fine in the end. Just giving my pov about what went down and my silly expectations.
2019-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bjs_express Posted at 3-4 17:05
No intent to get anyone to be fearful of getting DJI to "repair" their drone... but as many already have said this,  like other electronics companies don't repair "yours" for you.  The service center should just be more transparent for nubes like me, lol and call it what it really is... replacement center.  Yes, repairs get done but not like a car dealership... it's my own lack of education and thinking that's at the heart of the matter.  I'm a bit in the side of old school thought process that I send my broken item,  you fix my broken item... unless it's more less beyond repair leading to pay for a replacement. I do want to beleive they are not in the habit of sending untested non- working units and all will be truly fine in the end. Just giving my pov about what went down and my silly expectations.

I fully understand where your coming from, it does mention in the warranty the procedure , I understand not everyone reads the warranty, I will also say nobody likes to get a refurb in place of repairing drone, but I do see that most are more than happy if they receive a new drone instead of repairedold one, so while I understand your attachment, for many this attachment is only important if they believe they will get a substandard drone.

Anyways I hope itworksoutforyou and you get back to doing what you want to do. Good luck .
2019-3-4
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-4 17:25
I fully understand where your coming from, it does mention in the warranty the procedure , I understand not everyone reads the warranty, I will also say nobody likes to get a refurb in place of repairing drone, but I do see that most are more than happy if they receive a new drone instead of repairedold one, so while I understand your attachment, for many this attachment is only important if they believe they will get a substandard drone.

Anyways I hope itworksoutforyou and you get back to doing what you want to do. Good luck .

Yes,  the unknown is the fear factor.  I'm in that group that,  yes I'd forget about the original if getting a new. In the end it's really a 1st world problem I'm embarrassed admitting.  Really it's like a bruised banana,  it still makes delicious banana bread and nobody knew or cares...
2019-3-4
Use props
djiuser_nEAOQT8S9kQV
lvl.2

United States

I have an issue with this too. The serial number I have on the one I sent in is registered with the FAA. Now I have to reregister this new unit and run the risk of possibly coming under investigation if someone receives my drone serial and flying carelessly.
2019-4-1
Use props
ClarkBeck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10541 ft
United States

Locoman Posted at 2018-1-2 07:29
they typically replace in lieu of repair. easier and faster. they will take yours, repair it, test it and send it off to someone else in the future. Since there isn't an "R" at the end of the new SN, you might be getting a new Mavic, check it over when you get it. if it looks new and flies good, you are a luck bird. When I sent mine in I got a new one back with the same old broken props and scratched up battery. Go figure.

This is a problem that I have now and my main concern is that the old number was registered with the FAA for commercial use. now my FAA registration doesn't match the drone I'm flying. DJI shouldn't be allowed to do this knowing the FAA registration compliance.
2019-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules