General consensus of latest Mavic firmware
2110 23 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim 100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176535 ft
United States

So what’s the general concensus of the latest firmware update for the Mavic.  I have a P4 that I bought at the end of 2016 that is barely operational after its latest firmware and I don’t want a reoccurrence of that with my Mavic I recently purchased.  My feeling towards firmware updates now are if it’s not broken don’t fix it except that I want the new features. Any suggestions?

2018-1-2
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've got 2+ hours on my Mavic with the latest FW and no issues.  Flying with CS & iPad mini
2018-1-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed no issues other than pano comes out over exposed. But no real issues.
2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I take it you’re referring the FW .100 came out in mid November? If so, I’ve flown my MPP for nearly 8 hours in the past month on that FW and no issues at all other than slightly over exposed video when using quick shots.
2018-1-2
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Have not had any problem with the latest FW.
2018-1-2
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Still stuck on .400 for the AC, and 4.0.5 for DJI app. Not one hiccup, gimbal reset, no NFZ limits......
I be happy with this setup.
Thru the updating process, version to version, they are being hobbled....
2018-1-2
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I upgraded to latest firmware (for Mavic and Goggles) and also the latest DJI Go4 version since November 2016. This has eliminated bugs and given me new features No issues for me.
2018-1-2
Use props
Jim 100
lvl.2
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-2 06:56
Agreed no issues other than pano comes out over exposed. But no real issues.

The pano is overexposed and I’m hearing quick shots are a little overexposed.  Can that be compensated for in the camera settings?  The pano is what I’m wanting but if if it’s not working properly I may wait for refinements.  
2018-1-2
Use props
RoflCopter726
lvl.1
United States

I want to go pick up a Huawei Elate from best buy this afternoon. My mavic is up to date on the latest firmware. If i load v.15 of DJI GO4 on the Huawei will there be any issues or do I need to roll back the Mavic's firmware?
2018-1-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jim 100 Posted at 2018-1-2 08:02
The pano is overexposed and I’m hearing quick shots are a little overexposed.  Can that be compensated for in the camera settings?  The pano is what I’m wanting but if if it’s not working properly I may wait for refinements.

I’ve heard nd filters will help. I just received mine yesterday so I will try them today and report back. Hopefully with an awesome pano.
2018-1-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RoflCopter726 Posted at 2018-1-2 08:56
I want to go pick up a Huawei Elate from best buy this afternoon. My mavic is up to date on the latest firmware. If i load v.15 of DJI GO4 on the Huawei will there be any issues or do I need to roll back the Mavic's firmware?

If you have updated to the latest firmware there’s no going back. No way to downgrade.
2018-1-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2018-1-2 07:21
Still stuck on .400 for the AC, and 4.0.5 for DJI app. Not one hiccup, gimbal reset, no NFZ limits......
I be happy with this setup.
Thru the updating process, version to version, they are being hobbled....

Lucky guy.
2018-1-2
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Jim 100 Posted at 2018-1-2 08:02

Not sure using the Go4 App with the new Pano feature as I pretty much use Litchi all the time unless I need my CS on a sunny day. But as a rule you should always shoot Panos in manual mode to avoid the auto settings changing Exposure/ISO and/or Apeture from one frame to another. Also always set focus to infinity before starting a Pano.
2018-1-2
Use props
RoflCopter726
lvl.1
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-2 09:08
If you have updated to the latest firmware there’s no going back. No way to downgrade.

Do you think there will be any conflict running the Go4 app at v.15 and the up to date mavic?
2018-1-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RoflCopter726 Posted at 2018-1-2 10:14
Do you think there will be any conflict running the Go4 app at v.15 and the up to date mavic?

Are you using android or iOS device. I’m not familiar with android, but iOS as long as you’re running iOS latest firmware you shouldn’t have any issues.
2018-1-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-1-2 09:14
Not sure using the Go4 App with the new Pano feature as I pretty much use Litchi all the time unless I need my CS on a sunny day. But as a rule you should always shoot Panos in manual mode to avoid the auto settings changing Exposure/ISO and/or Apeture from one frame to another. Also always set focus to infinity before starting a Pano.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely try it
2018-1-2
Use props
RoflCopter726
lvl.1
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-2 10:49
Are you using android or iOS device. I’m not familiar with android, but iOS as long as you’re running iOS latest firmware you shouldn’t have any issues.

Currently using a Samsung Note 8, but i'm looking into getting a dedicated device. I see people recommending the Huawei XT2/Elate lately.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We recommend that you update the firmware to the latest version, it adds the new Pano shooting modes and optimized some other functions, you can refer to the release note for more info. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright.
And for your Phantom 4, could you please provide me with more details about the performance? I would like to do my best to help.
2018-1-2
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I am tech guy and till now was always updating everything - till Mavic here I stay with .900 and have No plans to move further (if possible) as I see No benefits of doing so and all FW updates (even to .900) gave me a lot of trouble
But hey, might be this is just me
2018-1-2
Use props
AwX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829344 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having issues with manual zoom preventing record or going into the settings. Support said to wait for the next firmware. I am currently on 01.04.0100 waiting for .200.
2018-1-3
Use props
Jim 100
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-2 21:24
We recommend that you update the firmware to the latest version, it adds the new Pano shooting modes and optimized some other functions, you can refer to the release note for more info. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright.
And for your Phantom 4, could you please provide me with more details about the performance? I would like to do my best to help.

My p4 is the same as others the wobbling to aggressive sensitive movement and me terrain following due to the downward position sensors and collision avoidance not working since the last official update.  It’s a year old now and since i had to purchase a Mavic to complete my real estate jobs I’m reluctant to update my Mavic. My p4 was perfect until the last update and it all went south after that. I didn’t crash it or any of the sort.  My current problems didn’t exist until the last official update.  I have updated it every means possible with the same results each time. It is functional but the the odd thing is after running through one battery it starts to work properly until it sets after use. So I know how to make it work right and I’ve just been dealing with it as is.  
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jim 100 Posted at 2018-1-3 03:05
My p4 is the same as others the wobbling to aggressive sensitive movement and me terrain following due to the downward position sensors and collision avoidance not working since the last official update.  It’s a year old now and since i had to purchase a Mavic to complete my real estate jobs I’m reluctant to update my Mavic. My p4 was perfect until the last update and it all went south after that. I didn’t crash it or any of the sort.  My current problems didn’t exist until the last official update.  I have updated it every means possible with the same results each time. It is functional but the the odd thing is after running through one battery it starts to work properly until it sets after use. So I know how to make it work right and I’ve just been dealing with it as is.

For the aggressive flying with Phantom 4, have you joined the beta tester? And for the vision sensor issue, I noticed that we had discussed before, have you sent the drone in for repair? The firmware doesn't seem to cause or fix the vision sensor, so if it is convenience, please kindly send it back, we will help to take care of it. Thank you so much.
2018-1-4
Use props
Jim 100
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-4 01:23
For the aggressive flying with Phantom 4, have you joined the beta tester? And for the vision sensor issue, I noticed that we had discussed before, have you sent the drone in for repair? The firmware doesn't seem to cause or fix the vision sensor, so if it is convenience, please kindly send it back, we will help to take care of it. Thank you so much.

I have joined the beta testers and I have a beta loaded that I can work with.  I’m reluctant to send it in for the fear of the cost in getting it repaired and the time it takes to get it back. I understand your comment about the vision sensor but it was either an extreme coincidence that it failed after the firmware update or it was the firmware. Mine is an early model. End of 2016 so maybe some early components are different causing some firmware issues.  I still have a Mavic and an osmo.  I’m just watching DJI and seeing how they handle all these problems and make a determination as to whether or not I want to continue to invest in anymore products.  My plan was to work up to an inspire as my business grows but it can’t grow if i keep getting held back by unreliable products.
2018-1-7
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

"If you have updated to the latest firmware there’s no going back. No way to downgrade"

Perhaps that was the case when you made that statement, but as of a few days ago it is no longer accurate. For future consideration, I heartily recommend you assume that any and all restrictions DJI attempts to impose on you, will be lifted by community members. The will is very strong in that regard.
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules