19557 19 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Redsectora
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48287 ft
United Kingdom

Hello
My dilema is my Mavic Pro connects to the DJI Assistant 2 no problem but when i choose Calibrate all i get is please reboot aircraft which i have done many many times and problem still happens.
Please can anyone help me as im running the latest DJI firmware on a current HP laptop (x64) which is running windows 10.I have checked in Device Manager and i'm on the current driver.

Any ideas?

Regards
Andy
2018-1-2
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

You can calibrate the IMU and Compass using the app on your phone/tablet...

2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To calibrate the VISION POSITIONING SYSTEM SENSORS in Assistant 2 (which I believe is your actual question) it is important that you turn on the drone first then connect to the computer. Don't connect then turn on. Also, reduce the display size of the screen in your lap top/pc settings - I found 720 works all the time for this calibration.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Andy, please try to restart the computer and the drone and connect the DJI Assistant 2 again, also, you can try to change another connecting cable. See if it helps.
2018-1-2
Use props
fans9fa373e8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207500 ft
Sweden

A CW Posted at 2018-1-2 10:43
To calibrate the VISION POSITIONING SYSTEM SENSORS in Assistant 2 (which I believe is your actual question) it is important that you turn on the drone first then connect to the computer. Don't connect then turn on. Also, reduce the display size of the screen in your lap top/pc settings - I found 720 works all the time for this calibration.

Hi!
I have the exact same problem, but nothing helps, i tried all you said...
Any other ideas?
2018-4-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans9fa373e8 Posted at 2018-4-21 12:12
Hi!
I have the exact same problem, but nothing helps, i tried all you said...
Any other ideas?

Try another PC/laptop and ensure you are on the latest version of Assistant 2 - you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Assistant 2
2018-4-22
Use props
Rovik87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207500 ft
Sweden

A CW Posted at 2018-4-22 00:13
Try another PC/laptop and ensure you are on the latest version of Assistant 2 - you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Assistant 2

I found a video which helped me: I restarted my computer in an advanced mode by holding down shift-key while pressing restart computer, chose adcanced options and then alternative #7 (....without signature blabla..). I also changed battery, then everything worked =)
2018-4-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rovik87 Posted at 2018-4-22 22:48
I found a video which helped me: I restarted my computer in an advanced mode by holding down shift-key while pressing restart computer, chose adcanced options and then alternative #7 (....without signature blabla..). I also changed battery, then everything worked =)

Thats a first but glad it worked out for you.
2018-4-22
Use props
KangaAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590974 ft

As of today I also have the message "recommending" recalibration of the sensors on my Mavic Air. I have a Macbook Air & iMac 24". DJI Assistant fails to deliver a screen pattern at any resolution on neither machines. Conclusion: DJI Assistant is an absolute waste of time on the Mavic Air, even with the latest update you can collect flight logs, or calibrate sensors. It is only good for a firmware update. Even DJI Assistant is not needed. Suggest DJI change the Assistant app developer quickly, and to a rapid re-design. They seem to have got it all wrong for months now. Most importantly, I am not at all worried about the sensors. They appear to work totally normal with the re-calibration recommendation being prompted. If you are worried do a front-rear-ground sensor check at launch, simple check. Sensors on mine bird are working fine. My guess is a firmware update will eventually remove this silly message. If it a genuine sensor problem DJI better get their act together quickly or there will a lot of unhappy owners Mavic Air out there with this annoying message. I recently flew in Halong Bay Vietnam from a steel boat, the drone and sensors were perfect even with the sensor alert activate. There are occasions where you may have to land without sensors anyway, good pilots should not totally rely on sensors to get them out of trouble in a tight space.
2018-6-4
Use props
fansc33daac8
New

United States

KangaAir Posted at 6-4 01:42
As of today I also have the message "recommending" recalibration of the sensors on my Mavic Air. I have a Macbook Air & iMac 24". DJI Assistant fails to deliver a screen pattern at any resolution on neither machines. Conclusion: DJI Assistant is an absolute waste of time on the Mavic Air, even with the latest update you can collect flight logs, or calibrate sensors. It is only good for a firmware update. Even DJI Assistant is not needed. Suggest DJI change the Assistant app developer quickly, and to a rapid re-design. They seem to have got it all wrong for months now. Most importantly, I am not at all worried about the sensors. They appear to work totally normal with the re-calibration recommendation being prompted. If you are worried do a front-rear-ground sensor check at launch, simple check. Sensors on mine bird are working fine. My guess is a firmware update will eventually remove this silly message. If it a genuine sensor problem DJI better get their act together quickly or there will a lot of unhappy owners Mavic Air out there with this annoying message. I recently flew in Halong Bay Vietnam from a steel boat, the drone and sensors were perfect even with the sensor alert activate. There are occasions where you may have to land without sensors anyway, good pilots should not totally rely on sensors to get them out of trouble in a tight space.

I was having the same issue and nobody at DJI was able to help me. However, try setting your screen resolution to the lowest setting - in my case it was 1280X720. That did the trick.
2018-11-5
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

calibrate the compass and IMU on you phone
2019-1-2
Use props
mur4d
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi i am on mac OSX catalina using assistance 2 for mavic for Mavic 2 pro. calibbration goes well untill uploading. nothing happens. Any help? i am on macbook pro 15 2017
2019-11-1
Use props
Barwon Drone Photography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 832310 ft
Australia

mur4d Posted at 2019-11-1 04:20
Hi i am on mac OSX catalina using assistance 2 for mavic for Mavic 2 pro. calibbration goes well untill uploading. nothing happens. Any help? i am on macbook pro 15 2017

I have the same problem
tried everything
different cables  tried mac  desk top then my mac book pro then tried my sons  pc
reinstalled DJI assistant on both mac and the pc

Does everything up until the last part where it says calibration and just stalls
2021-3-28
Use props
Barwon Drone Photography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 832310 ft
Australia

Barwon Drone Photography Posted at 3-28 02:42
I have the same problem
tried everything
different cables  tried mac  desk top then my mac book pro then tried my sons  pc

any solution ???
2021-3-28
Use props
djiuser_hgdOl5D37SHV
New

Sweden

Why is there no one from DJI staff stepping in to this forum and  olving issue?
2021-3-28
Use props
robotmonster
lvl.1
United States

I was also having trouble with my sensors not activating during the calibration process using DJ Assistant.  What fixed the issue for me was disconnecting my external monitor from my Mac laptop.  I then restarted DJ Assistant and it worked fine.  I hope this helps.
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_TMurygAwibWq
lvl.1

Sweden

Barwon Drone Photography Posted at 3-28 02:42
I have the same problem
tried everything

I'm having exact same problem.

Tried reinstalling software, turning everything off and on, updating firmware, downgrading firmware, reinstalling the app, changing batteries, cables... everything.

Did you manage to fix your issue?
2021-10-7
Use props
djiuser_1PI6UoD5T9Ve
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_TMurygAwibWq Posted at 2021-10-7 09:07

Tried reinstalling software, turning everything off and on, updating firmware, downgrading firmware, reinstalling the app, changing batteries, cables... everything.

Hi, did anyone ever find a solution? I have been having the same issue for a year now. DJI is useless.
2022-6-17
Use props
djiuser_E4Q9uRZyxAiI
New

Nigeria

djiuser_TMurygAwibWq Posted at 2021-10-7 09:07

Having same issue with my mavic pro 2
2023-3-28
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Rovik87 Posted at 2018-4-22 22:48

2023-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules