Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New spark owner confused
2429 21 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulyp99
lvl.2
United States

Just trying to get things started. First entered serial number from the spark, then realized had to enter serial number from the controller. Which is it? Now that I used the controller cant see the spark on wifi unless controller is on. This is all very confusing?
2018-1-2
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try this:
2018-1-2
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Some of this things are very confusing at first.  Be patient and check many You Tube videos.  The more you educate yourself, the more fun you'll have.  Have fun and don't forget to share some of your pictures/videos
2018-1-2
Use props
paulyp99
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the info. I followed the instructions and on my mobile device it always says internet may not be available. DJi go4 app working says connected and Go FLy, Drone has solid red lights on front. Controller is green light. I think that this is the way it supposed to be, however in this mode I am unable to set up gesture control?
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

paulyp99 Posted at 2018-1-2 13:14
Thanks for the info. I followed the instructions and on my mobile device it always says internet may not be available. DJi go4 app working says connected and Go FLy, Drone has solid red lights on front. Controller is green light. I think that this is the way it supposed to be, however in this mode I am unable to set up gesture control?

Hi, sir. Since your phone connects with spark by wifi, it is normal that your phone remind you it has no Internet connection. Also, please ensure that you  open “Enable Advanced Gesture Control” under Visual Navigation Settings.
2018-1-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

-and on my mobile device it always says internet may not be available.-

That is b/c your RC or your Spark is not having a internet to share with your phone.
Don't worry about that, 'connect anyway' or 'stay connected'
2018-1-2
Use props
paulyp99
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-2 23:17
Hi, sir. Since your phone connects with spark by wifi, it is normal that your phone remind you it has no Internet connection. Also, please ensure that you  open “Enable Advanced Gesture Control” under Visual Navigation Settings.

Is there any way to fly the spark with controller navigating forward and reverse as seen by controller, not aircraft. Meaning when I fly forward away from me I push the controller stick forward. If I turn the spark around where it is facing me then in order to go forward I need to pull the control toward me. Is there anyway regardless of the direction the spark is facing to use the controller and push it forward to make the spark go farther way or pull the controller towards you to make it come back?
2018-1-5
Use props
TudorD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832480 ft
Italy

paulyp99 Posted at 2018-1-5 15:33
Is there any way to fly the spark with controller navigating forward and reverse as seen by controller, not aircraft. Meaning when I fly forward away from me I push the controller stick forward. If I turn the spark around where it is facing me then in order to go forward I need to pull the control toward me. Is there anyway regardless of the direction the spark is facing to use the controller and push it forward to make the spark go farther way or pull the controller towards you to make it come back?

No, controls cannot be reversed by your relative position, this is the way you can operate any remote toy.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please note that spark does not support this feature now. Your requirement will be forwarded. But I think this feature will be dangerous and hard to control. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-8
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

That is known as headless, its found on most of the toy drones.
I've been a Radio Control hobbiest for many years, using the simulator mode to practice, will help a lot with getting used to flying towards you, its a very good tool for flight practice.
2018-1-20
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

That is known as headless, its found on most of the toy drones.
I've been a Radio Control hobbiest for many years, using the simulator mode to practice, will help a lot with getting used to flying towards you, its a very good tool for flight practice.
2018-1-20
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

There are a lot (and I mean ALOT) of tutorial videos of the Spark on YouTube, you will find your answers more easily explained there! Good Luck!
2018-1-20
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

There are a lot (and I mean ALOT) of tutorial videos of the Spark on YouTube, you will find your answers more easily explained there! Good Luck!
2018-1-20
Use props
paulyp99
lvl.2
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-1-2 11:37
Some of this things are very confusing at first.  Be patient and check many You Tube videos.  The more you educate yourself, the more fun you'll have.  Have fun and don't forget to share some of your pictures/videos

Thanks, here is the video of the maiden voyage with some editing. I think I had it set at 1/1000 of a second shutter speed but am not sure of the quality. It seems to have some motion blur that I dont see on many youtube videos.. Need to work on a few things I guess.
2018-1-20
Use props
paulyp99
lvl.2
United States

paulyp99 Posted at 2018-1-20 09:40
Thanks, here is the video of the maiden voyage with some editing. I think I had it set at 1/1000 of a second shutter speed but am not sure of the quality. It seems to have some motion blur that I dont see on many youtube videos.. Need to work on a few things I guess.

2018-1-20
Use props
Lee Moon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

The park looks like a great place to fly.  You've captured some great footage.  Your maiden voyage is WAY more interesting than mine was.  Good job!  Please do share more as you can and want.
2018-1-20
Use props
paulyp99
lvl.2
United States

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-20 16:45
The park looks like a great place to fly.  You've captured some great footage.  Your maiden voyage is WAY more interesting than mine was.  Good job!  Please do share more as you can and want.

Thanks will do. Will be going to Hawaii in 4 months
2018-1-20
Use props
fans85ddee6e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28973 ft
United States

On WiFi connect to controller only don’t worry about the Spark, the controller only talks to the spark your phone or ipad whatever you use should only connect to controller it will say spark rc in WiFi setting
2018-1-20
Use props
fans85ddee6e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28973 ft
United States

Turn on spark first then controller wait for green light on controller connect your phone to spark-RC only
2018-1-20
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Good job on the maiden flight.
2018-1-20
Use props
paulyp99
lvl.2
United States

rimza Posted at 2018-1-20 20:41
Good job on the maiden flight.

Thanks......
2018-1-21
Use props
paulyp99
lvl.2
United States

Hey, Question: I was videoing a flight today. I had the camera on manual and on the return to home as soon as the spark turned around to head home the exposure of the video changed dramatically and got much darker. No noticeable difference in the sky just the return to home, also the viewing screen on my phone got darker as well. Do you know anything that would cause that?
2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules