Single SelectVote, Total 77 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-1-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just one of the Lucky one's I guess, plenty of other problems with it though!
2018-1-2
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

There are a few choices missing in my opinion. Possibilities likely to be used by many (incl. myself) and thus will give a completely different outcome.

- Never, and I have been flying less than 6 months.
- Ones, and I have been flying less than 6 months.
2018-1-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

Sorry but what does "ones" mean? It means numbers that haven't reached 10 yet?
2018-1-2
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-2 16:52

Ouch..!
Sounds like you should keep your drone from flying.
2018-1-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I suspect they mean ONCE.  Made no sense to me either until that dawned on me.

Never crashed the Mavic.  Had one minor crash with my P3A due to pilot error.  Had second (major) crash with the P3A due to drone going berserk, flipping upside down, and boring into the concrete from about 15 feet elevation.  Sickening sound and sight.  After I recovered, I put new props on it, used quite a bit of hot glue on the upper shell, and fired it up.  It still flies today with no noticeable problems.  That's literally all I did to it and all that was needed.  Even the gimbal survived without needing tweaks.  No calibrations needed either.  I think that story is amazing in itself.
2018-1-2
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

In a bit more than 6 months I had one "crash" broke all propellers in a wall - luckily Mavic fell on his back from 1.5 meters with no problems (other than propellers)  this happened 2 months ago and I am flying more cautious now
2018-1-2
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-2 16:52

HAHa
2018-1-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Add never but had almost fly away
2018-1-2
Use props
fanse9cf161f
lvl.3
South Africa

1st crash yesterday. Drone disconnected and flew into mountain bushes. Still searching. Here is the last image I have. The search continues today.
org_869c88462a73b625_1514894969000.jpg
2018-1-3
Use props
Vandesande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115640 ft
Belgium

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-2 16:45
There are a few choices missing in my opinion. Possibilities likely to be used by many (incl. myself) and thus will give a completely different outcome.

- Never, and I have been flying less than 6 months.

Thx for your opinion.
I have thought about that too, but I think that if we want to have some reliable results you have to be flying around about six months.
I have my drone for one week now, and never crashed... but one week of flying doesn’t tell us anything. In six months I can fill in the form too!
2018-1-3
Use props
Vandesande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115640 ft
Belgium

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-1-2 21:15
I suspect they mean ONCE.  Made no sense to me either until that dawned on me.

Never crashed the Mavic.  Had one minor crash with my P3A due to pilot error.  Had second (major) crash with the P3A due to drone going berserk, flipping upside down, and boring into the concrete from about 15 feet elevation.  Sickening sound and sight.  After I recovered, I put new props on it, used quite a bit of hot glue on the upper shell, and fired it up.  It still flies today with no noticeable problems.  That's literally all I did to it and all that was needed.  Even the gimbal survived without needing tweaks.  No calibrations needed either.  I think that story is amazing in itself.

My fault, it had to be once indeed!
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can honestly state that in the 17 months I’ve flown DJI drones I am yet to experience a crash - in fact I’ve never had to replace even a prop. Though my first drone was a propel and that landed in a tree LOL
2018-1-3
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Never crashed any of the larger more expensive drones like the Mavic, Phantom and those from other brands.

Had my fair share of crashes with racing drones though.
2018-1-3
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P3S, P3A, P4P, Mavic, Spark, P4A - never ever. Few close calls but no crashes or fly-away's. Permission to buzz the tower ??
2018-1-3
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Crashed my Spark twice. First time was within 15mins of opening the box, second time my sister had a go and managed to hit her house (luckily had prop guards on). The Mavic I haven't crashed yet (touch wood).
2018-1-3
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

yeah you need an option for those that have had it for less than 6 months as majority of the crashes happen with those with no flying experience
2018-1-3
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-2 16:59
Ouch..!
Sounds like you should keep your drone from flying.

Wow, some people really are stupid. What did I expect though, I'm on a DJI forum. DJI drones do not require any intelligence or knowledge about quads .

My main language is French
2018-1-3
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
United States

OP made a mistake. He meant "once"
2018-1-3
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-3 08:13
Wow, some people really are stupid. What did I expect though, I'm on a DJI forum. DJI drones do not require any intelligence or knowledge about quads .

My main language is French

Thank you for letting me know how "really stupid" I am.
I'm not OP - I'm Danish and my native language is Danish. I just made a simple copy / paste of what was already written so the spelling mistakes came along. I did not think about it, but could easily have been guilty of spelling it that way myself.

I did not try to be degrading to anyone - I could never dream about that. Nobody can expect that everything is spelled and written completely correctly on a forum where users from all over the world participate. It can and will occasionally give some understanding problems.
2018-1-3
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

With all the miles of flying under my belt, have one crash on the MP (pilot miscalculation error) and on the P4P, never. I learned very quickly from my error.
2018-1-3
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-1-3 05:12
P3S, P3A, P4P, Mavic, Spark, P4A - never ever. Few close calls but no crashes or fly-away's. Permission to buzz the tower ??

Permission granted, but no afterburner  
2018-1-4
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

No crash yet, two *VERY* close calls due to pilot error, 7 months of flying a few times a week. The close calls were probably the best lessons I could ever get as far as staying calm no matter what happens.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules