Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Testing BETA 02.00.0700
17200 153 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

echopiece Posted at 2018-1-14 13:29
No it was enabled, but for some reason the Go app wasn't the latest version.  It said it was primarily fixes for the Spark.  I went ahead and updated the App and so far it's working again.  Time will tell?

Yeah, I hope it's better for you. But don't go by the release notes. DJI aren't good at advising what they have fixed in the app or firmware, and typically the notes just advise of new features. In my view, each version is released for a reason, and it's always advisable to update the app regardless, if only to make support easier (otherwise the first question will be "Have you updated the app?").
2018-1-14
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Everyone
I have been testing beta .0700. So far I have completed seven flights . I have only noticed the following problem and require other beta testers to see if they have the same problem. When flying up to about 40 M and descending rapidly I have noticed eractic behaviour on the way down. I have tried this in 26 kph winds and no wind and still had the same issue. I have also noticed the excessive braking when stoping after full speed in any direction however I don’t feel this is a problem as most pilots would fly to a controlled stop and not just let go of sticks. I still notice a slight wobble while hovering, but it is an improvement on the past firmware.
I think DJI are getting close but more testing needs to be completed.
2018-1-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Beeper. I can confirm that the behaviour on rapid descent and rapid stop was the same in beta v...600 also.
2018-1-15
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

beeper Posted at 2018-1-15 02:17
Hi Everyone
I have been testing beta .0700. So far I have completed seven flights . I have only noticed the following problem and require other beta testers to see if they have the same problem. When flying up to about 40 M and descending rapidly I have noticed eractic behaviour on the way down. I have tried this in 26 kph winds and no wind and still had the same issue. I have also noticed the excessive braking when stoping after full speed in any direction however I don’t feel this is a problem as most pilots would fly to a controlled stop and not just let go of sticks. I still notice a slight wobble while hovering, but it is an improvement on the past firmware.

"descending rapidly I have noticed eractic behaviour on the way down"

Since the bad production firmware, this has been my primary issue. My first posts on the subject were about the manic descending.
2018-1-15
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

Hi Everyone
I have been testing beta .0700. So far I have completed seven flights . I have only noticed the following problem and require other beta testers to see if they have the same problem. When flying up to about 40 M and descending rapidly I have noticed eractic behaviour on the way down. I have tried this in 26 kph winds and no wind and still had the same issue. I have also noticed the excessive braking when stoping after full speed in any direction however I don’t feel this is a problem as most pilots would fly to a controlled stop and not just let go of sticks. I still notice a slight wobble while hovering, but it is an improvement on the past firmware.

I still see the erratic behavior during breaking, doesn't have to be a quick stop, just a little aggressive and it wobbles quite a bit. . It does still wobble on decent, but not near as bad 2.6 "Stress not as near", if I revert back to prior to 2.0 descent is nice and smooth for the most part. Or at least it doesn't appear its going to wobble itself to death.
2.7, I would say is about 75% better though. I dont get as scared im going to loose the drone flying it, but I am worried its going to dmanage the gimball it shakes at stop so hard.
2018-1-15
Use props
Mugrunty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599449 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-15 02:38
Hi Beeper. I can confirm that the behaviour on rapid descent and rapid stop was the same in beta v...600 also.

I can confirm the same behavior on .600 as well. Sad to hear that it is the same on the newer beta as well. I hope they figure it out!
2018-1-15
Use props
echopiece
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

Hi Everyone
I have been testing beta .0700. So far I have completed seven flights . I have only noticed the following problem and require other beta testers to see if they have the same problem. When flying up to about 40 M and descending rapidly I have noticed eractic behaviour on the way down. I have tried this in 26 kph winds and no wind and still had the same issue. I have also noticed the excessive braking when stoping after full speed in any direction however I don’t feel this is a problem as most pilots would fly to a controlled stop and not just let go of sticks. I still notice a slight wobble while hovering, but it is an improvement on the past firmware.

Under the new .700 Beta, I do not have the erratic descent behavior nor the wobble while hovering or braking.  

Have you calibrated your VPS lately?
2018-1-15
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

echopiece Posted at 2018-1-15 10:59
Under the new .700 Beta, I do not have the erratic descent behavior nor the wobble while hovering or braking.  

Yep went thru all the steps, it is much better but still there.
2018-1-15
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

echopiece Posted at 2018-1-15 10:59

Yes I have calibrated everything and completed a refresh. Also looks like DJI are going to release this soon they sent me a email saying beta is now closed. Not much of a test.
2018-1-15
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

beeper Posted at 2018-1-15 16:06
Yes I have calibrated everything and completed a refresh. Also looks like DJI are going to release this soon they sent me a email saying beta is now closed. Not much of a test.

Well, it's got to be 100% better than the current kick in the teeth. Maybe some of the wobbles could be tapered off with adjustments to gain? I think this will be the last production release we ever see, so we better find a way to make it work!
2018-1-15
Use props
jkw
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hi All  i’ve had the beta 02.00.0700 pushed to my account  insalled it  in A2  on 2007 imac  without  an issue , but on first test  flight go4 said the  VS  calibration was required , i performed the  quick  alternative  on the App    on a 2m hover  light wind  always my first test slight    drift and  height stability problem , and i. unable to perform calibration in A2. as only get a blank screen  tried changing every resolution  on my imac  still on joy!
2018-1-15
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

beeper Posted at 2018-1-15 16:06

I hope its not over, I got email on the 15th, but it was just a thank you to closed beta team. It didn't mention the beta was over and they still wanted input. I am hoping we are close, but I hope they fix the last few things, its so close to being perfect, whats a few more weeks or months now.
2018-1-16
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jkw Posted at 2018-1-15 17:53
hi All  i’ve had the beta 02.00.0700 pushed to my account  insalled it  in A2  on 2007 imac  without  an issue , but on first test  flight go4 said the  VS  calibration was required , i performed the  quick  alternative  on the App    on a 2m hover  light wind  always my first test slight    drift and  height stability problem , and i. unable to perform calibration in A2. as only get a blank screen  tried changing every resolution  on my imac  still on joy!

The only way to calibrate the visual sensors is using DJI Assistant 2, there is no quick alternative in the DJI Go 4 App' that I'm aware of.

Is there a PC or a laptop you could use to run Assistant 2 on ?
2018-1-16
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-15 02:38
Hi Beeper. I can confirm that the behaviour on rapid descent and rapid stop was the same in beta v...600 also.

I am very surprised! Punchbuggy today 0700 beta arrived to me, it will arrive for you too. Very stable hovering when ascending  or descending. Great breaks I like it, very quick and dynamic
2018-1-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-16 09:43
I am very surprised! Punchbuggy today 0700 beta arrived to me, it will arrive for you too. Very stable hovering when ascending  or descending. Great breaks I like it, very quick and dynamic

That's great to hear, Vendex - that you have the beta and your P4 is now flying so well for you.

But sadly I don't expect to see beta v...700 as I wasn't on the exclusive invitee email list. It's a shame  :-(
2018-1-16
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-16 13:12
That's great to hear, Vendex - that you have the beta and your P4 is now flying so well for you.

But sadly I don't expect to see beta v...700 as I wasn't on the exclusive invitee email list. It's a shame  :-(

Sorry that I forgot that
2018-1-17
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

BSilverthorn Posted at 2018-1-16 08:51
I hope its not over, I got email on the 15th, but it was just a thank you to closed beta team. It didn't mention the beta was over and they still wanted input. I am hoping we are close, but I hope they fix the last few things, its so close to being perfect, whats a few more weeks or months now.

Hello BSilverthorn, do you know what "input they still wanted",  DJI the problems we had over the past 195 days are almost fix, just a "few things" on the Drone to be "nearly perfect" as you advertised and we eagerly bought. You must surely know by now what was the cause of all the problems. It will be very reassuring if you will inform us what it was that only some Drones were effected.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         It wiil help us all a lot in the future. DJI you know, Most of us wants to work with you. Thanks to all the engineers who struggled to fix this and the mods who helped us.
Again, please give us your best to close this case. Thank you.                                                                     
2018-1-17
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

With the new drone launch next week, I'm guessing it will be all hands on deck and we won't be seeing the production release any time soon. Just a hunch.
2018-1-17
Use props
fester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77408 ft
United States

Hi Everyone

Not testing a .700 beta, and just briefly tested the .600 beta. Running the last "official July release as I wanted to be sure of compatibility of both the GO 4 app and Litchi. I've noticed the "wobble" on descent during an RTH when the descent speed is around 6.5 mph. Looks like that is caused by the P4 descending thru its own propwash at that speed, but goes away when the vertical speed reduces. I think the firmware other than what descent speed it sets, isn't causing the wobble.
2018-1-17
Use props
jkw
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-16 09:43

Now that’s what I like to hear , looking forward to testing the .700  once the weather improves
It’s great to hear you seem happy with it
2018-1-17
Use props
fansf7ffe288
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82 ft
Russia

I'd like to participate. lefortowo2005@yandex.ru
2018-1-18
Use props
serezhka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067474 ft
  • >>>
Belarus

Hey. How can I get this version? my e-mail serezhka2009@yandex.ru
2018-1-18
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Just to share, today I my Phantom 4 flipped backward on the props before even takeoff. There was some no more than moderate wind and I used to takeoff before without this result. There isn't any kind of damage, I've just cleaned a little mud from the props. This is actually my second flight with 0700 firmware, after complete calibrations. It's not excluded, that the wind is main reason probably but I wanted to share that.
2018-1-18
Use props
Schlepprock250
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1375 ft
United States

I'm still running Phantom 4 v. 01.02.0602 and v 1.8.0 on my controller and it's flawless.
2018-1-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-18 06:36
Just to share, today I my Phantom 4 flipped backward on the props before even takeoff. There was some no more than moderate wind and I used to takeoff before without this result. There isn't any kind of damage, I've just cleaned a little mud from the props. This is actually my second flight with 0700 firmware, after complete calibrations. It's not excluded, that the wind is main reason probably but I wanted to share that.

Oops - not good. But just curious. Did you do a single update of the firmware on the P4? Have you subsequently tried a factory default reset and refresh the firmware again? Yeah, sure, it's only my theory but I believe the craft needs a dual update to reliably initialise each internal controller update.
2018-1-18
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-18 14:10
Oops - not good. But just curious. Did you do a single update of the firmware on the P4? Have you subsequently tried a factory default reset and refresh the firmware again? Yeah, sure, it's only my theory but I believe the craft needs a dual update to reliably initialise each internal controller update.

Yes, a single update but after this ... almost adrenaline kick case (I wasn't expect that), I've done refresh, than a factory default and calibration as follow: first IMU (cold start), followed by VPS calibration and gimbal calibration was last, then I try two batteries at good distance and everything was perfect again but this time without wind
2018-1-18
Use props
fans29ff2d1d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99954 ft
Italy

Hi I'm using the BETA 0600 I was wondering if it was possible to have the BETA 0700 thanks to my email address: mariolino123@hotmail.com
2018-1-20
Use props
fans29ff2d1d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99954 ft
Italy

mariolino123@hotmail.com
2018-1-20
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

F.KOK Posted at 2018-1-17 07:51
Hello BSilverthorn, do you know what "input they still wanted",  DJI the problems we had over the past 195 days are almost fix, just a "few things" on the Drone to be "nearly perfect" as you advertised and we eagerly bought. You must surely know by now what was the cause of all the problems. It will be very reassuring if you will inform us what it was that only some Drones were effected.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         It wiil help us all a lot in the future. DJI you know, Most of us wants to work with you. Thanks to all the engineers who struggled to fix this and the mods who helped us.
Again, please give us your best to close this case. Thank you.

It would be nice at sometime if it was shared what caused all the issues actually.

As for what they wanted, they just asked for input back on flight characteristics. Nothing real direct or precise was requested.

So far other than an odd wobble at breaking, it seems to be much better. The unfortate piece for me has been weather, its either been blowing 30 to 40 mph and negative windchills or like now Raining non stop. I have only gotten a few flights in, mother nature is keeping us grounded.
2018-1-22
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Seems a lot of people are waiting on weather to try Beta 7 while I’ve been flying beta 6 everyday here in Arizona. Hey DJI, I’m still willing to help you guys out. Push me the beta 7. Why wouldn’t you want as much feedback as possible? What’s up with that?
2018-1-22
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

BSilverthorn Posted at 2018-1-22 06:19
It would be nice at sometime if it was shared what caused all the issues actually.

As for what they wanted, they just asked for input back on flight characteristics. Nothing real direct or precise was requested.

Thanks BSn, thats why it would be good if they sent the Beta.700 to people with weather like us who have lots of great days to test. - Just a thought.
2018-1-22
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Archangel3356 Posted at 2018-1-22 07:45
Seems a lot of people are waiting on weather to try Beta 7 while I’ve been flying beta 6 everyday here in Arizona. Hey DJI, I’m still willing to help you guys out. Push me the beta 7. Why wouldn’t you want as much feedback as possible? What’s up with that?

It is never winter here, on the spanish southeast coast. But some reports about .0700 with the same flight issues I had with the oficial firmware makes me worry about the possibility that DJI uses this beta as the reference for the future new firmware, specially after so few tester's reports here.
2018-1-22
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

02.00.0700 RELEASED : Jan 24 2018
2018-1-24
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

Just wanted to confirm that the copy official firmware released (02.00.0700) is the exact one as the BETA one we were testing here.
When I connect the drone that is under the BETA firmware, it did not ask to upgrade, it remained the same just without the BETA in the name.

Thank you, everyone, who participated in this testing.
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules