o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-12 09:25
The Beta showed up & I installed it.

Even worse video signals. Completely unflyable.  

Tom, from my experience the iPad Mini 2 hasn't had sufficient CPU performance to manage the video decoding demands of DJI GO since early GO v4.1.x. Exactly the symptoms you describe, so I upgraded my iPad to an Air 2 and all good. But you say it's been OK previously for you? Go figure...
Have you tried another app, like Litchi?

2018-1-12
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-12 22:19
Tom, from my experience the iPad Mini 2 hasn't had sufficient CPU performance to manage the video decoding demands of DJI GO since early GO v4.1.x. Exactly the symptoms you describe, so I upgraded my iPad to an Air 2 and all good. But you say it's been OK previously for you? Go figure...
Have you tried another app, like Litchi?

Yeah, I’m sure it’s stretching the capability of the iPad mini 2.
Just bugs me that I have a dedicated iPad purchased just for the P4P and DJI’s update rendered it useless with updates and still lists it as recommended devices.

It did work great before along with an old original iPad LTE.
2018-1-13
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

Firmware 01.05.0301 working ok.
2018-1-13
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sebi Posted at 2018-1-13 08:06
Firmware 01.05.0301 working ok.

1) Did it fix the camera issues?

2) Hows the flight performance so far?

Thanks!
2018-1-13
Use props
Hazy Jay
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have the firmware 1.05.0300 and the latest app version of Go. I flew today for the first time using a Samsung S8 and had no noticeable issues other than forgetting I'd left camera in manual. I hope to go out again tomorrow and during the week to do longer flights and farther distances.
2018-1-13
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-12 00:43
It is a new beta and the version is  V.1.05.0301.

Ok. Finally was able to test fly with Beta 01.05031.
Same “Week Image Transmission” errors as before. Also got disconnects after minimizing the app and Compass Redundant errors, and one Main Board malfunction error.

Tried first on an iPad Mini 2, then on an iPhone 6S Plus.
All apps & iOS have been updated, no other apps running.
IMU then compass calibration done before flight.

Was working much better with 01.04.0602 but did get some week signal warnings until I took off with that version.
2018-1-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-10 22:40
I've received your message in PM, thanks! The latest beta firmware will be available in your DJI Account soon. Appreciate your feedback.

Hi DJI Susan. Can you provide me with access to the latest beta please. My email address PM'ed to you. Also access to .700 for my P4 would also be tremendously appreciated. I note you’ve been terrific at arranging that also. Thanks
2018-1-13
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-9 03:46
Could you PM us the email address when you contacted our online support? Regarding the image transmission issue, I'll forward to our engineers for double check.

This is a screenshot using the Beta firmware and an iPhone 6s Plus. It didn’t matter if it was directly overhead or not.  (The map is intentional and not an aberration.)

2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-13 13:10
Ok. Finally was able to test fly with Beta 01.05031.
Same “Week Image Transmission” errors as before. Also got disconnects after minimizing the app and Compass Redundant errors, and one Main Board malfunction error.

Tom, thanks for keeping us updated. Just to verify, you can still get the live video when the "Weak Image Transmission" appears, right? How far will the live video lost totally? Please help us confirm, we'd like to see whether it is misinformation or whether it can be figured out remotely. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

johan milani Posted at 2018-1-12 04:49
Hello Susan, i check under dji 4.0 profil and your beta firmware is not avalaible for moment under my profil,i have always 01.05.0300 and not 01.05.0301

Have you tried to login your account in DJI Assistant 2? If still not, I'll double check with the team in the working day later.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hazy Jay Posted at 2018-1-12 06:06
Can someone clarify for me which firmware is buggy please?

My phantom when connected to assistant says my FW is 1.05.0300DJI Go is 4.1.22

Jay, confirm that you've got the latest official firmware. The beta we talked here is trying to fix the 180 degree inverted image transmission. If you have the similar issue, please contact us. Sorry for the confusion.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bulcsú Posted at 2018-1-12 06:14
Hy Dji Susan!
I have the same problem. I am asking for a beta firmware.

Bulcsú, could you be more specific of your main issue? Please refer my reply in 51# and confirm, I'd like to see whether we can help.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-12 06:51
Im so super happy that the little drone man inside me today said go to the forums and see if anyone is having issues with the firmware upgrade........ DAM Im going to buy my little drone man inside me a few drinks for that advice  !  OH and my little drone man also told me to tell DJI  to GET THE SHeTTY firmware right before releasing to the public WTF DJI !!!!!
Yo DJI  I see you still have the problematic firmware still available for upgrade  Sorry but it would look to me that if you were having issues with it with all the complaints you would have pulled it off the DJi assistant by now  

Sir, we are so sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what's your main issue of the latest firmware? We'd like to help.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-13 13:37
Hi DJI Susan. Can you provide me with access to the latest beta please. My email address PM'ed to you. Also access to .700 for my P4 would also be tremendously appreciated. I note you’ve been terrific at arranging that also. Thanks

Punchbuggy, I've received your message in PM, thanks! The P4P beta will be available one working day later. As for the 700 beta of P4, I'm sorry it is only available for the users who received the emails, hope for your understanding.
2018-1-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-13 20:15
Punchbuggy, I've received your message in PM, thanks! The P4P beta will be available one working day later. As for the 700 beta of P4, I'm sorry it is only available for the users who received the emails, hope for your understanding.

OK - thanks DJI Susan. Re .700, I'd assumed DJI have loosened access to it given this thread, but OK. It sounds like a winner, so I hope DJI release it soon.
2018-1-13
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

The beta firmware image is not inverted. But there are problems with video transmission ( iPad Air 2, iOS  11.2.2).  On android 6 (Huawei P8) there are no problems with video transmission.
2018-1-14
Use props
giorgos1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 273757 ft

Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-13 20:15
Punchbuggy, I've received your message in PM, thanks! The P4P beta will be available one working day later. As for the 700 beta of P4, I'm sorry it is only available for the users who received the emails, hope for your understanding.

Hi DJI Susan.I have sent a personal message to take and I have it new beta firmware for p4p.Thank you.
2018-1-14
Use props
roland fly-boy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733402 ft
United States

I just downgraded as well.
2018-1-14
Use props
giorgos1966
lvl.4

Greece

roland fly-boy Posted at 2018-1-14 07:35
I just downgraded as well.

Downgraded only AC firmware (0602).Dji go 4 you have 4.1.22? Will you keep it?
2018-1-14
Use props
Steppdroid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31998 ft
Italy

@DJI Susan

HI
I have many problem with the new firmware. Could you send the beta version on my account : giordano.stefano1995@gmail.com
thanks' u
2018-1-14
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-13 20:01
Tom, thanks for keeping us updated. Just to verify, you can still get the live video when the "Weak Image Transmission" appears, right? How far will the live video lost totally? Please help us confirm, we'd like to see whether it is misinformation or whether it can be figured out remotely. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

The video feed doesn’t drop out totally. It drops out partially, and freezes on movement, like a lag, then catches up.

Also noticed that it does completely drop out and disconnect if you switch to another app momentarily, leaving DJI Go running in the background. Unplugging  and plugging back on the cable from the iPad to remote fixed that during flight.
2018-1-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-14 17:06
The video feed doesn’t drop out totally. It drops out partially, and freezes on movement, like a lag, then catches up.

Also noticed that it does completely drop out and disconnect if you switch to another app momentarily, leaving DJI Go running in the background. Unplugging  and plugging back on the cable from the iPad to remote fixed that during flight.

Tom, you're not still persisting with the poor Mini 2, are you?
Otherwise the disconnect when GO is in the background could be due to Background App Refresh (under settings) being disabled, but I note that someone else has reported this behaviour too.
2018-1-14
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168891 ft
United States

I loaded the "Christmas Package" of "coal" into the P4P"+" system and flew for about a minute or two in my backyard first running through some xyz axis controlled maneuvers as I always do following a new update; just 20 feet above the controller. Satisfied that it did those initial maneuvers I began a climb input and after climbing to about 40 foot it went into RTH mode autonomously! I tried to clear the command and the bird would not accept any commands from the controller. I did a reboot while the bird was GPS-locked just above my roof gutters; as it came to a stop "sensing" the obstacle (roof). I tried rebooting the controller. Checked the battery status of the bird for which I could read about 2 green bars lit up, and the proximity alarms beeping away. I then grabbed a ladder and a stick of 8' PVC pipe and tried to manipulate the bird - which I could barely reach touching the landing skids, to move it away from the roof line - but it would not let me skid it away; the motors were still generating quite a bit of thrust and while GPS locked, was not going anywhere. I saw the last bar of power lit and thought to grab some packing blankets I had in the garage so that I could use them to pad the hard impending landing, maybe even try to catch it once the flight pack depleted. Minutes would pass and I stood on the ladder with a blanket draped over my arms hoping for a safe capture of the dead PHANTOM. The props stopped, it fell into my blanketed arms, and I stepped off the ladder safely!

I then went into my office and rolled back the update. and and turned off the wifi on the bird. Tested the old update and everything was fine again...

Here is a snap from today
2018-1-14
Use props
giorgos1966
lvl.4

Greece

Please and me new firmware beta ( rousetis66@gmail.com ) Thank you.
2018-1-14
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I have the same issue :s
2018-1-15
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I have the same issue :s with my p4p i dont know what to do
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sebi Posted at 2018-1-14 00:28
The beta firmware image is not inverted. But there are problems with video transmission ( iPad Air 2, iOS  11.2.2).  On android 6 (Huawei P8) there are no problems with video transmission.

According to your description, it looks like the misinformation of the IOS APP. I've forwarded to our engineers for double check. We will come back if there is any update.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

giorgos1966 Posted at 2018-1-14 06:42
Hi DJI Susan.I have sent a personal message to take and I have it new beta firmware for p4p.Thank you.

I've received your message in PM, thanks! The beta will be available one working day, please check later.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, the new P4P beta we mentioned here only fix the revert image transmission issue. Could you be more specific of your main issue in a new thread? I'd like to check the exact status and see whether I can help.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mafia16 Posted at 2018-1-15 02:02
I have the same issue :s with my p4p i dont know what to do

Mafia, please leave your DJI Account here, I'd like to help you get the beta and check later.
2018-1-15
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Steelinox Posted at 2018-1-14 18:27
I loaded the "Christmas Package" of "coal" into the P4P"+" system and flew for about a minute or two in my backyard first running through some xyz axis controlled maneuvers as I always do following a new update; just 20 feet above the controller. Satisfied that it did those initial maneuvers I began a climb input and after climbing to about 40 foot it went into RTH mode autonomously! I tried to clear the command and the bird would not accept any commands from the controller. I did a reboot while the bird was GPS-locked just above my roof gutters; as it came to a stop "sensing" the obstacle (roof). I tried rebooting the controller. Checked the battery status of the bird for which I could read about 2 green bars lit up, and the proximity alarms beeping away. I then grabbed a ladder and a stick of 8' PVC pipe and tried to manipulate the bird - which I could barely reach touching the landing skids, to move it away from the roof line - but it would not let me skid it away; the motors were still generating quite a bit of thrust and while GPS locked, was not going anywhere. I saw the last bar of power lit and thought to grab some packing blankets I had in the garage so that I could use them to pad the hard impending landing, maybe even try to catch it once the flight pack depleted. Minutes would pass and I stood on the ladder with a blanket draped over my arms hoping for a safe capture of the dead PHANTOM. The props stopped, it fell into my blanketed arms, and I stepped off the ladder safely!

I then went into my office and rolled back the update. and and turned off the wifi on the bird. Tested the old update and everything was fine again...

Sorry but LMAO, can visualize it.

Just wondering why you didn't switch to Atti and fly it free or disable the OA system for a while?

Better luck with next release.
2018-1-15
Use props
giorgos1966
lvl.4

Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-15 02:13
I've received your message in PM, thanks! The beta will be available one working day, please check later.

Τhank you Dji Suzan
2018-1-15
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-15 02:20
Mafia, please leave your DJI Account here, I'd like to help you get the beta and check later.

danieldepena@me.com
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Copy that, the beta will be available soon, please check later.
2018-1-15
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-14 17:12
Tom, you're not still persisting with the poor Mini 2, are you?
Otherwise the disconnect when GO is in the background could be due to Background App Refresh (under settings) being disabled, but I note that someone else has reported this behaviour too.

LOL. Yes, I am.  Before the update even an original Pad Air LTE from 2013 worked great.

Thanks for the tip since I did turn off background app refresh for most apps.
I may have gotten the Beta working tonight. I’ll test tomorrow.
2018-1-16
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-13 20:13
Sir, we are so sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what's your main issue of the latest firmware? We'd like to help.

Dji susan

Did you read the thread?  I came on the forum to check to see if the latest firmwire was ok to upgrade too but as it looks  as if the new firmwire (as always ) has major issues..... why do you still have this firmwire aviable if its problematic ?
2018-1-16
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-10 22:40
I've received your message in PM, thanks! The latest beta firmware will be available in your DJI Account soon. Appreciate your feedback.

Tried updating firmware again and again. Same results.
I installed Litchi on the same iPad Mini 2 as an experiment . Litchi works great as long as Hardware Decoding is disabled.
There is no longer that option I DJI Go 4.

Another issue I discovered is that DJI Go 4 completely disconnects the remote if you momentarily open another app after hitting the Home button.

My iPad Mini2 has most apps deleted, background app refresh is disabled on all apps that allow (not an option for DJI Go 4).

Can you please get a definitive answer from the engineers if an iPad Mini 2 is still supported.
2018-1-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-16 10:46
Tried updating firmware again and again. Same results.
I installed Litchi on the same iPad Mini 2 as an experiment . Litchi works great as long as Hardware Decoding is disabled.
There is no longer that option I DJI Go 4.

Actually Tom, my thinking was that Background App Refresh should be On - and it must be the global setting On, as DJI GO 4 doesn't have it's own ability to toggle it (unlike apps like Litchi and Hangar360). It's possible that with it Off, when your hitting the Home button and it's putting the GO 4 app into the background, it's resources are being dropped.

Anyway, I've long given up on the Mini 2 with GO 4. It simply can't handle the video decoding demands. IMHO it's only on the supported list because DJI don't maintain a CPU baseline for their app which they can check against a CPU rating, so without testing each platform they have no way of actually knowing.
2018-1-16
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-16 13:07
Actually Tom, my thinking was that Background App Refresh should be On - and it must be the global setting On, as DJI GO 4 doesn't have it's own ability to toggle it (unlike apps like Litchi and Hangar360). It's possible that with it Off, when your hitting the Home button and it's putting the GO 4 app into the background, it's resources are being dropped.

Anyway, I've long given up on the Mini 2 with GO 4. It simply can't handle the video decoding demands. IMHO it's only on the supported list because DJI don't maintain a CPU baseline for their app which they can check against a CPU rating, so without testing each platform they have no way of actually knowing.

It just peeves me that the previous firmware worked great, and I bought the iPad mini 2 for only the Phantom. I have a iPad Pro 10.5  but it’s so darned big and even it gets a few week signal warnings.

And for some reason some people can still use their iPad Mini’s.The last time this happened with a firmware update, it was soon followed by a DJI Go 4 update that remedied the problems.  

At this point I just want to get it working good enough to sell. I’ve had enough of this retirement hobby misadventure.
2018-1-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-16 16:37
It just peeves me that the previous firmware worked great, and I bought the iPad mini 2 for only the Phantom. I have a iPad Pro 10.5  but it’s so darned big and even it gets a few week signal warnings.

And for some reason some people can still use their iPad Mini’s.

Hey, Tom, stay with it. It's actually a great hardware platform. It's just that the firmware and app seem to not always "click". Not sure why, as the hardware should be identical, but it's true that some people have great success whereas others don't. But I do believe there's no point persisting with the Mini 2 unless you plan to continue using Litchi. I use an Air 2 and an iPhone 7 now.

Do you know anyone else in your area who can go through every aspect of an upgrade and device tuning with you? Sometimes it just gets to that time where you need a "free radical" to see if there's another way of doing it. It's like golf - I thought I knew how to get around a course OK, until someone pointed out my cr@p swing.
2018-1-16
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules