9688 162 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-10 22:40
I've received your message in PM, thanks! The latest beta firmware will be available in your DJI Account soon. Appreciate your feedback.

Tried updating firmware again and again. Same results.
I installed Litchi on the same iPad Mini 2 as an experiment . Litchi works great as long as Hardware Decoding is disabled.
There is no longer that option I DJI Go 4.

Another issue I discovered is that DJI Go 4 completely disconnects the remote if you momentarily open another app after hitting the Home button.

My iPad Mini2 has most apps deleted, background app refresh is disabled on all apps that allow (not an option for DJI Go 4).

Can you please get a definitive answer from the engineers if an iPad Mini 2 is still supported.
2018-1-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-16 10:46
Tried updating firmware again and again. Same results.
I installed Litchi on the same iPad Mini 2 as an experiment . Litchi works great as long as Hardware Decoding is disabled.
There is no longer that option I DJI Go 4.

Actually Tom, my thinking was that Background App Refresh should be On - and it must be the global setting On, as DJI GO 4 doesn't have it's own ability to toggle it (unlike apps like Litchi and Hangar360). It's possible that with it Off, when your hitting the Home button and it's putting the GO 4 app into the background, it's resources are being dropped.

Anyway, I've long given up on the Mini 2 with GO 4. It simply can't handle the video decoding demands. IMHO it's only on the supported list because DJI don't maintain a CPU baseline for their app which they can check against a CPU rating, so without testing each platform they have no way of actually knowing.
2018-1-16
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-16 13:07
Actually Tom, my thinking was that Background App Refresh should be On - and it must be the global setting On, as DJI GO 4 doesn't have it's own ability to toggle it (unlike apps like Litchi and Hangar360). It's possible that with it Off, when your hitting the Home button and it's putting the GO 4 app into the background, it's resources are being dropped.

Anyway, I've long given up on the Mini 2 with GO 4. It simply can't handle the video decoding demands. IMHO it's only on the supported list because DJI don't maintain a CPU baseline for their app which they can check against a CPU rating, so without testing each platform they have no way of actually knowing.

It just peeves me that the previous firmware worked great, and I bought the iPad mini 2 for only the Phantom. I have a iPad Pro 10.5  but it’s so darned big and even it gets a few week signal warnings.

And for some reason some people can still use their iPad Mini’s.The last time this happened with a firmware update, it was soon followed by a DJI Go 4 update that remedied the problems.  

At this point I just want to get it working good enough to sell. I’ve had enough of this retirement hobby misadventure.
2018-1-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-16 16:37
It just peeves me that the previous firmware worked great, and I bought the iPad mini 2 for only the Phantom. I have a iPad Pro 10.5  but it’s so darned big and even it gets a few week signal warnings.

And for some reason some people can still use their iPad Mini’s.

Hey, Tom, stay with it. It's actually a great hardware platform. It's just that the firmware and app seem to not always "click". Not sure why, as the hardware should be identical, but it's true that some people have great success whereas others don't. But I do believe there's no point persisting with the Mini 2 unless you plan to continue using Litchi. I use an Air 2 and an iPhone 7 now.

Do you know anyone else in your area who can go through every aspect of an upgrade and device tuning with you? Sometimes it just gets to that time where you need a "free radical" to see if there's another way of doing it. It's like golf - I thought I knew how to get around a course OK, until someone pointed out my cr@p swing.
2018-1-16
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168891 ft
United States

DJI, lets do this - if it aint broke and ya really don't have anything to enhance the birds then ya just got to find other things for these programmers and software engineers to do - cause this whole "update" thing needs to go away - can't you give these people something else more to do worthy of what their skills command? Other than programming minuscule useless things; why not "fix" issues and not bundle them into the "update" that way users can pick and chose what they want to fix with their respective birds.

Its not rocket science.
2018-1-16
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-16 16:49
Hey, Tom, stay with it. It's actually a great hardware platform. It's just that the firmware and app seem to not always "click". Not sure why, as the hardware should be identical, but it's true that some people have great success whereas others don't. But I do believe there's no point persisting with the Mini 2 unless you plan to continue using Litchi. I use an Air 2 and an iPhone 7 now.

Do you know anyone else in your area who can go through every aspect of an upgrade and device tuning with you? Sometimes it just gets to that time where you need a "free radical" to see if there's another way of doing it. It's like golf - I thought I knew how to get around a course OK, until someone pointed out my cr@p swing.

Good idea, but I live in a very small coastal town. Nobody I know of for tweaking & tuning. But I have read more threads on internet & Facebook than I have ever should have to about this stuff.  Can’t really justify spending any more money, or time, on this.
But thanks.
2018-1-16
Use props
Szigligeti7
New
Hungary

Hi Dji Susan!
I have the same problem. Firmware v01.05.300 is bad. I am asking for a beta firmware.

My DJI account: fmiszolnok@icloud.com

Thanks!
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_zGhuihX
New
United States

Just updated firmware as well and relinked and the drone is unflyable. Cycling through transmission signals and keeps dropping the connection. Please update, or provide link to install/revert firmware outside of the app.
2018-1-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_zGhuihX Posted at 2018-1-17 13:53
Just updated firmware as well and relinked and the drone is unflyable. Cycling through transmission signals and keeps dropping the connection. Please update, or provide link to install/revert firmware outside of the app.

You can refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on a PC or Mac connected to aircraft via USB. I believe Assistant 2 might also update the P4P controller (not the +).

2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-16 05:41
Dji susan

Did you read the thread?  I came on the forum to check to see if the latest firmwire was ok to upgrade too but as it looks  as if the new firmwire (as always ) has major issues..... why do you still have this firmwire aviable if its problematic ?

May I know which drone do you refer? Be more specific of the main issue, we'd like to try our best to help.
2018-1-18
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-3 23:46
Hi Tom, may I know what's the current OS and APP version? Please kindly offer a short video if applicable, we'd like to look into it.

Seems I finally got the Beta 01.05.0301 working.
I’ve tried updating & downgrading numerous times with both the controller iPad and with a PC.
:
Had the Beta on board & was having lots of video feed & signal problems.

Weird solution though:
1. Everything turned on as usual.
2. Format SD card in DJI Go 4.
3. Downgrade firmware using Assistant on a laptop.
4. Updated firmware to the using Assistant on Laptop.
5. Restarted everything.
6. Format SD card again.

Found this in my notes from a couple updates ago.

Did a 15 minute test flight. No signal or video feed problems.
Haven’t tested everything of course, but the major problems seem to be resolved.
Even with Cache while video recording turned ON, my iPad Mini 2 was fine on this test flight.

2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-20 11:47
Seems I finally got the Beta 01.05.0301 working.
I’ve tried updating & downgrading numerous times with both the controller iPad and with a PC.
:

Anyway, I'm glad to hear this. Please keep us updated of the latest progress, thank you so much!
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Szigligeti7 Posted at 2018-1-17 13:07
Hi Dji Susan!
I have the same problem. Firmware v01.05.300 is bad. I am asking for a beta firmware.

The beta has been available in your account, please login your Account in DJI Assistant 2 and check later.
2018-1-22
Use props
scaredtodeath
lvl.1
United States

We fly a P3s and a Spark with a $99 Samsung tablet and another Spark with a $90 8" Lenovo tablet, all three with excellent results.
2018-1-23
Use props
scaredtodeath
lvl.1
United States

The DJI goggles, as well as the built in viewer in the Phantom 4 Pro + controller are Android driven, I wonder if DJI is giving programming preference to Android devices versus iOS.
2018-1-23
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Brazil

Hi DJI Susan.

I'm having the disconnection issue between my P4P an RC after upgrade. I have tried hard reset, downgrade, upgrade again, on both RC an AC with no success.
I would like to try the beta firmware. Can you send to me??
My account is: drmilanez@yahoo.com.br
Is there a beta for the remote too? I fell the problem is more related to RC.
Thanks for attention,
2018-1-27
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-22 23:35
The beta has been available in your account, please login your Account in DJI Assistant 2 and check later.

Hi, can you please add me to the P4P beta list? Johndouglaspark@gmail.com
2018-1-28
Use props
jasonjlee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567946 ft
United States

Hi,

Can you also send to: jasonlee0916@gmail.com
I would love to try out the beta.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jasonjlee Posted at 2018-1-28 08:38
Hi,

Can you also send to:

Hi Jason, the beta is now available to your account, please check and see if it helps. Thank you.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

gyrex Posted at 2018-1-28 03:08
Hi, can you please add me to the P4P beta list?

The beta is forwarded, please check your account, let me know if you haven't received it, thank you.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Adriano Milanez Posted at 2018-1-27 08:35
Hi DJI Susan.

I'm having the disconnection issue between my P4P an RC after upgrade. I have tried hard reset, downgrade, upgrade again, on both RC an AC with no success.

Hi Adriano, had you tried to relink the RC and AC if they were disconnected? If you haven't, please first try to update the firmware to the latest version and link the drone and RC again. Please let me know if it doesn't work.
2018-1-29
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

Hi Susan and Thor
I am having a problem with the last firmware update also.  Could I get the beta firmware. I would prefer trying the beta firmware before downgrading to older one if the beta would possible fix the problem.
My email is johannes@digi-film.is
2018-1-29
Use props
fansf65df67c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1251453 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi

I took the plunge and updated everything. To my surprise I am not having one issue. Everything is working, no weak signals, no inverted image. I use the app on android, though I suspect issues reported are on the craft rather than the app. So it appears that these issues must be restricted to particular models/batches of the P4P. I bought mine around August last year

Roger
2018-1-29
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-29 01:57
Hi Adriano, had you tried to relink the RC and AC if they were disconnected? If you haven't, please first try to update the firmware to the latest version and link the drone and RC again. Please let me know if it doesn't work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKa8F1rsx-o&index=12&list=PL8-vxWY64sBM-fOkD1ld-66C51JRCMnat

Yes, Thor. I did try. After the update, I experienced a very week connection, impossible to fly. I reconnected the RC, with no success. Then I tried downgrade, hard reset with reload firmware latest and previous.. nothing worked. Now,  my RC show no signal on channels, unable to connect. It's a brand new P4P.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Adriano Milanez Posted at 2018-1-29 10:26
Yes, Thor. I did try. After the update, I experienced a very week connection, impossible to fly. I reconnected the RC, with no success. Then I tried downgrade, hard reset with reload firmware latest and previous.. nothing worked. Now,  my RC show no signal on channels, unable to connect. It's a brand new P4P.

Hi, I saw your another moment in another post. If relink doesn't help, provide me with the info that I asked in the other post for a better help. Thank you so much.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JoiCam Posted at 2018-1-29 06:21
Hi Susan and Thor
I am having a problem with the last firmware update also.  Could I get the beta firmware. I would prefer trying the beta firmware before downgrading to older one if the beta would possible fix the problem.
My email is johannes@digi-film.is

Hi Joi, the beta has been provided, please check your account. Thank you.
2018-1-31
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5945 ft
Portugal

Hello Susan

It's possible you add the last 301 beta to my Assistant 2 ?
I have P4P+ and 180º issue
2018-1-31
Use props
Theo Brazeiro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 541 ft
Brazil

Hi,

Can you also send to: theomb@gmail.com
I would love to try out the beta.

Tks.
2018-1-31
Use props
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 Android 5.0.2 exclusively with the P4P. WiFi is turned off - things are completely offline. No external source of interference - no mobile phone coverage and nearest power line (3 kV) is several kms away. I had up to now zero problems with this setup. I do always record the video transmission to the cache - it used to be perfect.
I have updated to:
Aircraft 01.05.0300, RC 01.04.01.00, App version 4.2.4.
I did not notice any issues with the functioning of the drone or any of the intelligent flight modes (the new pano function is fantastic).
However I have now an ongoing problem with the video transmission display (recording on the SD card is fine). The real time display gets frequently interrupted, distorted or completely overlaid with green or purple stripes.  The display freezes and after resuming there may be several smearing pictures simultaneously. On one occasion was the real time display interrupted and  frames which have been recorded  in the cache several minutes before popped up. The real time display resumed afterwards. The distance to the drone can be as little as one meter or hundreds. The corruptions are recorded in the cache (if the recording option is selected)
I have tried:
refreshing the app and firmware
changing transmission bands and transmission bit rate
turning cache recording off
disabling hardware acceleration in Android
and of course antenna orientation.
What else can be tried?
I do not think that it is an issue with the tablet because it worked flawless before.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RSS Posted at 2018-1-31 02:06
Hello Susan

It's possible you add the last 301 beta to my Assistant 2 ?

Hi there, I received your PM, the beta has forwarded, please check your account and update the beta. Let me know if you haven't got it. Thank you.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Theo Brazeiro Posted at 2018-1-31 09:49
Hi,

Can you also send to:

Theo, the beta is now available to your account, please check and update it. Thank you.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Theo Brazeiro Posted at 2018-1-31 09:49
Hi,

Can you also send to:

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the designated team to add you in.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

oldhasbeen Posted at 2018-2-1 00:20
I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 Android 5.0.2 exclusively with the P4P. WiFi is turned off - things are completely offline. No external source of interference - no mobile phone coverage and nearest power line (3 kV) is several kms away. I had up to now zero problems with this setup. I do always record the video transmission to the cache - it used to be perfect.
I have updated to:

Hi there, have you tried to fly in another environment? Please try to change another open wide place, and if it is possible, change another mobile device to do the troubleshooting. If the issue disappears, then it might relate to the environment or the incompatibility. If the issue persists, please kindly provide me with the screenshots of the HD settings and the firmware info (General Settings--About). But if the drone was crashed or had hard landing before, you might need to send the drone in for an overall check. Please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I have updated to:

Sir, may I know what's the distance when the interrupted image appears? Have you tried to switch to 5.8GHz? I do not indicate that it's the tablet issue, but changing another recommended mobile device will be helpful to locate the exact reason. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-2-1
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 02:29
Hi there, I received your PM, the beta has forwarded, please check your account and update the beta. Let me know if you haven't got it. Thank you.

Thanks Thor !

The beta v301 is only to fix the issue with video inverting when the cammera is straight down, right ?

Any preview date for a new P4P firmware release that can correct all the last detected issues, like connection drops ?
2018-2-1
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 02:29

Hi Thor

Please verify

No beta 301 yet in Assistant 2

2018-2-1
Use props
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 02:39
Hi there, have you tried to fly in another environment? Please try to change another open wide place, and if it is possible, change another mobile device to do the troubleshooting. If the issue disappears, then it might relate to the environment or the incompatibility. If the issue persists, please kindly provide me with the screenshots of the HD settings and the firmware info (General Settings--About). But if the drone was crashed or had hard landing before, you might need to send the drone in for an overall check. Please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support

Hi Thor and Susan,
I have operated the drone today with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (not in flight mode but full cellular service) where the app version 4.1.22 is installed (taken from apk mirror some time ago). There were very few corruptions with the live video feed and I was about to concede that the tablet I am using was not compatible indeed.
Just to confirm this (tragedy for me) I connected again to the Galaxy Tab A (no cellular capability and no WiFi enabled therefore completely autonomous.. When the DJI Go 4 app connected to the drone and did the firmware check a warning popped up stating that there was a firmware mismatch and whether I want to update - which I did (remember - everything was offline). The procedure went very fast (few seconds) and I am not sure what was updated. I did then a rather intense active tracking session followed by two spherical panos and went then to an altitude of 250 m (is legally not kosher but my area is far off any airport or flight route) and went to a distance of almost 2 km where I swerved deliberately into an area knowing that I would lose connection. It did happen and the flight log (and the SD video) shows clearly that the drone back traced to the last connected position but the reconnection was too patchy and the RTH sequence took place. It landed precise at the starting point. The live view was perfect throughout (except when there was signal loss). I did not record the live feed to the cache and will do further tests (with cached live feeds) next week. Up to now things look very good.
What puzzles me is the fact that I have operated the drone probably 30 times after the last upgrade with this tablet and never any firmware mismatch message popped up. This happened only after I had it running (once) with the Note 3.
2018-2-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

oldhasbeen Posted at 2018-2-1 23:47
Hi Thor and Susan,
I have operated the drone today with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (not in flight mode but full cellular service) where the app version 4.1.22 is installed (taken from apk mirror some time ago). There were very few corruptions with the live video feed and I was about to concede that the tablet I am using was not compatible indeed.
Just to confirm this (tragedy for me) I connected again to the Galaxy Tab A (no cellular capability and no WiFi enabled therefore completely autonomous.. When the DJI Go 4 app connected to the drone and did the firmware check a warning popped up stating that there was a firmware mismatch and whether I want to update - which I did (remember - everything was offline). The procedure went very fast (few seconds) and I am not sure what was updated. I did then a rather intense active tracking session followed by two spherical panos and went then to an altitude of 250 m (is legally not kosher but my area is far off any airport or flight route) and went to a distance of almost 2 km where I swerved deliberately into an area knowing that I would lose connection. It did happen and the flight log (and the SD video) shows clearly that the drone back traced to the last connected position but the reconnection was too patchy and the RTH sequence took place. It landed precise at the starting point. The live view was perfect throughout (except when there was signal loss). I did not record the live feed to the cache and will do further tests (with cached live feeds) next week. Up to now things look very good.

My bet is that you're using even a new battery or a battery you have not used since the FW upgrade, this will result in this mismatch message.
The good thing is that the upgrade of battery fw only takes a short time.
2018-2-2
Use props
tvomfell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95236 ft
United States

Hi DJI Susan, I would also like to be added the the beta for my P4P.   tonyv@avtool.com

Thank you

Tony V
2018-2-2
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Brazil

I have updated to:

Same problem as mine and many people! A lot of posts about that you can search. But still no solution!
Support told me by phone, there's no solution and should be send for repair!
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules