Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hurricane Harvey Flood-Damaged Cars
1135 16 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasAerials
First Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

After Harvey, I heard about some places where the flooded cars were being taken to be evaluated by insurance adjusters nearby, and decided to head out one day and take some drone footage of the cars.  I was surprised at the expanse of cars that I found there.  I emailed a writer for Jalopnik and my pictures and footage ended up being used on a few news stations and another car blog.  

I finally had the time over the holidays to put the footage together and uploaded it to youtube, hope you enjoy.  

2018-1-2
Use props
Sidd Finch
First Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

WOW that is a heck of a lot of cars. I bet it is only a small dent in the total number of cars impacted by the flood. Video is a sad reminder but sure looks cool from the air. Thanks for sharing.

Sidd
2018-1-2
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7441 ft
United Kingdom

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-1-2 16:11
WOW that is a heck of a lot of cars. I bet it is only a small dent in the total number of cars impacted by the flood. Video is a sad reminder but sure looks cool from the air. Thanks for sharing.

Sidd

As Sidd said....Wow!
2018-1-2
Use props
LeeWireless
Second Officer
United States

Excellent footage.  
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
China

like all the cars in world there
2018-1-2
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-1-2 16:11
WOW that is a heck of a lot of cars. I bet it is only a small dent in the total number of cars impacted by the flood. Video is a sad reminder but sure looks cool from the air. Thanks for sharing.

Sidd

Word is that the raceway will hold 100,000 cars, and there were about 500,000 cars destroyed in the floods.
2018-1-2
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
United States

Here is one of the blogs that used my photos, they embedded an instagram post which had a follow button in it, my followers went from about 160 to over 300 in a week, it was crazy.  

http://www.thedrive.com/watch-th ... arvey?iid=sr-link10
2018-1-3
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing footage and yet sad for the owners of those vehicles
2018-1-3
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow! One thought does come to mind, if you buy a used car, check Carfax or some other auto history method. A lot of the cars will end up on used car lots across the country and have hidden damage.
2018-1-3
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Simply put .. WOW
2018-1-3
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-3 10:25
Wow! One thought does come to mind, if you buy a used car, check Carfax or some other auto history method. A lot of the cars will end up on used car lots across the country and have hidden damage.

All of the cars at these lots are supposed to be going to salvage only.  really sad for some of the classic cars, since they won't have the same hidden problems from the flood once cleaned up.  It looks like there was and entire classic car collection at the spot near Columbus.  
2018-1-3
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-1-3 11:34
All of the cars at these lots are supposed to be going to salvage only.  really sad for some of the classic cars, since they won't have the same hidden problems from the flood once cleaned up.  It looks like there was and entire classic car collection at the spot near Columbus.

I remember reading in the news where a bunch of folks all over the country got ripped off in the months following Hurricane Katrina. Really sad what some people will do for a buck.
2018-1-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Very impressive footage thank you for sharing! But I feel sad for the cars...
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

Wow. Do you know the total number of the cars? I wonder how insurance adjusters find the one they have to evaluate.
2018-1-7
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-7 20:22
Wow. Do you know the total number of the cars? I wonder how insurance adjusters find the one they have to evaluate.

The racetrack in Baytown (first part of the video) will supposedly hold up to 100,000 cars, and still had room to spare, so there were probably between 60-80,000 cars there.  Another drone pilot took video at another race track in College Station which looks to have even more cars stored.  

The reported number of total cars flooded during Harvey was 500,000.  
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-1-8 10:52
The racetrack in Baytown (first part of the video) will supposedly hold up to 100,000 cars, and still had room to spare, so there were probably between 60-80,000 cars there.  Another drone pilot took video at another race track in College Station which looks to have even more cars stored.  

The reported number of total cars flooded during Harvey was 500,000.

That's pretty much. Thanks for telling us.
2018-1-12
Use props
CharlieZ
Captain
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

That's so sad
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules