Ronin 2 with Lightbridge 2
4158 9 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wattybotts
lvl.2
United States

Hello,
I'm looking to connect my Ronin 2 to a drone that is equipped with an A3 & Lightbridge 2. DJI shows on page 36 of the manual that it is possible, but then their instructions don't quite make sense.

#1 The manual states to connect the R2's 14.4v power/accessory port to the A3 flight controller. OK, how do I do this? What kind of cable would I use? Why would I do this? I already have flight batteries powering the Ronin 2 and already have onboard gimbal batteries powering the R2, so what is the purpose of this?

#2 The manual states to connect the R2's CAN port to Lightbridge. Maybe I'm missing something, but the R2 doesn't have a CAN port on the gimbal. Or does it? Again, what cable and connection would this be? Are they referring to the DBus port? If they are indeed referring to the CAN bus port, the only CAN bus port on the entire R2 is on the controller, which wouldn't really help us, seeing that the controller is on the ground and the gimbal is in the air.

Any help here?

Thanks!
2018-1-2
Use props
yanouli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789150 ft
France

Helloi have the same problem to connect the ronin 2 to lightbridge and a3, do you find a solution? thanks
2018-2-18
Use props
yanouli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789150 ft
France

yanouli Posted at 2018-2-18 07:29
Helloi have the same problem to connect the ronin 2 to lightbridge and a3, do you find a solution? thanks

there is this cable to connect to a3 https://store.dji.com/fr/product/ronin-2-can-bus-cable, but how can i connect to lightbridge 2. why use the 14,4v port to connect to a3....don't understand
2018-2-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

You would want to consider the Ronin MX instead of the Ronin 2. There are set ups with the Matrice 600 that you can use with the Ronin MX. I did not see any with the Ronin 2.
2018-2-19
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

The Ronin 2 should work well with A3, according to development department.
2018-4-15
Use props
airtakes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 623045 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-19 15:01
You would want to consider the Ronin MX instead of the Ronin 2. There are set ups with the Matrice 600 that you can use with the Ronin MX. I did not see any with the Ronin 2.

DJI- Mark As you know there is no compare from a Ronin MX to the capabilities and range of the Ronin 2,  Wattybotts application for the Ronin 2 is very unusual, he is flying it on a custom large drone, so the question is about the integration of, specificly the Ronin2, with Lightbridge 2, and A3 FC,  do you know some one with the specific knoladge that could help here  
Thanks
2018-4-15
Use props
airtakes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 623045 ft
  • >>>
United States

airtakes Posted at 2018-4-15 19:44
DJI- Mark As you know there is no compare from a Ronin MX to the capabilities and range of the Ronin 2,  Wattybotts application for the Ronin 2 is very unusual, he is flying it on a custom large drone, so the question is about the integration of, specificly the Ronin2, with Lightbridge 2, and A3 FC,  do you know some one with the specific knoladge that could help here  
Thanks

HI wattybotts perhaps this is what DJI-Mark meant take a look
2018-4-15
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

Im currently trying to do this myself, and understand your frustration. Nothing makes sense.
Did you figure it out?
2018-6-9
Use props
wattybotts
lvl.2
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2018-6-9 23:45
Im currently trying to do this myself, and understand your frustration. Nothing makes sense.
Did you figure it out?

I sure did. The Ronin 2 plugs straight into the A3 quite easily. If you want I can walk you through it - just email me: bobby@wattsinnovations.com  (I don't check this much). We got it going on our MFD 5000 aircraft:

http://wattsinnovations.com/aircraft/mfd5000/
2018-6-12
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

wattybotts Posted at 2018-6-12 02:42
I sure did. The Ronin 2 plugs straight into the A3 quite easily. If you want I can walk you through it - just email me:   (I don't check this much). We got it going on our MFD 5000 aircraft:

http://wattsinnovations.com/aircraft/mfd5000/

Thanks! i found out eventually, that the can bus cable goes into the power port on the R2, then you switch the R2 to flight mode, then it should automatically start communicating.
However, im not plugging mine into any drone, just the A3 as a standalone module.
There is no way of reading the status with it on or off.
I still have some problems calibrating the compass, the button wont react when clicking it.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules