12Next >
28160 54 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7ab9e6d5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7434 ft
Malaysia

My final 'complete' (rendered) using video editor is laggy, any advise?  Device: iPhone X / iPad Air 3, latest iOS and DJI Go 4 version.  I love my new DJI Spark & the DJI Go 4 App. I used the video editor to edit my first flight (added some effects, adjusted temperature, brightness, speed & etc). I love the outcome when I preview it before pressing the 'complete' button, smooth and satisfied. But no matter how many times I tried to 'complete' (final rendering), the end video is always laggy and looks like has frame rate / missing frame issue. Was first encountered this issue with my iPhone X, then I tried re-create using iPad Air 3, same result. Tried preview it on Mac, same choppy / laggy video.  Would very much appreciate if anyone can help to advise. A million thanks!

Video rendered >

PS: Special thanks to DJI team for the wonderful DJI Spark (I love the bundled features, i.e.: Gesture control, footgage quality and ease of use, mobile app very much!)
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please provide the original video. BTW, please try to use the latest version of app and edit again. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-2
Use props
JM-Drone
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi DJI Elektra, thanks for your reply. Yes, I've just manually uninstalled and re-downloaded the new updated DJI Go 4 app, and planning to re-do the video editing again. Will update here the end-result.

PS: The raw footage is smooth and beautiful, but there are too many clips to be uploaded here. Will do the re-editing (with new updated app) first. Thanks.
2018-1-2
Use props
fans65dc9935
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5410 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue. I’ve edited a few videos with no problem and now they are laggy.
2018-1-3
Use props
JM-Drone
lvl.1
Malaysia

Updates, on what I've done and the outcome:

1st step: After updated the new released DJI Go 4 (for both my iPhone X & iPad Air 3, with latest iOS 11.2.1). I tried re-render (press "complete" button), and still the same laggy and choppy result.
2nd step: Then, I uninstall/delete the app and re-download it again (also restarted device before re-download). Then I re-create the video (without footage adjustment on temperature,  brightness, speed). And render it, the end video is perfect and smooth.

3rd step: Then, I proceed to do footage fine-tunning on temperature,  brightness, speed. Also added in transition in between footage and overall video effect. And try to render it, the end rendered video becomes laggy and choppy again.

I'm giving up on this video editor. From what I've experience, the problem must be within those footage adjustment (temperature,  brightness, speed & etc) or video transition or filter effects. This is really disappointing, I do love the preview outcome and usefulness of this editor, but it doesn't seems to be stable and work as it said. After so manny days of searching around online, I can see many DJI users are affected by this issue (end rendered video laggy / choppy).

Hopefully DJI will fix this in future and will definitely give it a try again, as my support to DJI.

Thank you all.

2018-1-3
Use props
Logaen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19193 ft
Italy

I've the same problem with my iPhone 7 last iOS and last DJI Go App 4. Nothing to do ... problem still exist.
2018-1-4
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

I just got my Spark so haven't actually used the editor yet, but my guess based on your description is the issue is caused by your adjustments to "speed".  I've found this to be the case with all editing software.  
The spark is only shooting 30 fps so you don't have a lot of room to adjust frame rates.  It might be acceptable to slow the footage to 50%.  In this case it will double every frame but if you slow down less than 50% it will be doubling some frames and not others and will cause a lagging effect.   

Maybe shoot in tripod mode for slower and more cinematic footage and shoot longer scenes to you can more easily edit to music.  Don't adjust footage speed to adjust clip length.

...that's just my guess on what the problem is based on issues i've had slowing down clips in other editing software.  (GoPro app, iMovie, and Premiere Pro)
2018-1-4
Use props
semenick96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21854 ft
Canada

Same problem with iPhone 6s, latest software. I made a video I was really proud of but couldn't post it anywhere or show anyone outside of the DJi app because it looked like half of the frames were cut out. I'll stick with iMovie until this is fixed I guess
2018-1-4
Use props
JM-Drone
lvl.1
Malaysia

Outlier22 Posted at 2018-1-4 08:31
I just got my Spark so haven't actually used the editor yet, but my guess based on your description is the issue is caused by your adjustments to "speed".  I've found this to be the case with all editing software.  
The spark is only shooting 30 fps so you don't have a lot of room to adjust frame rates.  It might be acceptable to slow the footage to 50%.  In this case it will double every frame but if you slow down less than 50% it will be doubling some frames and not others and will cause a lagging effect.   

@Outlier22, Thanks for your reply. I've just removed the timing (speed) adjustment and test re-render it again. Unfortunately, same laggy & choppy video in the end.

@semenick96, Agreeable with you, is kind of sad when we cannot share with anyone the edit video we are quite proud of in the end. Hopefully DJI will fix it as soon as possible. Thanks once again.
2018-1-4
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
United States

JM-Drone Posted at 2018-1-4 19:09
@Outlier22, Thanks for your reply. I've just removed the timing (speed) adjustment and test re-render it again. Unfortunately, same laggy & choppy video in the end.

@semenick96, Agreeable with you, is kind of sad when we cannot share with anyone the edit video we are quite proud of in the end. Hopefully DJI will fix it as soon as possible. Thanks once again.

JM-Drone, I just came back to give you the same update.  I just took out my Spark and recorded some quick footage.  I edited the footage without adjusting any timing and got the same choppy footage.  So it's not you .   I think I will just export the footage from the sim card and edit in Premiere Pro - and maybe any quick edits in imovie.
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Note that the footage in the editor is taken directly from the live feed so any glitches caused by the WiFi transmission will show in the feed used in the editor. If you want smooth footage you should import the files directly from the Micro SD card to your Mac/PC and edit from there. The GO 4 app editor is really used for checks and quick uploads to social media rather than high quality footage.
2018-1-5
Use props
Logaen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19193 ft
Italy

I've the same problem with last version APP/iOS with my iPhone 7.
2018-1-8
Use props
Mr. Saúl X
New
United States

I’m having the same issue as fans7ab9e6d5.  I initially let the automated editor create my previews and once I shared them and saved the video, the previews were perfectly smooth.  However, any sort of tweaks to the clips, or importing from camera roll etc will export the video very choppy as demonstrated on the youtube video fans7ab9e6d5 posted.  Please fix this DJI!!
2018-1-9
Use props
flying_MdQ
New
Argentina

Iphone 7+ IOS 11.2.1(15C153)  . GO 4 4.1.22(3037)

this is what I get The video uploaded with glimps

and this is what I see in the app locally in my phone :  The video without glimps

Please fix this , I love the GO 4  , I really don't want to migrate to another tool!

thx in advance!
2018-1-9
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
United States

I just updated the go 4 app on iOS (using iphone 6s) and I re-created an edit using the same footage from last week where I got laggy video.  Now the video is silky smooth.  So it seems to be DJI may have just fixed this issue.   (or I just got lucky)

A CW - I agree to your point on the SD card for the best footage but I'd like the quick downloads to also render as smooth as they download to the go4 app.  just for those quick looks or post to social media.
2018-1-9
Use props
flying_MdQ
New
Argentina

Outlier22 Posted at 2018-1-9 11:28
I just updated the go 4 app on iOS (using iphone 6s) and I re-created an edit using the same footage from last week where I got laggy video.  Now the video is silky smooth.  So it seems to be DJI may have just fixed this issue.   (or I just got lucky)

A CW - I agree to your point on the SD card for the best footage but I'd like the quick downloads to also render as smooth as they download to the go4 app.  just for those quick looks or post to social media.

Yo've been lucky!

I've just reinstalled everything (loosing some videos, but anyway)  , build up a movie and the result is WORST than the previous one  ...
2018-1-9
Use props
fanscf87699e
New
United States

Has anybody been able to solve this. I too am experiencing same thing. Love this app and the on the go edits that can be done with it but way too laggy when rendered
2018-1-10
Use props
fans24d1276b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 245433 ft
Brazil

+1
That's really frustrating. My friends are expecting a video of our weekend at the beach and the final product is choppy. I love to edit in the Go App 4, I hope DJI comes up with a fix right away.

iPhone X on the latest iOS and DJI Go 4 here.
2018-1-13
Use props
fans3f8352d0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2625 ft
United States

I noticed the same laggy thing today.  I tried a number of things and combinations of things.  And yes I was working with the video clips from the SD card.

I was able to narrow it down to when I added “Violet” under the magic wand icon.  This particular movie had 5 clips.  So what I did was render the movie from the 5 clips down to a single video without using the magic wand.  I then imported the new movie into the editor and added the magic wand and music.  Result was nice smooth video.
2018-1-13
Use props
Ryan Christense
New

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-2 18:56
Hi, sir. Please provide the original video. BTW, please try to use the latest version of app and edit again. Thanks for your support.

This is a problem for me too. Tried several fixes. Nothing has worked.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ryan Christense Posted at 2018-1-21 12:09
This is a problem for me too. Tried several fixes. Nothing has worked.

Ryan, please provide me the original video for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-26
Use props
fansd5d7d45d
New
South Africa

Hi team, I do have the same problem. The output video is choppy choppy.
DJI, please can you address the issue. Thank you so much.

My original video is good with no lag.
2018-1-29
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
United States

interesting this is still going on.  I've gotten smooth video from the dji go app after an update in early Jan.  But i only edited in and out points - no color correction or other changes.  (I was using iphone 6s but just upgrade to iphone 8 plus)
2018-1-29
Use props
ESRO
New
Philippines

I think I found a solution. When editing videos using the DJI Go app editor, don't use footage from your mobile phone or any other source other than your DJI device. Second, do not edit/cut any footage from your DJI device in the iphone photo app. Everytime time I edit my drone footage and mix in a little footage from my iphone camera, the video becomes jittery. Btw I'm using an iphone 6s  2 months ago and now an Iphone X
2018-1-29
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

ESRO Posted at 2018-1-29 16:37
I think I found a solution. When editing videos using the DJI Go app editor, don't use footage from your mobile phone or any other source other than your DJI device. Second, do not edit/cut any footage from your DJI device in the iphone photo app. Everytime time I edit my drone footage and mix in a little footage from my iphone camera, the video becomes jittery. Btw I'm using an iphone 6s  2 months ago and now an Iphone X

Yep, I've experienced the exact same thing, multiple times over. Seems like if I muck with the 720p on-board footage with the DJI Go 4 editor too much (i.e, tweaking speed, brightness, contrast, etc. ) it results in a very choppy video with lots of undesirable and very noticeable artifacts. Def quick & easy compare to NLE video editing $oftware alternatives (YMMV), but with definite regrets so far in terms of achieving a really good quality edited result; hopefully the built-in SW will only get better with time. Meanwhile I popped for Adobe Premiere Elements @ $70 vs. the current "monthly subscription model" now in place for Premiere Pro (... we'll see how that works out ...).
2018-1-29
Use props
fansa6d54661
New

United States

No have the same problems. Narrowed it down to the use of any color, contrast, filters ...etc. what a shame!
DJI, what’s your plan to fix this? And when can we expect a resolution?
2018-2-18
Use props
djiuser_mhYpbGFgsGT8
lvl.1
United States

Having the same problem, spent so much time editing the footage on my phone and I got a poor quality and laggy video.  Still no resolution for this problem right?
2018-3-6
Use props
Wangta
New
United States

Come on DJI.  You don't need anyone's video - TRY IT YOURSELF!  Take any video.  Duplicate it in your editor - cut the first video in half.  Take the second video and cut it so it syncs with the first clip.  Increase the speed of the second video to 10x the speed of the first.  Play the whole edited video - it'll play fine in editor.  TRY AND EXPORT IT - It will play terribly on export.  

2018-3-7
Use props
mail83
lvl.1
United States

I can confirm same experience using an iPad Pro running latest DJI and iOS versions. Such a bummer. I made the most beautiful of videos and all for a waste of time.

The irony is that the playback in the editor is super smooth but the rendered version is so choppy it’s unwatchable. I’d be better video taping the screen on editor version from another video recording device!
2018-3-17
Use props
Simon Hodgson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I also have his problem, just cutting two videos together and pressing complete causes jerky movement from perfect sd footage on iPhone X
2018-3-18
Use props
Nikopol_TO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33911 ft
Canada

Simon Hodgson Posted at 2018-3-18 05:18
I also have his problem, just cutting two videos together and pressing complete causes jerky movement from perfect sd footage on iPhone X

Same problem
iPhone 7, spark up to the latest software and firmware, app to the latest version.
Great smooth preview, laggy and choppy result when export is completed.
2018-3-18
Use props
Leolascartas
lvl.1
United States

I was able to get a smooth and nice rendered video. I removed all the effects and used the magic wand to add a nice filter.  I tried this many times before,  don't know how but It worked this time. I guess I had luck with this video.
2018-3-22
Use props
Roderick Standaart
New

Netherlands

It seems that dji go doesn’t render the version it creates when you press complete. However, it does deliver a well rendered movie when you are on the sharing page and press “save the video” (on iPhone under the ... button). So then the problem with the lag is solved

Unfortunately, if ou already rendered it once, changes seems not to be saved if you complete it again and press save video. Someone knows why?
2018-4-2
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

better use 3rd party video editing software. I prefer ActionDirector for mobile devices
2018-4-2
Use props
SergeyL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1588553 ft
Ukraine

Have exactly the same problem with iPad Air 2     Video is choppy, also original music sound like in slow-mo.    A lot of time wasted for new video     Previously   (sept 2017) video was exported without issues!

Btw, the process of editing video in this app is great!    Very quick and convenient!  DJI, Please fix the export !

Using the moment, posting some   "Nice to have" features for this app   (for editing video):
1)    Add possibility to export with higher bitrate.   Actual bitrate is much-much lower than in source video   (even recorded during flight).    It's totally OK if it will take a lot of time to export!!   (let's say a night of export is ok)
2) It would be great to make low-res video (like now) in this app (to make it quick), and then   to make final rendering in 4K  on PC, using the video from SD card.    This can  save time, and add  full quality to the resulted video!

I think a lot of DJI users will appreciate above features!
2018-4-12
Use props
SY Liu
New

Hong Kong

I have found a fix. I had this problem now and again. I get the lag / jittery video randomly whether I use iphone photos or not etc.

Sometimes it just works when i create the video again.

The consistent solution so far is to close all the background applications, restart my phone and create the video.

Good Luck!
2018-4-22
Use props
Slippy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had this issue.... sussed it this morning... when saving to iPhone it saves via the ‘slow mo’ app... when saved to phone go to edit and you will see as when trying to set the slow mo length... close the the gap and save clip...
FIXED
2018-5-13
Use props
fans37694726
New
Flight distance : 25262 ft
Spain

Same Problem - all Videos are laggy and Not smooth - Hope you fixe that Problem
2018-6-27
Use props
amirhafez91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4813 ft

Same here !!
Iphone X
Mavic Air.
Latest firmware everywhere ( APP - DRONE - CONTROLLER )
2018-8-7
Use props
fansfa9d3e71
lvl.2

I was having the same issue (have a post on here about it somewhere within the last 2 weeks). My fix was to use airplane mode when using the editor. Specifically, I found that if Bluetooth was on then the video was choppy. Going to airplane mode and ensuring Bluetooth was off, the video creates perfectly.
2018-8-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules