Phantom 4 pro battert melted to the connecting pins.
12Next >
10835 52 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6b82d7d5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1528153 ft
United States

I had a battery melt to the connecting pins. I thought it wasbthe battery. So I flew with my other 2 batteries with no problems for about 2 weeks. Then it happened again. Do I need to send it in for repairs? Is it under warranty?
2018-1-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good idea!
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

May I have a picture of this case? If it has affected the pins inside the drone, I don't recommend continuing flying the drone. Please provide me with a picture for a better check, or you can send it back, we will help to take care of it.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will diagnose when we receive the drone, if it is a warranty case and within the warranty period, you won't need to pay for the repair.
2018-1-2
Use props
fans6b82d7d5
lvl.1
United States

Yes here are some pics. The drone was purchased in August. Only a few months old.

I filled out a repair order. I have a case number and a packing slip you guys emailed me. I can have it in the mail by tomorrow.

Should I send the batteries in also?

Again thank you for the help.
1020042.jpg
1020041.jpg
1020040.jpg
1020039.jpg
2018-1-3
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder how many people will be checking their contacts after seeing those pics, your lucky you didn't lose the drone by it dropping out of the sky, imagine trying to get a warranty replacement in those circumstances
2018-1-3
Use props
Malolojoe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 312844 ft
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-3 09:15
I wonder how many people will be checking their contacts after seeing those pics, your lucky you didn't lose the drone by it dropping out of the sky, imagine trying to get a warranty replacement in those circumstances

I'm checking mine. Also may add some dialectic grease...
2018-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Seeing those pics, made me feel queasy and ill. That was nasty...

I hope it's a one off... What would cause that to short out?

RedHotPoker
2018-1-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Never seen that before.
2018-1-4
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Wow that is scary might check mine a little bit closer i think
2018-1-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First I've seen of this... Thats alarming! Has the drone or any of the batteries come into contact with water at all? And yes, I'd ship it back asap and wouldn't fly it again!
2018-1-4
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

I have the same horrible pins as shown in the picture, but only on the battery.
Saw it yesterday, hardly got the battery out, it had burned in the pins inside the drone
2018-1-20
Use props
dayviduk
lvl.4

United Kingdom

That is Bad , Very bad ...... i shall be checking mine also

Another person on this thread with similar problems .
2018-1-20
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Sweden

Jepp, me.... very bad
2018-1-20
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Sweden

No one else has this problem with burned pins??
2018-1-21
Use props
darana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2012385 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-2 23:13
May I have a picture of this case? If it has affected the pins inside the drone, I don't recommend continuing flying the drone. Please provide me with a picture for a better check, or you can send it back, we will help to take care of it.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will diagnose when we receive the drone, if it is a warranty case and within the warranty period, you won't need to pay for the repair.

Add another one to the list. Could not remove my battery after flying today. After finally removing it, same situation. Both battery and chassis pins and surrounding plastic are melted, the plastic fused together which is why I couldn't remove the battery.

Went to fill out repair form, but there's no option that replaces the chassis that isn't accidental damage, and support hours are closed. Sigh, will have to call or do chat tomorrow. Not looking forward to wasting hours of time on support chat and being without my drone 5-6 weeks (best case). :-/

2018-1-25
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Sweden

darana Posted at 2018-1-25 19:28
Add another one to the list. Could not remove my battery after flying today. After finally removing it, same situation. Both battery and chassis pins and surrounding plastic are melted, the plastic fused together which is why I couldn't remove the battery.

Went to fill out repair form, but there's no option that replaces the chassis that isn't accidental damage, and support hours are closed. Sigh, will have to call or do chat tomorrow. Not looking forward to wasting hours of time on support chat and being without my drone 5-6 weeks (best case). :-/

Then we are at least 3 people who have had melted batterys
2018-1-29
Use props
darana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2012385 ft
United States

Peo Posted at 2018-1-29 04:15
Then we are at least 3 people who have had melted batterys

Yep. Def odd. I do hope it is a one off. I initiated a case Friday, got label over weekend and am shipping back today. Keeping my fingers crossed on a decent experience this time..
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans6b82d7d5 Posted at 2018-1-3 08:13
Yes here are some pics. The drone was purchased in August. Only a few months old.

I filled out a repair order. I have a case number and a packing slip you guys emailed me. I can have it in the mail by tomorrow.

I am sorry for the late reply because I didn't receive the notifications. Had you sent the drone back already and did the thing resolve? We might need the whole drone and all the batteries in.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap. Appreciate it.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

darana Posted at 2018-1-25 19:28
Add another one to the list. Could not remove my battery after flying today. After finally removing it, same situation. Both battery and chassis pins and surrounding plastic are melted, the plastic fused together which is why I couldn't remove the battery.

Went to fill out repair form, but there's no option that replaces the chassis that isn't accidental damage, and support hours are closed. Sigh, will have to call or do chat tomorrow. Not looking forward to wasting hours of time on support chat and being without my drone 5-6 weeks (best case). :-/

I am terribly sorry to read this case and sorry for the late reply. Have you finished the repair applying progress? Please kindly send the drone and all the batteries in. Thank you.
2018-2-5
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Sweden

Ill send in the drone an 2 battery to DJI in Holland, and got back a brand new drone + 2 battery.
so im happy again
2018-2-7
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Sweden

Sorrrrrrry
2018-2-7
Use props
Refuesal
lvl.1
United States

I sent it in for repair. 100% covered under warranty. The are fixing some gimbal issues also for free. Was not sure if that was a side effect from the connection pins. And 2 free new battieries.
2018-2-10
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2887251 ft
United States

Phantomrain.org Posted at 2018-1-24 00:37
This is a known problem with the battery being a bit loose in the upper right hand corner. .   We have a lot of  clients send us there drones to be fitted with the Phantomrain Wet Suits and if you put the battery in , you will notice that the upper right hand corner of the battery is loose enough to just barely wiggle.   Enough for cold air to seep in and water.    This is why we talk so much about the how the Wet Suit seals the battery shut and keeps the cold air out and the battery whilel sealed in with no more shaking.       This same thing happens to the car battery when the terminals are not tight   or a motor cycle battery , the terminals start to melt over time if at all loose. ..   I posted a video about it on our site phantomrain.org   so you can get a better sense of it.
https://vimeo.com/239069906

...but why would I fly my P4 in the rain??
2018-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

BearDrone Posted at 2018-2-11 16:19
...but why would I fly my P4 in the rain??

To record lightning? Haha

Fly higher.... ;-)

ReHotPoker
2018-2-11
Use props
Big Popie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 608642 ft
United States

I had the same thing on 2 Batteries and in the drone. sent it in and will be getting new one with the refresh? Should it not have been replaced as a warranty like the others?
2018-2-11
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30046 ft

did you send the bird in for repair and did they fix the issue because it happen to me 4 days ago but the battery i had it was a 3rd party battery that i bought one off amazon please let me know thing about to send my bird in thx REGAN VATER
2018-5-3
Use props
Eldudeman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594242 ft

My P4P dropped out of the sky yesterday.  It landed in a tree and bent the landing gear.  After inspection, I noticed my battery pins were melted.  I checked the logs and it illustrates a sudden loss of voltage.  There is some plastic residue on the AC pins...

P4P is out of warranty since May.  I have hundreds of flights with this particular unit and 52 charges on the battery.

I was so lucky that it fell in a tree.  No visual gimbal damage.
2018-7-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Too bad it didn't happen a couple of months ago while under warranty.       https://forum.dji.com/thread-155065-1-1.html
2018-7-2
Use props
Eldudeman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594242 ft

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-2 17:20
Too bad it didn't happen a couple of months ago while under warranty.       https://forum.dji.com/thread-155065-1-1.html

You're telling me.
2018-7-2
Use props
BloodhoundGypsy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154928 ft
United States

Same thing here.  Just noticed the pins melted inside the drone.  
2018-10-24
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

BloodhoundGypsy Posted at 2018-10-24 12:00
Same thing here.  Just noticed the pins melted inside the drone.

OEM or aftermarket battery?

Randy
2018-10-27
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

This is very bad issue. It is because of the bad contact on the battery pin. You have been lucky (as well as the other two) that the drone didn't burnt out or made even bigger fire in the house. With even less melted pins you MUST NOT fly again. The pins must be replaced - both, the battery and the drone ones. You were only minutes away from the fire.
2018-10-28
Use props
BloodhoundGypsy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154928 ft
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 10-27 20:23
OEM or aftermarket battery?

Randy

OEM battery
2018-11-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Wow Scary pics ... i never seen it before
2018-11-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

AlanHd Posted at 1-3 09:15

i m sure  i will check this sh... in the future
2018-11-9
Use props
rodrigo linkweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2217487 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-5 01:40
I am terribly sorry to read this case and sorry for the late reply. Have you finished the repair applying progress? Please kindly send the drone and all the batteries in. Thank you.

Hello Thor.
I have a Phantom 4 Pro here with the same problem. Can you help me?
2019-2-1
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well I count 8 people have had this happen (so far) !! Why is this happening ? and should we ALL start getting paranoid that we might be the next one to suffer this...And what happens if your drone crashes due to the happening  and your drone is out of warranty ?
2019-2-1
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Any up-dates on this issue ??
2019-2-2
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Well this got me to check mine and all is good.... so far. I will be checking them after every flight from now on.
Hope it gets resolved soon. Hopefully DJI Thor will keep us updated.
2019-2-2
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

hgv trucker Posted at 2-1 13:41
Well I count 8 people have had this happen (so far) !! Why is this happening ? and should we ALL start getting paranoid that we might be the next one to suffer this...And what happens if your drone crashes due to the happening  and your drone is out of warranty ?

Make that 9.  It happened to me a few days ago.  see the details here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=186092#pid1822285

--Jim
(Burbank, CA)
2019-4-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules