Phantom 4 pro battert melted to the connecting pins.
10866 52 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MoralDK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186880 ft
United States

I've lost 2 P4As due to battery melt. The battery mounted loosely and basically was supported by the connection on both.  The P4A I'm flying now has a tight fitting battery. After I lost the first drone,  I began checking battery temp after each flight with an infrared thermometer. The second drone concerned me when the connector was hotter than the battery body, revealing the connection as a heat source. It was up to 120 deg F the flight before the battery melt and it wouldn't come out. Now, as the weather warms, with my 3rd drone, t he post flight battery temp was 112 deg F at the connection and body. If and when I see higher temp on the connection, I'll try a new battery. Maybe it's due to terminal wear? Too bad they didn't keep the 2 terminal connection from the P3 design. These problems wouldn't exist.
2019-4-25
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

look i have the same my drone fell like a stone there is a problem with the P4's my drone should be back soon but still not sure if it will just sit on a shelf on show because i am not sure it's safe
2019-5-20
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-4 10:34
Seeing those pics, made me feel queasy and ill. That was nasty...

I hope it's a one off... What would cause that to short out?

2019-6-10
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-4 10:34
Seeing those pics, made me feel queasy and ill. That was nasty...

I hope it's a one off... What would cause that to short out?

this is no one off i think its time to start a poll
2019-6-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sucks to see that. Sheeesh.

RedHotPoker
2019-6-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, that’s toast...

RedHotPoker
2019-6-10
Use props
VladRostov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3793888 ft
  • >>>
Russia

One more P4P gone...

2019-7-1
Use props
Diego Nogueira
New
Brazil

Same problem here. 2 batterys melted, a third still normal. It appears to be more common issue than should be.
2019-11-29
Use props
MV3
New

United States

My Battery did the same thing!!! This is B.S my drone is a couple years old so the warranty is probably up. But I paid a lot of money for my drone and take good care of it. I immediately stopped flight when I noticed the damages
Is there any options for me - or am I stuck with a grounded drone ? I’m scared and refuse to fly unless fixed
My charger is good and in no way burned so it’s gotta be the drone please help!
2020-10-14
Use props
infiniteimpact
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126302 ft
  • >>>
United States

We've probably lost about three drones to the P4 battery melt issue.
2021-3-17
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

My P4P fell out of the sky a few weeks ago from 400 feet, totally destroyed it after hundreds of successful flights.  I was able to recover it and the battery looked like it was still in tact but it was stuck inside the drone.  After about an hour of disassembling I was able to get it out and I noticed the battery contacts looked exactly like the pictures shown in this post.  I figured the contacts were melted due to the crash but now I think it was responsible for it after seeing this post!  All of my batteries were purchased new from DJI, no third party batteries were ever used in it.  I would really like an explanation from DJI on this matter, I'm of the belief that this could be software related since the P4P has been out for at least 4 years and this is the first I've heard of this problem.  I have a brand new P4P V2 and I don't want to take the chance of this happening again!
2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_Ibws8ExJcSJy
New

United States

andy10 Posted at 2018-10-28 00:38
This is very bad issue. It is because of the bad contact on the battery pin. You have been lucky (as well as the other two) that the drone didn't burnt out or made even bigger fire in the house. With even less melted pins you MUST NOT fly again. The pins must be replaced - both, the battery and the drone ones. You were only minutes away from the fire.

So i know this post was a couple years ago but i thought i woukd add. Im fairly new to flying however about a week ago i was flying.  I was about 200 meters away and 348 feet high when my remote lost and disconected from my drone at the same time i watched my drone have a complete failure faling from the sky. When retrieved i obsered 3 pins where the battery connects to the drone burnt and the battery was very difficult to remove from the drone. My drone was a phantom 4 advanced bought used. I bought the drone from my brother inlaw. The battery used was aproximatly 6 months old and had few flights on it. The drone was in prestine condition. I am of course out of warranty. All prwflight checks were completed. Ibwas flying in sport mode. After doing some research thus seems to be a design flaw. I am a disabled veteran and found flying to be great therapy.

I am devistated as this may be used but not a cheap option. Any experience working with dji out of warranty with used drone
2022-7-25
Use props
odombones
New

United States

I am having the same issue with a drone I have purchased second hand. Does anyone know the cause of this? Is the issue the battery or the drone?
The battery only had 26 charges on it, and I was doing simple slow flying, and it happened.
I contacted support, but they just kept saying it was out of warranty and left it at that.

2022-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules