DJI GO has stopped on front face. No video permissions...
1700 11 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marksus1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253314 ft
Australia

I have an osmo mobile and have 2 major issues that makes this thing completely unusable.

first whenever i choose front camera on my pixel 2 XL it crashes, wont let me open and have to reinstall. Second, it won't let me record a video because of my audio permissions. all my permissions are ENABLED. really expected more this isn't a cheap unit....

all latest firmware when can we see a fix I see dozens of people have the same issue....
2018-1-2
Use props
Mightyfo
lvl.2
United States

I had similar issues with front facing. Also had microohone permission that was stopping me from recording. I uninstalled then reinstalled and it has worked so far. I found when changing to front facing pressing the on screen button works better. Even if it's for the first time if you flip back and forth a couple times.
2018-1-2
Use props
Marksus1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253314 ft
Australia

Mightyfo Posted at 2018-1-2 19:01
I had similar issues with front facing. Also had microohone permission that was stopping me from recording. I uninstalled then reinstalled and it has worked so far. I found when changing to front facing pressing the on screen button works better. Even if it's for the first time if you flip back and forth a couple times.

i've uninstalled and reinstalled like 3 times now. Also tried getting rid of the app completely  and disable my bluetooth to use it as a stabiliser, even though i really want the active track and panning timelapse. that just records for 5 seconds then changes my wallpaper. if the unit is turned off, my camera works fine.

heading to japan tomorrow. Guess it's going to be a $200 paper weight the entire time i'm there.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Marksus1 Posted at 2018-1-2 19:07
i've uninstalled and reinstalled like 3 times now. Also tried getting rid of the app completely  and disable my bluetooth to use it as a stabiliser, even though i really want the active track and panning timelapse. that just records for 5 seconds then changes my wallpaper. if the unit is turned off, my camera works fine.

heading to japan tomorrow. Guess it's going to be a $200 paper weight the entire time i'm there.

Hi, sir. Sorry for the unexpected experience. Please record a video about this situation. What is the version of your app? I would forward it to our engineers for further check.
2018-1-4
Use props
Mightyfo
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-4 01:34
Hi, sir. Sorry for the unexpected experience. Please record a video about this situation. What is the version of your app? I would forward it to our engineers for further check.

So my apologizes to @Marksus1 I too am now unable to record video because of Audio Permissions. And again the trigger press for camera flip does crash the app and makes the app unusable until you clear app data.
So as of right now on DJI Go version 3.1.23 on my Pixel 2 Xl running Android 8.1 is no good.  Single Photo capture seems fine. I haven't tried Motion timelapse either. However this is still a pretty big bug.
DJI Elektra I may know what you may say which is that the Pixel 2 XL is not on the list of approved devices. Sorry but that is unacceptable. The Pixel 2 XL is the Flagship phone along with the Note 8 and the iPhone 8 & X. The Pixel 2 XL is the forerunner of Android OS. You should be equipped  and ready to support such a device and work your way back from there. Not start from Android 5.0 Lollipop then up. The Pixel 2 XL was rated DxO mark hightest rated mobile phone camera. Yet your app and product are not equipped to work with it.
My apologizes if DJI Elektra if you were not going to say anything about approved devices. Unfortunately that is the automated script response that I have heard many times before with this Pixel device and the previous Pixel device when it first came out and even the last Nexus device.
Anyways attached is about a 12 minute long video of the process from installing DJi Go from the play store. Pairing. Trying to record video and the cannot record video without mic permission turn on message. Then many ways which show an attempt to turn on microphone permission. As well as the app crash from trying to flip the camera in the Go app.App Crash and unable to record video because of bogus mic permission.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans31a348ce
lvl.2
United States

I've been going through all the Posts on this forum and the only solution I've found is to enable beautify mode and use 720p but app will still crash in selfie mode.
DJI doesn't seem to care much about Android. they seem to give IOS priority. The issue is not with pixel phones it's with Android 8.0 and higher.
I am seriously thinking about getting rid of my Osmo mobile and getting the EVO Shift. Their app looks exactly like the DJI app but performs better and has way more options.lets face it the DJI hardware is only motors and buttons with out the software.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mightyfo Posted at 2018-1-5 11:52
So my apologizes to @Marksus1 I too am now unable to record video because of Audio Permissions. And again the trigger press for camera flip does crash the app and makes the app unusable until you clear app data.
So as of right now on DJI Go version 3.1.23 on my Pixel 2 Xl running Android 8.1 is no good.  Single Photo capture seems fine. I haven't tried Motion timelapse either. However this is still a pretty big bug.
DJI Elektra I may know what you may say which is that the Pixel 2 XL is not on the list of approved devices. Sorry but that is unacceptable. The Pixel 2 XL is the Flagship phone along with the Note 8 and the iPhone 8 & X. The Pixel 2 XL is the forerunner of Android OS. You should be equipped  and ready to support such a device and work your way back from there. Not start from Android 5.0 Lollipop then up. The Pixel 2 XL was rated DxO mark hightest rated mobile phone camera. Yet your app and product are not equipped to work with it.

Mightyfo, we appreciate your assistance to take a video about the issues you are experiencing, we fully understand your frustration, you have our sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience with our APP and device.
The video will be forwarded to our engineers for attention and we will transfer your frustration and need as well.
Currently, we suggest to use HID function, which means when you connect to Osmo Mobile's Bluetooth, you can also use the stock Camera APP in your phone for shooting, Osmo Mobile could just to a stabilizer. The shutter and video buttons in the handle can be used to control the volume button in your phone, thereby to trigger the video and picture taking.
We are sorry again for the trouble caused, hope all the issues will get sorted out soon. Appreciate your kind patience.
2018-1-5
Use props
Mightyfo
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy I have never been able to get the shutter buttons to work when just using the device for HID function. Do I need to connect the device via the Android system Bluetooth?
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mightyfo Posted at 2018-1-7 21:39
DJI Mindy I have never been able to get the shutter buttons to work when just using the device for HID function. Do I need to connect the device via the Android system Bluetooth?

Mightyfo, your are right, you need to connect to Osmo Mobile Bluetooth firstly.
Our engineers need the crash log to analyze the crash reason, is it convenient to provide?
If yes, please find it in mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH and then upload it to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link to me , thank you.
2018-1-9
Use props
Mightyfo
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy I can't seem to connect my device via system Bluetooth. Is it because it is not a recognized device yet? Pixel 2 XL.
Here are the crash logs. The most recent from 10pm was the one after I tried the triple tap on the trigger. However I noticed all these others from the same day even though I didn't use the app today.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11PxsHbrNQ4L3EZx1i1tUt44j7B9zCE0y
2018-1-9
Use props
Mightyfo
lvl.2
United States

NM I was just able to finally connect via the system bluetooth. That's something. Now if the  engineers and developers could get the app to work fully. I'd be so happy.
2018-1-9
Use props
Balmori
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107497 ft

"Fixed" i just switched the storage to my internal memory and start recording... Im using Galaxy S9+ and the till phots worked fine but when i tried to record, pops the "Cannot record video. Allow DJI GO to access your Mic" message. But no anymore... sucks that i cant use the external SD but at lease i can record now
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules