First impressions with my new Spark
1028 12 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artur Macau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256549 ft
Macao

Hi all, after having the chance of testing a bit more my new Spark, in Macau, the only thing i am confused with is about the frequency of the remote.

I think in many screen shots from other users, that in the wifi configuration, we should be able to choose 2.4 or 5.8 ghz, in my case, every time i fly, i can only see 5.8ghz.

As far as range, at around 200 meters distance and 30 meters altitude, the signal started to become very low and the video stream signal starts to cut out, with a frozen image, or black and white image, until it will loose video link, 200 meters is too low right?

Also when i tried go up to 100 meters altitude, right above me, i get also problems with the video link ...

Any suggestions for something i shoud check up?

thanks
2018-1-2
Use props
Emoluss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10896 ft
France

Hi, try getting an OTG cable, and use it to connect your RC and your phone. Many pilots use it (including me) and range is drastically increased.
2018-1-3
Use props
Artur Macau
lvl.3
Macao

Emoluss Posted at 2018-1-3 00:34
Hi, try getting an OTG cable, and use it to connect your RC and your phone. Many pilots use it (including me) and range is drastically increased.

Hi, i did try it but was getting almost the same results with the video transmission ...

And i just don't understand why my RC is always stuck at 5.8ghz ...
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Artur Macau Posted at 2018-1-3 17:41
Hi, i did try it but was getting almost the same results with the video transmission ...

And i just don't understand why my RC is always stuck at 5.8ghz ...

Artur, please tell me the model of your mobile device. You can enter wifi setting of app and chooes "custom" to change the channel. Since you are in Macau, it follows CE certificate.
Here is the range with RC for your reference: CE: 500M (2.4G) 300M(5.8G)
Any error message from the app? Please try to put your phone in airplane mode and turn off the bluetooth devices around spark. Do not shield the antenna during flight.
2018-1-4
Use props
Artur Macau
lvl.3
Macao

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-4 00:29
Artur, please tell me the model of your mobile device. You can enter wifi setting of app and chooes "custom" to change the channel. Since you are in Macau, it follows CE certificate.
Here is the range with RC for your reference: CE: 500M (2.4G) 300M(5.8G)
Any error message from the app? Please try to put your phone in airplane mode and turn off the bluetooth devices around spark. Do not shield the antenna during flight.

Hi Elektra, im using iPhone X.

Every time i fly outdoors, i can only see the RC using 5.8Ghz, theres no choice in the settings, so that might be the reason for the 300m max distance

Errors i usually see is about Bluetooth as i have a Apple Watch, i will stop using it while flying the Spark.
Any way to get the RC to use 2.4ghz outdoors? I really can't see the option to change this...

Another problem is the weak image signal i get a lot, even if im close to the Spark, here is a pic indoors..

2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Artur Macau Posted at 2018-1-4 17:56
Hi Elektra, im using iPhone X.

Every time i fly outdoors, i can only see the RC using 5.8Ghz, theres no choice in the settings, so that might be the reason for the 300m max distance

Sir, please choose the "Custom" and then tap the channel index to change the channel. I would recommend you choose the lowest channel for less interference.
2585E2B5-75E8-79B7-A4E4-AB6106DF1336.jpeg
2018-1-5
Use props
Artur Macau
lvl.3
Macao

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-5 01:39
Sir, please choose the "Custom" and then tap the channel index to change the channel. I would recommend you choose the lowest channel for less interference.

Thank you Elektra, this i know, but why theres no choice for 2.4 and 5.8?
As the picture u post, theres only 2.4 available ...
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Artur Macau Posted at 2018-1-7 17:01
Thank you Elektra, this i know, but why theres no choice for 2.4 and 5.8?
As the picture u post, theres only 2.4 available ...

Did you solve the problem? You need to tap the number of the channel index to change the channel. Please try it again.
2018-1-12
Use props
Artur Macau
lvl.3
Macao

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-12 01:07
Did you solve the problem? You need to tap the number of the channel index to change the channel. Please  try it again.

Hi, no, i can't find a way to be able to change the frequency between 2.4 and 5.8, just can change channels
2018-1-14
Use props
Rhamphorhynchan
lvl.1
United States

Setting the WiFi channel doesn't work for me in the current build. See my thread here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=127006
2018-1-14
Use props
Artur Macau
lvl.3
Macao

Artur Macau Posted at 2018-1-14 05:27
Hi, no, i can't find a way to be able to change the frequency between 2.4 and 5.8, just can change channels

As u can see here, i only see 5.8

i already tried to refresh the spark firmware .009, the only thing i see different is that now i can see the sphere function, and before i couldn't find it...
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Artur Macau Posted at 2018-1-14 05:46
[view_image]

As u can see here, i only see 5.8

Please provide us the whole screenshot of the wifi setting. If you can change the number in the channel index, please try different channel index to enter the channel you want. Since Iphone X is not a recommended device for now, please change a device in our recommended list. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Rhamphorhynchan Posted at 2018-1-14 05:33
Setting the WiFi channel doesn't work for me in the current build. See my thread here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=127006

I would follow you case in your own thread, please update news in the previous one so I can track the situation easily.
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules