Vision System Error - Left Forward Sensor
2559 8 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soundscomplex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8944 ft
Australia

Brand new Mavic out the box, iinstalled new firmware during which the controller disconnected from my phone as I was doing it from the app. Reinstalled the following day and the install worked fine. Purchased the DJI Care Refresh and then went to the park to fly. Was getting Vision System Error on the app, so did not end up flying it more than a simple take off and landing. Tried to calibrate vision system with DJI Assistant 2 and the left sensor is greyed out (completley grey picture). I've checked multiple times for film or stickers on the lens but there is nothing. Right one seems to work fine. Pretty upset as the Mavic was a replacement for a dodgy Phantom 3 Standard I had to return and is now sold out where I purchased the Mavic from, so will be unable to switch it out easily. I've refreshed the firmware twice now,, to no avail. I've taken the battery out of the mavic and restarted it. When I then go to calibrate the vision sensors th left sensor is still greyed out and when I cover the right sensor with a finger DJI Assistant tells me it has lost vision of the calibration image similar to if I move the drone so it doesnt face the screen..

Going for a holiday in a week and desperately wanted to take the Mavic down. Any chance that it is simply a result of the failed firmware update? I havent crashed or anything, drone was new out the box four days ago
2018-1-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Tried to calibrate vision system with DJI Assistant 2 and the left sensor is greyed out (completley grey picture). . . .

Unfortunately, that sounds like a hardware problem that isn't likely to be fixed by any firmware change.

Pretty upset as the Mavic was a replacement for a dodgy Phantom 3 Standard I had to return and is now sold out where I purchased the Mavic from, so will be unable to switch it out easily . . . Going for a holiday in a week and desperately wanted to take the Mavic down.

Can you get a refund and purchase the Mavic somewhere else? Getting two completely different -- but both defective -- aircraft from the same place seems like a strange coincidence.
2018-1-3
Use props
soundscomplex
lvl.1
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-3 04:49
Tried to calibrate vision system with DJI Assistant 2 and the left sensor is greyed out (completley grey picture). . . .

Unfortunately, that sounds like a hardware problem that isn't likely to be fixed by any firmware change.

I work at that place, picked the Mavic up at staff price, whilst it was on sale. unlikely to be able to get it for that price again somewhere else. The place isnt dodgy its a big retail chain across Australia.
The Phantom's main issue was to do with the wifi just dropping out heaps, pretty standard.
2018-1-3
Use props
soundscomplex
lvl.1
Australia

If it is a hardware issue I've got two main concerns.
1) Going through my supplier I might not be able to find one in stock and even if I did I might have a hassle moving the DJI Care Refresh to the new Mavic
2) returning to DJI, worried it is going to take weeks and then at the end of the process I end up with someones refurb already heavily flown. Also worried about the refresh as i bought it literally this morning and its locked to the serial number of my drone
2018-1-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

soundscomplex Posted at 2018-1-3 05:01
If it is a hardware issue I've got two main concerns.
1) Going through my supplier I might not be able to find one in stock and even if I did I might have a hassle moving the DJI Care Refresh to the new Mavic
2) returning to DJI, worried it is going to take weeks and then at the end of the process I end up with someones refurb already heavily flown. Also worried about the refresh as i bought it literally this morning and its locked to the serial number of my drone

I'm not familiar with turnaround time in Australia, but I imagine you're right: it's not very likely that you could get a replacement from DJI within a week. As far as transferring Care Refresh goes, though, getting that done shouldn't require much time at all: just contact technical support and they should be able to get it done pretty quickly.
2018-1-3
Use props
soundscomplex
lvl.1
Australia

If it's not going to be a problem with the refresh thats good. I'll contact DJI Customer SUpport tomorrow morning, hoping against hope its the failed firmware update, as I cant see why one wouldnt work straight from the box. V disappointing, when you pay that much for something you expect it to work smoothly.
Otherwise I'll look for another one in one of the other branches of my store and see if I can get it before I go down south. I think it is unlikely though they were 1199 AUD (CAD and AUD are p much 1 to 1) so I picked mine up for 1060 AUD on staff price, brand new. Had to get the one with a defect though ahah
2018-1-3
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

You can choose to turn off the vision system and still be able to fly... just saying.
With a little extra cautiousness and care, it should be fine while you are enjoying yourself in the south.
2018-1-3
Use props
soundscomplex
lvl.1
Australia

Could do that but dont want to screw my chances of getting a new one. Just want a working Mavic ahaha

this is where I am going, looks perfect for drones.

Help me Dji Tech supporti, youre my only hope
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sincerely sorry to read your post. Please contact the support via support.au@dji.com and start a case. The general turnaround is 5-6 working days. The local team will take care once the unit arrived.  Hopefully we can figure this out soon. BTW, the scenery looks pretty great, wish you have a nice holiday!
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules