4281 21 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drn3px69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

Hi!

Exist any URL to go that I can see the complete list of different latest firmware of the Mavic Pro (aircraft, remote, etc)?
I know that I can see this into the GO app, and also can check in "Announcement" category of this forum for the lastest post of firmware updates, but I believe that is usefull can easily check into a list like in download list ( https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads ) that show the latest version of the apps, manuals, etc. Is not possible add there all the latest versions of Mavic Pro firmwares?

When I not use the aircraft at home, I get the news of new firmware available or some update when I turn on the device on the field. Will be good know this in advance to I can run this task at home.

Cheers,
2018-1-3
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Normally under the link you posted there is a pdf of the latest firmware and what has changed but DJI have not updated this as yet. Check back in a week or so and hopefully there will be a link to the latest firmware.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, do you mean that you want to know about the release notes of the history firmwares? If so, you can visit the release note on the official website, all the notes had listed, then you can check the latest firmware at present, update it if necessary. But if you mean to know the notes of the firmware that has not released, then it might not be possible.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
2018-1-3
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-3 22:58
Just to verify, do you mean that you want to know about the release notes of the history firmwares? If so, you can visit the release note on the official website, all the notes had listed, then you can check the latest firmware at present, update it if necessary. But if you mean to know the notes of the firmware that has not released, then it might not be possible.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_Release_Notes_EN.pdf

Sounds to me like what he wants to know is a list of the MOST CURRENT active FirmWare for the Mavic (or whatever platform), so he doesn't get surprised by an update request from the GO 4 app in the field. Instead, best to know about it in advance so he (or we) could do the updates at home, using Assistant 2.

Sounds like a great idea to me, as well.  
2018-1-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed. This would be a good idea.
2018-1-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FW notifications in advance would be great! Nothing more annoying than arriving at your flight location and the 'update now' popping up without any prior warning.
2018-1-4
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-4 06:05
FW notifications in advance would be great! Nothing more annoying than arriving at your flight location and the 'update now' popping up without any prior warning.

Totally agree!  They (DJI) send me emails for other things, such as sales.
2018-1-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-4 06:08

Same here - they email a lot but never about FW...
2018-1-4
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Argentina

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-1-4 03:46
Sounds to me like what he wants to know is a list of the MOST CURRENT active FirmWare for the Mavic (or whatever platform), so he doesn't get surprised by an update request from the GO 4 app in the field. Instead, best to know about it in advance so he (or we) could do the updates at home, using Assistant 2.

Exactly!!!
2018-1-4
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Argentina

Just to verify, do you mean that you want to know about the release notes of the history firmwares? If so, you can visit the release note on the official website, all the notes had listed, then you can check the latest firmware at present, update it if necessary. But if you mean to know the notes of the firmware that has not released, then it might not be possible.

Thanks to everyone!

No DJI Thor, only the list, like into the GO app.
Now @ https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
I can found: DOCUMENTS & MANUALS, SOFTWARE and APP / LIVE VIEW.
Will be good have also: FIRMWARES and list there, only in text, the lastest version of each device: Aircraft... Remote.... etc (see the attached image, like into the app but that show the lastest version)
Only this. With a quick view over this link I can know if I need update something without need to turn on my Mavic, etc.

For example, I like know what is the lastest firmware of Nikon D500, I go to: http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/323/D500.html
I select firmware and in two easy steps I can know if I need update or not.
The same here with Mavic Pro will be great.
2018-1-4
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Argentina

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-4 06:08

Yes, e-mail on each available update is the best, but maybe is a extra task and resources that DJI not like involve, I think that add to this list ( https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads ) is perfect because each user can bookmark and check when they like.
2018-1-4
Use props
cannabenoid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97274 ft
United States

Ditto. This would be very helpful.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
lvl.2
Argentina

what do you want to know? if the operators of the signature "spy" continue to leave gaps, if I regret to inform you that if they continue to do things wrong, which in fact is wrong! ...
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

drn3px69 Posted at 2018-1-4 10:15
Thanks to everyone!

No DJI Thor, only the list, like into the GO app.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for making it more clear. For now, you can check the latest firmware on the release note I provided above, and the latest app, you will be able to check it on the app store/Google Play to see if there an update. And your suggestion will be transferred. But I think the way to check the app when you set the drone and RC up will be better, since in this way, you will be able to check the current version and then know whether it needs an update.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-1-4 03:46

You are right, thank you for the correction. But for the previously prompting the firmware, it might not be supported at the moment, but will also forward the request. Thank you for understanding.
2018-1-6
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-6 00:15
Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for making it more clear. For now, you can check the latest firmware on the release note I provided above, and the latest app, you will be able to check it on the app store/Google Play to see if there an update. And your suggestion will be transferred. But I think the way to check the app when you set the drone and RC up will be better, since in this way, you will be able to check the current version and then know whether it needs an update.

No prob!

Mmm, sorry, but I not see in the same way. When I go back to home from the field I charge my batteries and keep all into my bacpack. When I go to fly, maybe 2 days after, I already have all ready on my backpack.
With actual method, the method that you propouse me, I know that I need update "something" just when I stay ready to fly. If I like check at home before go to fly, just in case, I need: open the bacpack, open the MP, remove the camera lock, turn on the remote, turn on the MP, connect my mobile, etc... or some similar schema to connect to the computer.
Instead all these tasks, if all these infos it would be listed on the https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads I can open my browser at mobile, computer, tv, etc, and in 10 seconds know if have all my devices updated. Like now, I can easy check that my last Assistant 2 is the 1.2.0, and also the Android app that is 4.1.22, etc. I think that are only fifty lines of code to update that can be very useful to all pilots and also easy to update from the backend.
Other perfect example is the MP User Manual. When I open my new MP I can easy check on this URL and discover that my printed manual that come into my MP box was outdated. Is easy to check, I look the version the date, ready I can check this. The same it would be perfect for all firmwares and even is the only missing information from MP on this URL.

Take care, I only suggest list the lastest version only of each one, not previous. Can see this in my example of Nikon, also GoPro do the same adding also the release not of this version, etc.

THANKS!
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

drn3px69 Posted at 2018-1-6 07:36
No prob!

Mmm, sorry, but I not see in the same way. When I go back to home from the field I charge my batteries and keep all into my bacpack. When I go to fly, maybe 2 days after, I already have all ready on my backpack.

Understand it very clearly. I had forwarded it to our engineers, hopefully, there will be a list. And if you need the info but you can't find it, you can also contact me or our support for the details. Thank you.
2018-1-6
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-6 21:13
Understand it very clearly. I had forwarded it to our engineers, hopefully, there will be a list. And if you need the info but you can't find it, you can also contact me or our support for the details. Thank you.

Thanks DJI Thor!
2018-1-7
Use props
Nomadic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754692 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Wouldn't release notes be enough? You can find at the download page, whether this file date is new.
All the difference is that you want to see it in a web page, and now the detail is in a pdf, still the date is in the webpage.
2018-1-7
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Argentina

Nomadic Posted at 2018-1-7 23:06
Wouldn't release notes be enough? You can find at the download page, whether this file date is new.
All the difference is that you want to see it in a web page, and now the detail is in a pdf, still the date is in the webpage.

Because is not complete the infos there. I can´t found the different Fly Safe Databases for example.
2018-1-8
Use props
Nomadic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754692 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

drn3px69 Posted at 2018-1-8 07:44
Because is not complete the infos there. I can´t found the different Fly Safe Databases for example.

Hmm.. you're right.
As a matter of fact, when I am at field and get this new firmware notice, I'd just ignore it and upgrade later at home. Old firmware usually works just fine.
Maybe before DJI fix this you can try this way :-)
2018-1-9
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Argentina

Nomadic Posted at 2018-1-9 05:59
Hmm.. you're right.
As a matter of fact, when I am at field and get this new firmware notice, I'd just ignore it and upgrade later at home. Old firmware usually works just fine.
Maybe before DJI fix this you can try this way :-)

Yes, of course, I do the same until now and no probs
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules