Taking pictures etc during flight
749 6 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rancher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56824 ft
United States

So, posting a lot of questions today as I am stuck inside while it is cold as heck... sorry.

So, I reset my apple iphone 7 plus and since I did, no DJI app crashes. Now, I love using that software, but not sure yet if it does waypoints like Litchi does, i.e. how to set waypoints and focus points to make a map.

BUT, that being said, going to spend time reading up about it and learning stuff today (after I clean the house a bit.. heh)...

Wanted to throw this question out... and it may be better on Litchi, but, you are all Mavic-ites.. so ;)

When I go in Litchi, I set a waypoint and ask it to :
1 - hold position for 2 seconds
2 - Take a photo

whatever..

and I never seem to get it to take a photo

Also... and this is why I ask here:

In any app, DJI included.. if I am doing a movie, I cannot take a photo, right? I have to stop the movie take a photo, then restart the movie?

Wait, I may have answered my own question.. dang.. lol

I just do it in that order..

1 - Stop and stay for 3 seconds
2 - stop recording
3 - take a photo
4 - start recording

lol..Well, you are getting the post anyway in case I can learn something else new! )

Any other cool apps out there ?

I have like 6 apps on my phone now.

Russ

2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Record continuously during the flight. Whilst editing the video you can pause/freeze frame footage and import that single frame - some of my best stills have been taken from video footage.
2018-1-3
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Some cameras are able to extract a still photo while recording 4K video, if this is a feature you would like, please submit the request via the Go 4 Me section's DJI Support>Product Suggestion feature.

As for cool apps, have you checked out Hangar 360 yet?

2018-1-3
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

I have not, but I am currently watching the free phantomfilmschool videos and debating getting one of the other courses.. heh.. happens when I am bored

I also bookmark everything, so will bookmark that link right now and check it out today, thanks;)

I will go make a post in the suggestion forum right now too!

You, sir, ROCK! ;)

Russ
2018-1-3
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-3 07:20
Record continuously during the flight. Whilst editing the video you can pause/freeze frame footage and import that single frame - some of my best stills have been taken from video footage.

You rock too! heh.. I'll check out my video and try that with it. I am using Sony Vegas 14, very new to that.. and throw a lot away trying to get audio in etc.. heh. VERY basic stuff atm
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Learning is all part of the fun. Let us know how you get on.
2018-1-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

It leads to more storage needs, but don't throw out anything.  Just make a new version that is shorter, keeping the rest for archives.  You never know when you'll need that clip that was swept off the cutting room floor last week.
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules