123Next >
3850 95 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-3 09:42
What else could they state in your opinion other than that they are working on it and that it will come when ready?
Yes, people have believed it would come with version .22 and I had hoped for it too. But it never had been promised for that version. So it will come with another one, whenever it will be ready for release. Recent statements suggest that it might be soon but we'll see. Just repeating the same again and again really doesn't help anyone I believe.
If you have read the other threads you also know what the solution for the time being is (version .15) and it works perfectly well.

"What else could they state in your opinion other than that they are working on it and that it will come when ready?"
Why don't you read what the OP is asking?   He knows about the vague statements from DJI (Which you take as some kind of personal commitment from them lol), we all do, but what we want is a clear statement...

Are we going to have it or not?
   The guff about 'working on it' is just customer service drivel and useless.
2018-1-3
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-3 11:03
Well as I said why not return your drone because it’s suppose to have otg working, surely that’s the right thing to do it’s faulty so return, or is it because you work in IT that somehow your stuck with it.

The thread asked what is dji official position on otg, and that is it is not supported , that’s what they call plain simple English.

If I decide to return the drone, it will be because it is a fraud to sell a device with a declared range of 500m in europe altough the reality is 10x less and even that is by using  probably forbidden frequency range of 5,8GHz. It is an irony that the only way how you can legally get close to the declared range is via oficially unsupported (but otherwise perfectly working with the older DJI Go app) OTG cable ..... but for now I still believe they will fix it soon.
2018-1-3
Use props
Martin Lines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19147 ft
United Kingdom

The most annoying thing about this whole argument for me is the failure for some participants to separate the OTG cable itself from the protocol running over it.

The OTG cable works just fine and they have implemented and support the protocol set for the Goggles to work.

The protocol set for the Spark control is incomplete, bits of code left over from the other devices (mavic etc) mean that some level of operation is possible for some of the Spark functions. What they need to do is implement the full set of Spark functions in a protocol,  this is what would  give proper operation using the OTG as the connecting medium.
2018-1-3
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-3 11:09
Is that the best contribution you have to offer. Who am I trolling .

If your struggling to answer or post a question in this thread then I would consider that trolling.

The best contribution to this forum is to isolate the trolls and the Dji’s masked employees. You repeat everything that the Dji communication department orders you. If you want we go to reread the mountain of post you threw up and we discuss all the nonsense you wrote and keep writing. It's time for you to stop it
2018-1-3
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Raz Taz Posted at 2018-1-3 12:08
The best contribution to this forum is to isolate the trolls and the Dji’s masked employees. You repeat everything that the Dji communication department orders you. If you want we go to reread the mountain of post you threw up and we discuss all the nonsense you wrote and keep writing. It's time for you to stop it

A word of advise, ignore him. You are only wasting your time trying to reason with him, he will not acknowledge the truth even if you stick his nose into it ;).
2018-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Raz Taz Posted at 2018-1-3 12:08

Raz Taz you spend your time going around this forum calling people trolls and insulting people, but have very little to offer in the way of helping others or contributing to debate, so stop trying to hijack this thread, try to contribute to the thread. Good day

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
2018-1-3
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-3 12:18
Raz Taz you spend your time going around this forum calling people trolls and insulting people, but have very little to offer in the way of helping others or contributing to debate, so stop trying to hijack this thread, try to contribute to the thread. Good day

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Hey genius do you want that we  read some of your posts?
We can discuss when you want about what you write.
For now you can tell at the forum how much Dji pay you for your pathetic posts
2018-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Raz Taz Posted at 2018-1-3 12:36
Hey genius do you want that we  read some of your posts?
We can discuss when you want about what you write.
For now you can tell at the forum how much Dji pay you for your pathetic posts

Refer to my answer above. Good bye. Stop high jacking this thread.
2018-1-3
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-3 12:43
Refer to my answer above. Good bye. Stop high jacking this thread.

The genius start to be nervous?
Answer the question: how much they pay you?
2018-1-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-3 11:15
As an admitted newbie, maybe the veterans can better speak to how long OTG/WiFi has been an issue in relation to the Spark

Does DJI condone use of OTG with v.15?

I am pretty sure not to be the only one here who feels very safe piloting the Spark ;-) And I haven't read about any serious issues reported by you either so far in this forum. But of course I do not know how many flights in practice you have done so far with it. It is even more surprising to me that you being in the US and enjoying the strong FCC transmission standard seem to be that much worried.
2018-1-3
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2792 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-3 13:09
I am pretty sure not to be the only one here who feels very safe piloting the Spark ;-) And I haven't read about any serious issues reported by you either so far in this forum. But of course I do not know how many flights in practice you have done so far with it. It is even more surprising to me that you being in the US and enjoying the strong FCC transmission standard seem to be that much worried.

Fair enough.  I have not ventured very high or very far. I have not personally had any problems at all. I guess my anxiety comes from others who post problems from early flights and after numerous flights.  I have not yet developed any preference for WiFi vs OTG... I just want to be able to rely on whichever mode is recommended
2018-1-3
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-3 13:09
I am pretty sure not to be the only one here who feels very safe piloting the Spark ;-) And I haven't read about any serious issues reported by you either so far in this forum. But of course I do not know how many flights in practice you have done so far with it. It is even more surprising to me that you being in the US and enjoying the strong FCC transmission standard seem to be that much worried.

And my background is RC gliders.  2 or 3 channels, simple electronics. Flyaways only if you exceeded transmitter range. Hardware, software, firmware and avionics a little more complex! Lol
2018-1-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-3 14:49
Fair enough.  I have not ventured very high or very far. I have not personally had any problems at all. I guess my anxiety comes from others who post problems from early flights and after numerous flights.  I have not yet developed any preference for WiFi vs OTG... I just want to be able to rely on whichever mode is recommended

Thank you and good to hear! My recommendation would be to just fly as much as current winter weather allows you in safe surroundings and by this getting to know your Spark. You'll be positively surprised about how much it can do if the pilot keeps to common sense rules and always pays attention to the pre-flight checklist.
And please post footage of your flights, all love it. You can see such great footage posted here in the forum every day.
2018-1-3
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Does the current firmware, software,etc support the goggles and/or crystal sky using the cable?
2018-1-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

CabinPete Posted at 2018-1-3 15:01
Does the current firmware, software,etc support the goggles and/or crystal sky using the cable?

I can only respond for CrystalSky. The most up to date firmwares of both Spark and CrystalSky do support OTG cable. The current GO 4 version (on CrystalSky it is still .18) doesn't with the Spark RC.
2018-1-3
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-3 15:06
I can only respond for CrystalSky. The most up to date firmwares of both Spark and CrystalSky do support OTG cable. The current GO 4 version (on CrystalSky it is still .18) doesn't with the Spark RC.

Thanks
So do you believe DJI will make it proprietary to their devises only?
Is so, it looks to me, like it will never be supported to work with anything else.
I don’t have a dog in this fight but it is an interesting read.
Although I do hope those who need/want it do get OTG support.

2018-1-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

CabinPete Posted at 2018-1-3 15:19
Thanks
So do you believe DJI will make it proprietary to their devises only?
Is so, it looks to me, like it will never be supported to work with anything else.

I can honestly assure you that I am convinced that OTG will be made available to all devices as it has been clearly and repeatedly stated by DJI representatives, we just need a little more patience (me including ;-). If your thought was correct and if the problem was not caused accidentally, they certainly would not have "done it" to CrystalSky too, which is the situation right now.
2018-1-3
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-3 15:49
I can honestly assure you that I am convinced that OTG will be made available to all devices as it has been clearly and repeatedly stated by DJI representatives, we just need a little more patience (me including ;-). If your thought was correct and if the problem was not caused accidentally, they certainly would not have "done it" to CrystalSky too, which is the situation right now.

My bad, I missed the “doesn’t” I was thinking you were connected with otg to crystal sky.
2018-1-3
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

I sincerely do respect all the forum participants and I do not want an issue to create a divide amongst the spark community as we will always be a better entity as a single collective opinion. DJI possibly you can create a read only sticky note on this Spark forum on your stance and or plan on the subject.
2018-1-3
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
United States

rimza Posted at 2018-1-3 15:59
I sincerely do respect all the forum participants and I do not want an issue to create a divide amongst the spark community as we will always be a better entity as a single  collection opinion. DJI possibly you can create a read only sticky note on this Spark forum on your stance and or plan on the subject.

That’s a fair request.
2018-1-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

CabinPete Posted at 2018-1-3 15:58
My bad, I missed the “doesn’t” I was thinking you were connected with otg to crystal sky.

Yes, it is too bad that all this has happened, but nothing at all indicates that it has been deliberate. And therefore I trust the promises that they are working hard on fixing it.
2018-1-3
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a thought...why are we assuming the OTG dilemma  is software or a firmware flash related?  Obviously either of those 2 fixes can be deployed via a download & update.  But if its hardware related...hmm
2018-1-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-3 16:14
Just a thought...why are we assuming the OTG dilemma  is software or a firmware flash related?  Obviously either of those 2 fixes can be deployed via a download & update.  But if its hardware related...hmm

Please trust me, I know very reliably that it is only GO 4 related. 100% certain! Otherwise I would not write what I am writing on this topic.
2018-1-3
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
United States

I read on another otg thread, I think there are more than one, that DJI did remove otg on purpose.
This was a post showing a DJI response but before ya’ll grab torches and pitch forks it was done without malice.
They noted an issue and needed to iron out the bugs and test before releasing.
I do believe there is hope for otg, hang in there EU.
2018-1-3
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-3 14:57
Thank you and good to hear! My recommendation would be to just fly as much as current winter weather allows you in safe surroundings and by this getting to know your Spark. You'll be positively surprised about how much it can do if the pilot keeps to common sense rules and always pays attention to the pre-flight checklist.
And please post footage of your flights, all love it. You can see such great footage posted here in the forum every day.

At 60 I am computer semi-literate.  I will get my 10yo granddaughter to show me how do do that!  LOL
2018-1-3
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

I, for one, really hope Raz Taz will seek professional help and gets better soon. He sees DJI employees everywhere he looks at and anyone who doesn't share his hysterical viewpoint is a troll. Allegedly, I myself am in relationship with a particular DJI representative here just because I feel it's wrong to be rude towards anyone over a flying-camera-gizmo-thing. Also, he deals with professional, multi-thousand dollar video equipment on a daily basis and demands the same level of movie-making performance from a selfie drone.
There's still hope, hang in there, dude!

P.S.:
Go ahead, call me a troll once again. See if I care.
2018-1-3
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

First I'm reading about this, and I have to say I'm baffled as to why DJI would remove such a wildly used feature without explanation.
2018-1-3
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Illuminations Posted at 2018-1-3 17:31
First I'm reading about this, and I have to say I'm baffled as to why DJI would remove such a wildly used feature without explanation.

Hopefully it was just an accident caused by the planned official support for the OTG cable we have been promised and we are all waiting for .....
2018-1-4
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I think there are two simple questions we need answered regarding the OTG cable:

- Why did the OTG cable work with the Spark?
- Why doesn't it work now?

Those two simple questions would have very interesting answers.
2018-1-4
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Italy

Zbig Posted at 2018-1-3 17:01
I, for one, really hope Raz Taz will seek professional help and gets better soon. He sees DJI employees everywhere he looks at and anyone who doesn't share his hysterical viewpoint is a troll. Allegedly, I myself am in relationship with a particular DJI representative here just because I feel it's wrong to be rude towards anyone over a flying-camera-gizmo-thing. Also, he deals with professional, multi-thousand dollar video equipment on a daily basis and demands the same level of movie-making performance from a selfie drone.
There's still hope, hang in there, dude!

For someone like you, a laugh is enough
2018-1-4
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

We are again missing forest for the trees - although some singular posts try to point it out from time to time.
OTG is just means of communication between mobile and RC. It is used by Spark pilots because WiFi connection does not work well. Whether DJI fixes OTG or WiFi is their prerogative. Spark pilots need reliable communication and it does not currently exist (OK - it does if you use old version of DJI Go 4 app but then you do not get the benefits of new updates).

The problem is not only isolated to Europe as some forum members are suggesting. While Europe may have most serious problem, I am in Canada and I have problems using WiFi connection because of lag, jerkiness of video and similar issues. Somebody posted a nice video in one of the threads few days ago which show exactly that. Needless to say, when I use OTG (with DJI GO 4 v 4.1.15) these problems are hugely reduced.

Lag and jerkiness of Wifi transmission when your devices are 10 cm apart is a huge software issue which DJI should resolve ASAP. WiFi is with us for over a decade and such problems have been resolved long time ago. The fact that DJI software exhibits it, shows poor design. There is simply no reasonable excuse or explanation for it. More baffling given state of the art technology which Spark is packed with.

While understanding that DJI "works on OTG support", there is really no excuse for breaking it and not being able to get it back to the same working condition as it was few months ago. Yes - do not support it, if you can't yet - but do not break it if you cannot provide other reliable means of communication.

As I said in some of previous posts - I love Spark and will give DJI a benefit of the doubt - for a time. If they come up with solution - power to them. If they continue to provide vague promises with no real follow up, they will get really bad rap and start losing customers. Upgrading to Mavic is not an option if you can't trust the company.

Having said that - I am waiting patiently :-).

2018-1-4
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-1-4 10:09
We are again missing forest for the trees - although some singular posts try to point it out from time to time.
OTG is just means of communication between mobile and RC. It is used by Spark pilots because WiFi connection does not work well. Whether DJI fixes OTG or WiFi is their prerogative. Spark pilots need reliable communication and it does not currently exist (OK - it does if you use old version of DJI Go 4 app but then you do not get the benefits of new updates).

Well said.  That was my point with OP. Either rectify WiFi problems or support OTG and make it work. Doing neither risks alienating established customers and will discourage new ones
2018-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-4 10:52
Well said.  That was my point with OP. Either rectify WiFi problems or support OTG and make it work. Doing neither risks alienating established customers and will discourage new ones

I also think this is the crux of the matter, when spark was first released no otg no support no promise of support except for Crystalsky and goggles, if dji are not going to support otg then WiFi needs to work correctly, and I have to say it does in Europe when using iOS , I have never had a problem and am using up to date FW/SW.
2018-1-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Anyone wondering, why not one Mod/Admin is showing up here?
This topic is hot, maybe to hot for DJI to respond, right now!
2018-1-4
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-4 11:00
I also think this is the crux of the matter, when spark was first released no otg no support no promise of support except for Crystalsky and goggles, if dji are not going to support otg then WiFi needs to work correctly, and I have to say it does in Europe when using iOS , I have never had a problem and am using up to date FW/SW.

OK - I am on Android (LG 5 phone) so I should clarify that issues I am experiencing with lag, jerkiness and freezing of video are on Android device.

DJI - you do support WiFi - please fix it. Or give us OTG back - even if it is not supported. Your "not supported" OTG worked way better than your "supported" WiFi.  
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_pVzOCZc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120361 ft
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-4 11:07
Anyone wondering, why not one Mod/Admin is showing up here?
This topic is hot, maybe to hot for DJI to respond, right now!

And what would the point be? Invite yourself to be insulted by kids that no other tools in toolbox?
2018-1-4
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-4 11:00

When spark was released OTG worked and continued to work until 4.1.18 on android (November) and 4.1.20 on IOS (December)

So summarizing OTG worked since product inception until recently -officially supported or not - you can’t take away functionality and give worse performance and not expect people to be concerned. What if your gas cap on your new car didn’t fit anymore - no where in the manual does it say that the car company supports the gas cap but it is implied.

As stated earlier only DJI can answer this question, if DJI doesn’t want a multitude of threads on the subject they can always put a sticky at the beginning of the forum regarding current and future OTG plans - otherwise get used to many threads.

In other threads with a poll OTG is the number #1 requested feature the customers want

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know a cable connection is more stable and secure than any wireless could ever be.

Now a number of members are switching to hacked apps and this number is continuing to grow not by choice but by nescessity
2018-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dansmar Posted at 2018-1-4 21:26
When spark was released OTG worked and continued to work until 4.1.18 on android (November) and 4.1.20 on IOS (December)

So summarizing OTG worked since product inception until recently -officially supported or not - you can’t take away functionality and give worse performance and not expect people to be concerned. What if your gas cap on your new car didn’t fit anymore - no where in the manual does it say that the car company supports the gas cap but it is implied.

First off, this is dji’s forum I’m sure if they were worried about the amount of threads then they could just delete them, but they have taken the other approach and allowed them, so we know that’s not worrying them.
With regards to a sticky, well I’ve been around here a long time and I have seen much worse problems with dji, and they have a clear policy and it’s not one that will change here because of the amount of threads, in fact the amount of threads is small compared to what I’ve seen before.
The fact that they have allowed some Moderators to say that engineers are working on otg is about as much as your going to get, I also have never heard mods say anything if it wasn’t true, so the balance of probability looks to be in favour of some sort of otg being introduced and supported.
Reality is if they put up a sticky and said it would be coming soon, we would have much more threads asking and demanding when, this is the type of world we live in.
2018-1-5
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-5 03:08
First off, this is dji’s forum I’m sure if they were worried about the amount of threads then they could just delete them, but they have taken the other approach and allowed them, so we know that’s not worrying them.
With regards to a sticky, well I’ve been around here a long time and I have seen much worse problems with dji, and they have a clear policy and it’s not one that will change here because of the amount of threads, in fact the amount of threads is small compared to what I’ve seen before.
The fact that they have allowed some Moderators to say that engineers are working on otg is about as much as your going to get, I also have never heard mods say anything if it wasn’t true, so the balance of probability looks to be in favour of some sort of otg being introduced and supported.

"Reality is if they put up a sticky and said it would be coming soon, we would have much more threads asking and demanding when"

...and quite rightly so, DJI deserve as much grief and hassle as people are willing to give.

They have sat back and watched the annoyance, the downgrading of Apps and the use of hacked apps and have done absolutely nothing to reassure people.

I'd be happy to see the whole page of this forum full of these OTG/WiFi issues...DJI need some respect for EU users specifically who have spent £700 on this junk.

We lost time when it first happened because so called experts were telling people it was a bug, when it patently wasn't.

I've said this before...unless you actually know something about an imminent fix, or of it it being permanently lost, then there's no reason for you to comment.
2018-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-5 04:18
"Reality is if they put up a sticky and said it would be coming soon, we would have much more threads asking and demanding when"

...and quite rightly so, DJI deserve as much grief and hassle as people are willing to give.

So what is it that makes you so special that you think you can tell others here on an open forum not to comment?
My comments were in reply to a comment made to me by somebody else, the fact that you can comment freely but have almost nothing to offer but naysaying and the same diatribe in every post , while telling others who don’t agree with you are somehow not allowed their views or comments.

Develop a can-do-spirit and be sure you are not suppressed by the naysayers whose daily actions are meant to discourage you from achieving what you believe.”
2018-1-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules