One charged Phantom 4 battery does not stay on, other two work fine
1378 5 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Ukraine

One battery, which seems to be fully charged, - 4 green lights, siwtches on and then after a couple of seconds switches off. Other two batteries work fine.

The same in the aircraft, Phantom 4 switches on, and then after a second or two, switches off. This battery used to work fine too. I did about ten flights with this battery. There were no crashes. The problem appeared after several months of storage. Contacts look OK. P4Pro+ flies well with other two batteries.

I cannot discharge it, as the aircraft switches off almost immediatly with this particular battery. I tried to discarge it at the P4 hub, but the blue light of discharging does not apear for this battery.

Is there a way to rest the battery somehow?

2018-1-3
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Does anything happen if you leave the charger connected for some hours?
Have you tried to plug in the charger just after a power on of the battery?
Alternative try turn it on with charger connected.

I believe you would need some way to make it discharge and have the controller circuit see it as discharged, possibly it is dead anyway.

What ever this end up with, fly carefully for some time with this battery.
2018-1-4
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Ukraine

KedDK, thank you for your reply.

I wanted already to throw this battery away. However, I put it once again on charger hub, and suddenly the four green lights changed to one green light. And the battery started to charge.

It seems the battery was fully discharged. But for some reason all the four green lights were consistently on.

It is a bit warmer today in my apartment. It was a sunny day. Maybe this was the reason of its revival? I checked,- the P4 Pro+ works OK again with this battery.

2018-1-6
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not fly with it. It may drop from the sky like a rock. Bite the bullet and buy a new one.
2018-1-6
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I would be very cautious of flying with that battery.
Any battery that gives you any sort of problems obviously has an issue with it.
To test the battery fully charge it then place in ac let drone hover only a couple of feet of the ground no higher, now leave it and time how long it hovers for.
You should get around 30 minutes hover time before battery gets to critical level. If you dont get the 30 minutes out of it then dont fly with it at all it should still be fine to use as bench top battery tho.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When do you purchase this battery? If it is in 6 months, I suggest sending it in and we will help to take care of it, you can click here for applying an online repair case.
And for the long storage, please refer to the battery maintenance tutorial below.
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules