Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Folks,

Does the Cendence have a GPS built in for use with dynamic home point or Active Track?

Do you need the Inspire 2 GPS modle to plug into the CAN port for these features?

I have the Inspire 2 GPS module that I used with the Inspire Remote Controller...is this unit compatible with the Cendence and is it needed?

Ray

2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Ray, you will need to install GPS Module to Cendence to enable Dynamic Home Point function, otherwise, this function cannot be used.
Thanks for the understanding.
2018-1-4
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-4 23:44
Hello Ray, you will need to install GPS Module to Cendence to enable Dynamic Home Point function, otherwise, this function cannot be used.
Thanks for the understanding.

Hi Mindy,

One more question...I received my CrystalSky 7.85 UB which has a GPS in it.  When it is connected to my Cendence will this allow Dynamic Home Point and Active track without the external GPS module?
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2018-1-5 10:39
Hi Mindy,

One more question...I received my CrystalSky 7.85 UB which has a GPS in it.  When it is connected to my Cendence will this allow Dynamic Home Point and Active track without the external GPS module?

CrystalSky supports Dynamic Home Point function on Inspire 2, Inspire 2 GPS Module for Remote Controller is required and the system version of CrystalSky needs to be V2.4.2.0 or later.  
2018-1-5
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-5 20:34
CrystalSky supports Dynamic Home Point function on Inspire 2, Inspire 2 GPS Module for Remote Controller is required and the system version of CrystalSky needs to be V2.4.2.0 or later.

So can I just confirm that dynamic home point is NOT available with I2 remote controller/Crystal Sky combination unless the external GPS module is plugged into the CAN bus port?

I thought the internal GPS on the Crystal Sky would allow dynamic home point without the external I2 GPS module!
2018-1-5
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

dan_vector Posted at 2018-1-5 23:21
So can I just confirm that dynamic home point is NOT available with I2 remote controller/Crystal Sky combination unless the external GPS module is plugged into the CAN bus port?

I thought the internal GPS on the Crystal Sky would allow dynamic home point without the external I2 GPS module!

Hi Mindy,

This thread is still open and the answers are not clear.  Can you clear up the answers???

Thank you,

Ray
2018-1-15
Use props
cockpitmada
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299898 ft
  • >>>
Madagascar

hello all,
still waiting as well for clarification about the above (very important) question.
the question is quite simple:
is dynamic home point operational with CrystaSky (with its internal gps) or the use of dji gps external module is always MANDATORY?
thank you!
2018-2-5
Use props
cockpitmada
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299898 ft
  • >>>
Madagascar

tested today: using cendence rc + crystalsky,  you need definitly the (dji) gps external module in orfer to benefit from the ‘dynamic home point ’...
2018-2-8
Use props
Simon7354
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1721414 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm following this tread with great interest too.
I've noticed in the CS system menu that in the 'Location' menu, the GPS or Location system is turned off to save on the battery as a defult. With the slider on will this now work?
2018-3-15
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Simon7354 Posted at 2018-3-15 15:02
I'm following this tread with great interest too.
I've noticed in the CS system menu that in the 'Location' menu, the GPS or Location system is turned off to save on the battery as a defult. With the slider on will this now work?

If you check the "videos" under the Inspire 2, you will find a video titled "Inspire 2 -Dynamic Home Point".  According to this video produced by DJI...if you have a CrystalSky with built in GPS and you enable Dynamic Return to Home you don't need the external GPS.

Come on DJI make up your mind how this works.

Ray Maxwell
2018-4-9
Use props
MaxP4 - ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Not necessary with 7,85 CrystalSky... have built in GPS.
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules