OSMO wifi not appearing
8258 8 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aek077
New

United States

Brand new osmo just out of the box, I downloaded the DJI GO app and made an account and charged the battery fully. Pressing the buttons that should reset the wifi and flash the firmware creates no response on the camera and I don't know what to do. I have restarted my phone and the camera several times and nothing has made a difference. Please let me know how to fix this, I don't want to return the camera
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Aek. What is the color of the indictor of the handle? Will the camera start self-check when it opens? Can you turn on your osmo? If not, please try to wipe the contactor with 95% alcohol and a cotton swab, and let the alcohol air dry before turning on the battery. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-4
Use props
fansd6f6433e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-4 00:57
Hi, Aek. What is the color of the indictor of the handle? Will the camera start self-check when it opens? Can you turn on your osmo? If not, please try to wipe the contactor with 95% alcohol and a cotton swab, and let the alcohol air dry before turning on the battery. Thanks for your support.

Hi

Everything on my osmo seems to work fine I.e powering on and being able to control the camera. However the Osmo Wifi doesn’t show up on my Iphone, IPad or my partners android phone. I have reset the WiFi settings on the Osmo. I have reloaded the app. Turned my phone off and on etc. Nothing seems to work. I want to try and update the firmeware to see if that works, but obviously the phone and osmo need to be connected for me to do that. I am confident the osmo isn’t broken, I feel it is a software issue. Please help.

Thanks
2018-1-25
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

What Osmo are we talking about? Osmo Mobile, Osmo+, Osmo Pro???

For as far as I know you only need connection between Osmo Mobile and Phone to upgrade FW. For the others you can do FW upgrade by putting the newest FW on Mico SD-Card and putting it in the Osmo.

2018-1-25
Use props
aek077
New

United States

Thanks for the help, unfortunately the camera itself was just broken. No gimbal connection to the actual camera or something so none of its functions were occurring properly. Returned it and got my money back.
2018-1-25
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

go ahead, get a new one.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansd6f6433e Posted at 2018-1-25 08:06
Hi

Everything on my osmo seems to work fine I.e powering on and being able to control the camera. However the Osmo Wifi doesn’t show up on my Iphone, IPad or my partners android phone. I have reset the WiFi settings on the Osmo. I have reloaded the app. Turned my phone off and on etc. Nothing seems to work. I want to try and update the firmeware to see if that works, but obviously the phone and osmo need to be connected for me to do that. I am confident the osmo isn’t broken, I feel it is a software issue. Please help.

I see. Please follow the video and try to flash the firmware for further check. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-1-31
Use props
RafaelWilliams
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-31 03:20
I see. Please follow the video and try to flash the firmware for further check. Please keep us updated, thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvahCGAtZvU

Try and I keep trying, I have followed every step, of those that I have seen here and none of them has worked for me. I need to know if there will be a new update, since neither flashing the current one works on my osmo, and it is not the WIFI board.

A SOLUTION SOON!
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

RafaelWilliams Posted at 2018-5-9 00:28
Try and I keep trying, I have followed every step, of those that I have seen here and none of them has worked for me. I need to know if there will be a new update, since neither flashing the current one works on my osmo, and it is not the WIFI board.

A SOLUTION SOON!

If the problem remains after flashing the firmware, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules