Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello Folks,

I have a Focus unit which I purchased and used with my Inspire 1 via CAN Port.  I now have an Inspire 2 with an X5S, X7, and Cendence with CrystalSky UB.

Can I use the Focus unit with this system via CAN Port?

Can I use the Focus unit at the same time I am using the external GPS via the CAN Port?

Can I purchase the Dual-Band Control and control my X5S and X7 via wireless control?

Why is the Focus unit no longer for sale to my Country (Canada)?

How do I purchase the Dual-Band Control?

I need this information in order to support a professional film operation.

Thanks,

Ray

2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ray, sorry that the Focus unit and the external GPS cannot be used at the same time since there is only one CANbus port in the RC.
The dual controller connects to the Master Controller via its own band, but the distance cannot be over 100 meters.
If you would like to check the image transmission in Slave RC, you will still need the mobile device as display monitor.
Do you mean you would like to purchase the DJI Focus? The current focus which is available in our online store is DJI Focus Handwheel 2, you may try this if you are interested in.
2018-1-7
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-7 23:47
Hi Ray, sorry that the Focus unit and the external GPS cannot be used at the same time since there is only one CANbus port in the RC.
The dual controller connects to the Master Controller via its own band, but the distance cannot be over 100 meters.
If you would like to check the image transmission in Slave RC, you will still need the mobile device as display monitor.

First,  I now have a Focus unit that I have used with my Inspire One.

2nd,  I want to use it with my Inspire 2 with a Cendence RC and CrystalSky 7.85 UB.

Can I use it by connecting via CAN Port?   The external GPS unit has a connector where you can connect another CAN port unit like the Focus.  This is called daisy chaining external devices.

Can I use it wireless by purchasing the 5,8 GHz wireless module.  How do I purchase this unit.  It is not listed on your web site.

Ray
2018-1-8
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2018-1-8 10:55
First,  I now have a Focus unit that I have used with my Inspire One.

2nd,  I want to use it with my Inspire 2 with a Cendence RC and CrystalSky 7.85 UB.

Hi Mindy,

This thread is still open and the answers are not clear.  Can you clear up the answers???

Ray
2018-1-15
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

I also would like to know if the dji focus with wireless module/adapter (not focus wheel 1or 2) works with the inspire 2 ? It works with the CAN bus port cable connected to Inspire 2 controller but it would be nice to not be tethered to the pilot or cam operator.
2018-4-23
Use props
Henry B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2161109 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We have an inside 2 with condense controllers and x7.   What cables and bracket do I need to connect our DJI Focus (Not hand wheel 1 or 2) to Cendence controller for focus control on the X7?
2018-10-31
Use props
Henry B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2161109 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Damn auto spell check.....
Hi Mindy,
We have an Inspire 2 with Cendense controllers and X7.   What cables and bracket do I need to connect our DJI Focus (Not hand wheel 1 or 2) to Cendence controller for focus control on the X7?
2018-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules